Fins vs Bills Position Matchup | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins vs Bills Position Matchup

I personally would have had a few differences.

IMO the Dolphin's secondary is at least top three and arguably the best in the league. While the Bill's WRs are excellent and arguably every receiving core could be said to have an advantage in the NFL due to the rules, I would have listed this as a push.

I would have been more understanding of your listing the Bills RBs as an advantage against our LBs. While our run D seems to be improved, they did give up some plays against the backs in coverage.

I also think our OL is a work in progress and not very good right now. That could also reasonably be seen as a Bill's advantage.

Overall, I think the Bills are the better team and they're at home. I see them as a year or so ahead of Miami in terms of their rebuild. But I do think Miami closed the gap a bit compared to last year.

BTW thank you for posting this thread.

IMO the Dolphin's secondary is at least top three and arguably the best in the league. While the Bill's WRs are excellent and arguably every receiving core could be said to have an advantage in the NFL due to the rules, I would have listed this as a push.

I would have been more understanding of your listing the Bills RBs as an advantage against our LBs. While our run D seems to be improved, they did give up some plays against the backs in coverage.

I also think our OL is a work in progress and not very good right now. That could also reasonably be seen as a Bill's advantage.

Overall, I think the Bills are the better team and they're at home. I see them as a year or so ahead of Miami in terms of their rebuild. But I do think Miami closed the gap a bit compared to last year.

The game is at pro player stadium.

I could see this. Guess my question would be how good is their Zone Concepts, I know they are very good cover CBs, but the route running can limit press. That is why I am struggling to move this to a push.

Well, it's a good thing the game is played on the field and not on paper. I wouldn't be surprised if Josh Allen regresses he's had 1 elite season in the last 5 years (including college). Last year he played without crowd noise, it's going to be a different atmosphere this year. You guys have the talent advantage while I think we have the coaching advantage. You put McDermott on the phins last year and I don't think we win 10 games imo.
This is my question too, but what is the regression if it is back to 2018 Josh Allen we are in trouble, it is is between 2019 and 2020 Josh Allen yep we are fine, that is the question that will be answered this year I guess. I do think McD get the Fins team last year to 10 wins, he took a less talented team with a Taylor at QB to the playoffs in his first year.

I think it's a fair evaluation.

I'm especially interested to see how Miami's speed at wide receiver plays out. The Dolphins played Buffalo close in the first contest last year, but had nothing at wide receiver down the stretch. Fuller makes his first start for the Dolphins.

Buffalo's wide receivers, especially Diggs, represent a challenge as well.

I think Flores will have to come up with something different against Allen. Allen has made it look pretty easy against Miami. Pittsburgh was able to put constant pressure on him. Don't know if the Dolphins can do that consistently.

I could see this. Guess my question would be how good is their Zone Concepts, I know they are very good cover CBs, but the route running can limit press. That is why I am struggling to move this to a push.
We played mostly zone (and off man) against NE. We honestly don't run Press Man nearly enough. I'd love to see us roll with that most of the time against you guys, make your guys beat the press.

We played mostly zone (and off man) against NE. We honestly don't run Press Man nearly enough. I'd love to see us roll with that most of the time against you guys, make your guys beat the press.
You did that last year, and paid for it, it doesnt really matter how good the DB is in press concepts if the QB has time the WR will always win that battle. Steelers also tried to man up and quickly went into Zone

This is my question too, but what is the regression if it is back to 2018 Josh Allen we are in trouble, it is is between 2019 and 2020 Josh Allen yep we are fine, that is the question that will be answered this year I guess. I do think McD get the Fins team last year to 10 wins, he took a less talented team with a Taylor at QB to the playoffs in his first year.
The Pittsburgh versus Buffalo game was televised here and I saw most of it.

It's hard for a quarterback under that much pressure to do well and Pittsburgh was definitely able to get in Allen's face.

From my view he missed some throws, the long one in the first half, some high etc. But he also didn't force throws, make bad reads etc. That's something he likely does year one and two.

If teams are able to pressure a quarterback like that, even the best will struggle. Not many teams can do what Pittsburgh did, though.

You did that last year, and paid for it, it doesnt really matter how good the DB is in press concepts if the QB has time the WR will always win that battle. Steelers also tried to man up and quickly went into Zone
Obviously press man doesn't work unless the pass rush can get home, but we've adjusted our personnel a bit, and should have a better pass rush when we go to cover 0/1 this year, assuming we do at all. Going to soft zone and giving Allen all day to pass is a recipe for disaster.

Can anybody who watched the bills say was Josh Allen that bad? He was back to 50% Josh

Back
Top Bottom