Fins sign WR Braxton Barrios | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins sign WR Braxton Barrios

I don't think that's an indictment on Berrios. As a team, the Jets completed 56% of their passes, and Wilson and Moore are legit WR's.

The hope for Berrios on offense is that he can be part of the solution to a more sustainable offense - a guy who can catch short passes and make plays with the ball in his hands, taking advantage of the space created by Hill and Waddle. I don't know how many targets he'll command, but as long as he's efficient with his opportunities, it's a big win. Really, as long as he's a good returner, it's a W, but I think there's some untapped potential playing with a QB like Tua.
Berrios can catch those short passes like you said and turn them into first downs but Tua has to be able and willing to take those short passes unlike last year when he just never did.

Berrios can catch those short passes like you said and turn them into first downs but Tua has to be able and willing to take those short passes unlike last year when he just never did.

Yeah, he was actually better in that regard until the bye week. The game vs Cleveland was probably the best example of him consistently peppering the underneath stuff.

It's more about willingness/perspective than ability imo.

Yeah, he was actually better in that regard until the bye week. The game vs Cleveland was probably the best example of him consistently peppering the underneath stuff.

It's more about willingness/perspective than ability imo.
oh for sure.....talent is not the problem with Tua and he's so accurate that he could complete 9 out of every 10 passes that are 10 yards or less.....he just needs to be willing to do it

It's not his opinions on football or even being a fan of a different team, all that is fine so long as you stay in that lane, hell the guy is pretty knowledgeable when it came to the sport and players. But he would consistently divert from that lane, would square off with fans here, change his avatar to things goading fans to comment and in the end it was his admonishment of starting Dolphins news threads that led to his removal of privileges. Some people have very short memories of this dude, but even 2 years ago this guy was banned for going looney tunes and full meltdown on this site.

He's not nyjunc, he was way more nuanced. Same desired outcome though.

I missed the meltdown and don't pretend to be an expert on any poster, so my perception of the situation may be skewed. In my experience, other posters were more antagonistic toward him than he was to them. But, again, I don't claim to have see all of his interactions on the site.

Generally, though, it takes no extra effort to treat each other with decency.

Everytime I see his name I wanna call him the former Steeler.

Plaxico Burress

I don’t know why…
Me I think of Toni Braxton, must be the resemblance.

In fairness to Braxton "Pickle" he does look older than Zac "Waterboy" Wilson

Bills Fan in peace is a good poster

The amount of people who get worked up by his point of view is somewhat surprising, but generally most posters here are pretty immature and childish.

Hope he comes back, if that dude was what you consider a troll then you haven’t spent enough time on the internet.

I actually see it more like this:

WR1: Hill
WR2: Waddle
WR3: Wilson vs. Ezukanma winner
WR4: Berrios
WR5: Wilson vs. Ezukanma loser
WR6: Sanders vs. Swain

I think Berrios is going to get on the field a lot for gadget plays, sweeps, screens, and empty sets. So I expect him to be that WR4.

WR3 should ideally be someone with the versatility to line up anywhere so that we can move Hill and Waddle around without being constrained by WR3’s limitations. For that same reason, I wouldn’t want the type of X receiver you envision. In my opinion, the most important trait for our WR3 is that he not limit what we can do with our WR1 and WR2. So versatility is really the key.

If we manage to offload Wilson, I think the WR3 gig would become an open competition between Ezukanma, Berrios, and Sanders. And I wouldn’t be surprised if we bring in one more proven veteran who isn’t 5’8 to compete.

Swain to me is purely a ST player and almost definitely a practice squad stash now that we’ve added Berrios.
Wilson will be gone.

Bills Fan in peace is a good poster

The amount of people who get worked up by his point of view is somewhat surprising, but generally most posters here are pretty immature and childish.

Hope he comes back, if that dude was what you consider a troll then you haven’t spent enough time on the internet.
Don’t agree at all. He can occasionally contribute to the dialogue but he can also be a shitposter and a troll. I still find it very suspicious why a Bills fan even wants to be here other than to stir **** up. I have zero desire to be on the Jets board every day and I suspect no one else does either. He has been locked out of posting on threads numerous times and reinstated. I’m not buying his act.

Don’t agree at all. He can occasionally contribute to the dialogue but he can also be a shitposter and a troll. I still find it very suspicious why a Bills fan even wants to be here other than to stir **** up. I have zero desire to be on the Jets board every day and I suspect no one else does either. He has been locked out of posting on threads numerous times and reinstated. I’m not buying his act.
I’d say the bad dolphin fan posters on here are 10x worse.

He was also a more intelligent poster than probably 70% of our posters, too.

If you want to call him a troll, ban the irrational Tua haters or the dude who started a 10 page blog about all the things we’ve done wrong so far this offseason.

The stuff he got banned for was hilariously pathetic. For having dissenting opinions on the internet. Super weak stuff.

If you want to call him a troll, ban the irrational Tua haters or the dude who started a 10 page blog about all the things we’ve done wrong so far this offseason.

The stuff he got banned for was hilariously pathetic. For having dissenting opinions on the internet. Super weak stuff.
He wasn't banned. And he sure wasn't banned for having dissenting opinions. Perhaps read through why.

Ha ha ha I’m so terrible today that I’m likin alla Billsfaninpieces posts now that he can’t post anymore… Nasty I am at times. Got a hunch he’s lurkin out there though!

Yeah that’s true… But that’s family in fighting… You know like a pain in the ass little brother or something… When you got a guy posting threads about our new players one after the other… And he’s from another team - freaking bills of all teams and then he’s got an attitude to boot… Then you got to give the troll the heave ho, which are wonderful mods did!

Just my HIHOIYCDWT?

all due respect to the cheetah, julian edelman was wes welker 2.0.

i can see braxton evolving into julian edelman 2.0 here with us, though!
It’s a circumstances citing! Where you bin bro? Haha ……..

Back
Top Bottom