Fins to swap 1sts with Philly and also trade a 4th rounder for Kiko/Maxwell | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins to swap 1sts with Philly and also trade a 4th rounder for Kiko/Maxwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

finfanaz

Practice Squad
Reaction score
https://twitter.com/1st_Son_of_MD/status/707176750556389377?s=09

CdBlgXRUMAA1DKv.jpg:large

If this is true we would move down 5 spots I think.

Thinking about it I love this trade. We get two day one starters (assuming health - which is rough in regards to Kiko) to move down a few spots and pick up an additional 4th.

Picking at 8 we were kind of in a deadzone. Not high enough to get the best CB or Pass rusher. Some believe that 8 was too high for any of the LBs. So maybe we move back and get in a better position for an LB while picking up some day one starters.

What are your guys thoughts if this is indeed true?

if it's true we are morons

complete morons

it's probably true

Terrible if true. Maxwell and Alonso won't be on the team for more than 2 years, and we potentially lose out on Jack or Hargreaves in the process. This is not good if true

My thought is Darron Lee, Zeke Elliot, Mackensie Alexander look to be our best options now that we will lose out on Myles Jack and VH3. But I like the fact we add and extra pick and 2 players for trading back

Valuing Maxwell & Alonso at a low 3rd, high 4th.... Yuck.

We are getting a 4th and swapping picks. Not giving them a 4th.

Pretty sure he knows that. Regardless, valuing Maxwell & Alonso at a low 3rd/high 4th is yuck.

Would Miami get an additional 4th or would Philly. Hard to tell the way that's worded.

I don't like trading down before the draft because you never know what might happen. What if Joey Bosa dropped to #8 and Miami is now picking at #13? Doubtful, but I still remember Jimmy Johnson trading out and the Dolphins ended up with John Avery instead of Randy Moss.

if this is true, we are going to be looking back at who we could of had like we do now when we traded back to get Odrick and missed out on Dez and both Thomas'

Pretty sure he knows that. Regardless, valuing Maxwell & Alonso at a low 3rd/high 4th is yuck.

Draft value charts are way out of date. Depending on who we are targeting in the first round I don't hate this.

This team just seems to love passing on chances to pick potentially "great" players by trading down to lower draft position in exchange for garbage.

And then the one year they go against the grain and trade UP for a potentially "great" player they pick garbage (Dion Jordan).

:smdh:

Maybe I'm playing devil's advocate, but that's not a completely atrocious deal. They most certainly could have made a much worse one. The difference between number 8 and number 13 in this particular draft isn't that wide. Once you get past the top 3 or 4 non QB prospects, there's not a whole hell of a lot of difference.

Albright doesn't have a lot of inside info but I have heard him criticizing other reporters for putting out false info. So there is that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom