Fins sitting pretty on $15.8 mil cap space | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins sitting pretty on $15.8 mil cap space

wisefin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...0-20120210_1_salary-cap-cap-space-free-agents

So many possibilities this off-season. Where do we spend this money? Should we even spend the money just for the sake of it? Do we focus more on offense or defense? Will QB be the highest paid addition to the team? Should it be? Who do we say goodbye to and let test free agency? They're many questions yet to be answered, but in that uncertainty should at least give you some comfort that for better or worse...the Miami Dolphins will be a different football team in 2012-13.

Just wanna add that this forecasted cap figure could exceed well over $15.8 mil when taking into account restructuring contracts and cutting of players.

im not sure if we will make any big signings other than targeting our QB. We could go after some LB depth or solid OL competition. other than that i expect Philbin to see what we have on our roster and how they fit into his scheme. i expect us to pay wake and either restructure or cut some players such as bell, mcdaniel, etc. i expect us to try to resign one of Soliai/ Langford as Starks is in the final year of his deal and older than both, we cannot lose all 3 in 2 years.

I like what another poster said....Sign Cliff Anvil, give Wake a raise and sign an O-line then trade up for RG3....but I know its a pipe dream...

I definitely see some contracts getting restructured to free up more cap space. By the time FA starts,i hope and would like to see us have north of 25 million in cap space to spend.

I don't feel like it's a ton.. adequate, but we could get rid of Bell to get more $. Restructure some players if possible. Cut maybe McDaniel. I'm not really sure who else makes a lot that we could spare or replace

we should take a nice look at mario williams along with flynn/rg3/peyton for our qb situation

dont really want to sign wake to a extension want him to prove himself this year as well i dont really think the FO knows how to give a extension yet due to one excellent year and one good/meh year

we shouldnt spend just to spend we have key players for OUR team becoming free agents after this current year like R.Bush, C.Wake

I think we should just give it all to that Bumpus guy.

clear.gif

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/20...0-20120210_1_salary-cap-cap-space-free-agents

So many possibilities this off-season. Where do we spend this money? Should we even spend this money just for the sake of it? Do we focus more on offense or defense? Will QB be the highest paid addition to the team? Should it? Who do we say goodbye to and let test free agency? They're many questions yet to be answered, but in that uncertainty should at least give you the comfort that for better or worse...the Miami Dolphins will be a different football team in 2012-13.

Despite the *****s, put your trust in Ireland, and not over think it, he will do exactly what is best for this franchise..

Despite the *****s, put your trust in Ireland, and not over think it, he will do exactly what is best for this franchise..
Agree 100%!

Even though im sensing a hint of sarcasm...but I may be wrong.

More to the point I happen to really like Jeff Ireland. We will have the players that are capable of taking us to the promise land. Coaching and execution will determine our overall success.

I agree. Ireland hasn/t done that bad...he got us brandon marshall, reggie bush. have to give him a little credit even tho parcells was running it but jake long.

He has yet to take a QB though...I want to see if he has the balls to go for peyton,rg3, or flynn. He he settles for Moore or drafts some no-name im going to lose all faith in him though...we have to address QB!

I am happy that we have some money to spend. You have to agree that the cap is being managed wisely.

Back
Top Bottom