fins to draft okoye ginn or brown in round one? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

fins to draft okoye ginn or brown in round one?

Ginn is the 2nd best WR in the draft. Jarrett is slow and he smells and looks like a bust. Rice and Meachem aren't even closes to Ginn. Levi Brown would be good if we traded down to get him.

:sidelol:

Not so sure I agree with the assessment of Jarrett, I think he'll be good, but I do agree we shouldn't draft him, if we stay at #9. However, if we do trade down, I'd much rather get Brown at OT, as well as grabbing some more draft picks (hopefully a 2nd or 3rd) and then use our 2nd to grab a WR or CB, or maybe even another OL. It all starts up front. If you have a great OL, they make average RB's and average QB's look so much better.

:dolphins:

Jarrett is decent, but we already have that type of receiver in Hagan. Jarrett has a couple more inches but Nobody touches Hagan's prowess in those first ten yards. The speedster fits our needs much better. A lot of people are forgetting about Hagan because he wasn't a rookie sensation. Very few wr are. Look at the seasons Chad Jackson and Santonio Holmes had. Hagan may yet be a gem of an NFL receiver. Having a 4.3 guy across the feild will only help him more.

I dont know about ginn but if randy and cam want him i will back whoever they decide to draft and play at qb whoever they decide i am with them and i am so ready for the free agency and draft and find out the schedule when we play the teams we play why cant it be next year already lol

I'd say brown, or trade down in that scenario, I like Ginn but there are alot of speedy wr in the draft, sure up the Oline or trade down and grab Willis or Poz for or next OLB, Trade more and grab Carricker and Meachem, Trade down enough to grab 4 2nds and grab.........................nevermind i'm goin to far now

I"m a say it like this. I think Ginn will be a stud at WR and Special teams in the NFL.

"Oh he isn't as good of a receiver"

U know he has better speed than Steve Smith and more height. It took Steve smith 3 years to finally become that big play receiver for the panthers, all he did before then was run TD's back on kickoffs and punts.

The upside and potential on Ginn is just remarkable. He gives you that speed option at WR that would gel perfectly with Hagan and Chambers. He IMO is the clear cut number 2 option behind Calvin Johnson in this draft and should definitely be a target for us.

Jarrett does smell like a bust . . . He reminds me of MIke Williams w/ a bit less height but a bit mroe speed, and if u don't know who MIke Williams is . . . he was a top 10 first round pick in 2005 who currently can't beat out Mike Furrey or Cade McNown (QB) on the Lions depth chart. OUr possession guy is Hagan, he will work on those hands . . . no need to get a guy in the same mold. We need to stretch the Defense.

you pick dolfans who are you taking at pick number 9 wr ginn dt okoye or lt brown?i love them all and give me troy smith in round 2 pick 41 you!?:dolphins: go dolphins!!!!!!!!
Okoye. He will be there when you need him. He has a much bigger upside.
There are other guys with speed, there are no other Okoyes out there now. Troy Smith didn't show much in SR bowl. Stanton blew him away.

But 3 tech tackles for a 4-3 defense can make good defensive ends in a 3-4 if they have good quickness.

And Okoye most certainly has that.

And also, while it is nice to have size as a 3-4 nose tackle, the most important charactersitic for that position is strength and explosiveness in the lower body.

Okoye is country strong.
And he is only 19. What will he be like at 25? Sign him and lock him up for a while.

I said on another tread it's probably betwenn those three. I'd take Okoye 1st, if not then Brown. But that could switch the other way afer watching the combines....

I posted on another thread that I thought it was between those three also. My feeling is Okoye 1st, then Brown. But that could switch the other way after watching the combines.

you pick dolfans who are you taking at pick number 9 wr ginn dt okoye or lt brown?i love them all and give me troy smith in round 2 pick 41 you!?:dolphins: go dolphins!!!!!!!!

Levi Brown! It's where we have the most need, and he's looking like he could be our franchise Left Tackle for a decade!!!

Why is everyone so in love with Ginn? He will probably only be a part time player at WR. I would much rather have Jarrett or Bowe. At least those guys have a chance to be full time starters. I don't see Ginn that way at all. You don't waste a draft pick that high on someone that will probably not be a full time starter.

ESPN insider had Kiper and Scouts inc.'s comments on each day of practice at the senior bowl, and word on the street is that Bowe is a complete stud at the WR position. He may actually be the second best receiver in this draft even though he doesn't have the speed Ginn does, he's a damn site bigger than 175 lbs and is strong as hell, so he can get open by overpowering defensive backs which is sometimes even more important than speed...

Amobi
Amobi
Amobi
Amobi
Amobi
Amobi
Amobi
Amobi
Amobi
Amobi
Amobi
Amobi