Fins vs Bills Position Matchup | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins vs Bills Position Matchup

Yeah I did, but the NFL Rules limit that, because if you substitute the rules state the Defense can substitute. I think it is a dumb rule that has been put in place but is there.

Idk I don't think its dumb. Offenses already have enough ridiculous advantages in the modern NFL.

Good luck this week. Obviously I want us to crush you, but I actually respect the Bills more than the other AFC East opponents.

I'm actually of the opinion that a 100% Parker is as good as just about anyone in the league. He's just rarely 100%, even when he plays.

He looked so fresh and explosive in the Patriots game. The FO has to be given credit the way they've managed him during TC etc.
Hopefully he's able to play like that for the rest of the season.
And to think there are people who think this is his last year as a Dolphin, even though he's under contact for 2022 and 2023 at about $5 million per season. At todays NFL prices you can't get a number 3 wr for $5 million per year. Even if Parker gives you 9 or 10 healthy games per year he's worth the price and roster spot.

Last edited:
And to think there are people who think this is his last year as a Dolphin, even though he's under contact for 2022 and 2023 at about $5 million per season. At todays NFL prices you can't get a number 3 wr for $5 million per year. Even if Parker gives tou 9 or 10 healthy games per year he's worth the price and roster spot.

If he's even remotely productive this season and stays healthy then i don;t know how his agent doesn't ask for more money in the offseason. 5 mill per season is a steal for a guy of his potential.

And to think there are people who think this is his last year as a Dolphin, even though he's under contact for 2022 and 2023 at about $5 million per season. At todays NFL prices you can't get a number 3 wr for $5 million per year. Even if Parker gives tou 9 or 10 healthy games per year he's worth the price and roster spot.

He's quite honestly my favorite player on the team, and I'd love nothing more than for him to put together a healthy year with good QB play to compliment him.

He's a guy id really hate to move on from.

Also why Miami is smart to use brissett as the QB sneak guy. Don’t get Tua hurt. It’s a dead give away but it worked both times lol
Hopefully, when the game is not hanging in the balance the OCs have Brisset pass the ball and/or rollout on 3rd or 4th and inches to give opponents something else to think about.

When the game is tight just run the QB sneak.

Naturally, I wish it wasn't so, but I would say the Bills are the better team right now. They have had our number and have won our last 4 meetings. Their team is well-coached, they have great team speed, and they fly around to the ball. Allen can hurt you with his arm or his legs. Honestly, this is the game I am most looking forward to because it will be a great test! Since the Bills are probably one of the league's better teams, they are a good measuring stick on how far we have come. I am hoping for a win. It could be just the thing that gives us the confidence we need to take the next step. :-)

The most disadvantage we have against the bills is the phins oline against the bills Dline.....thats where the game is going to be won or lost by either team.

I think I am leaning toward what you are saying. We are not playing a rookie this week so the biggest things we have to work on are the following:

1. Our ability to rush the qb.. Allen is a threat with his arm, and on the ground.
2. play calling (branching this out):
a) We are likely to overcome issues with the dline by calling for shorter passes, screens, quick slants.
b) We have a real slot wr now with waddle.
c) Parker played big against the bills last so we are having another big game from him. We just need him scoring more.
d) We have an improved running attack.

Last edited:
Last 4 games vs Bills, Parker was the #1 and had 27/359/2.

I have a feeling they wont won't be doubling him this week with Waddle and Fuller on the field. OC statement today sounded like Fuller is gonna play this week despite what Flo said....but then again the smoke they blow is thick.

Hey BFP,

If I'm being honest I thought your assessment of the Bills was a little bit harsh (granted they lost their opener). Fins are actually in a pretty similar position to Game 2 last year (big difference is we WON Game 1 this year). If Rakweaon (DT) is out we're probably going to struggle a little against the run. Our OL is still a work in progress. NE never really challenged our CBs like the Bills will likely do (everything was underneath) - however we do have B. Jones this meeting who was out for Game 2 last year. Not having Noah covering Diggs/Beasley will be an instant upgrade. Our WRs have improved and our RBs may surprise you - if we don't abandon the run early. I think the key to the game will be our OL vs Buffalo's DL - if Tua has time he's capable of doing some damage with this group of WRs. Expecting a close game at home and hopefully the Florida humidity will help wear the Bills down. NE killed us in time of possession last week so we need to flip the script this week if we want to win. Looking forward to a competitive game - best of luck.

I donlt see a lot to disagree with on your post but I've been wondering about this DL unit.

Who is Groot? Rousseau? Is he starting?

How is Hughes still starting at 33? Is he a good edge setter because he hasn't offer a lot in the way of sacks in 4 or 5 years. Still getting pressures?

What is the deal with Epenesa? He was highly touted coming out of Iowa even though he dropped a bit in the draft.

Also curious about Boogie. I liked him as a prospect. Not to mention, Ed Oliver.

Lots of big names and high picks on that DL.
Yes Groot is Rousseau he said it was his nickname at Miami so Bills kept it internally and he did start week 1.

Hughes still gets pressures. Actually got home. Against Ben. That has been his issues the last couple years is getting home.

Epenesa has added weight and power. Played the run well. Was good against Steelers not great but good.

Boogie was inactive game one. Wanting an extra DT up with Star out. I expect him to be active against Fins with Zimmer down IMO. Been rushing him from Inside a lot during summer.

Oliver played like his draft status would suggest against the Steelers. I think this year the light has turned on.

Yes Groot is Rousseau he said it was his nickname at Miami so Bills kept it internally and he did start week 1.

His nickname at Miami was spider because of his loooong arms

No one ever called him Groot to my recollection

You guys got a good one

His nickname at Miami was spider because of his loooong arms

No one ever called him Groot to my recollection

You guys got a good one
No idea. He just mentioned it in his initial Interview. After draft. Maybe it was HS. Or family. He just mentioned it so it stuck. Of course unless no one called him that and he wanted to be called Groot LMAO.

Finishing watching the game and honestly felt like Pitts caught a rusty Bills at the right time.

It's going to be tough to beat them this weekend.
Buffalo looked good in the first half, though, especially on defense. But maybe the offense was rusty.

It really was a tale of two different halves.

Back
Top Bottom