Fins vs Bills Position Matchup | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins vs Bills Position Matchup

I think if Allen continues to expose himself the way he did on the Steelers game, running like a RB; he will get a big injury before midseason.
I don't know if you are old enough to remember Bert Jones, the quarterback for the Colts in the mid 70’s. He would challenge linebackers and take brutal hits. Not a surprise that his career was derailed by injuries. Uber talented too.

Allen's toughness is a strength, but have to be smart there. Tua sometimes needs to slide earlier too for that matter.

Naturally, I wish it wasn't so, but I would say the Bills are the better team right now. They have had our number and have won our last 4 meetings. Their team is well-coached, they have great team speed, and they fly around to the ball. Allen can hurt you with his arm or his legs. Honestly, this is the game I am most looking forward to because it will be a great test! Since the Bills are probably one of the league's better teams, they are a good measuring stick on how far we have come. I am hoping for a win. It could be just the thing that gives us the confidence we need to take the next step. :-)
Fortunately, the team with the most talent doesn't always win.

Miami has a few things potentially going their way. To begin with, the Dolphins are home in September when the heat can be a real factor. I think we could see a lot of up-tempo offensively from Miami.

Revenge? I'm sure the Dolphins want this game badly after how Buffalo won to close out the 2020 season. Miami could have an energy/urgency advantage.

The Bills clearly have more talent. Maybe Miami bridged the gap? I think so, but certainly anxious to find out.

Allen had a great year last year. I think last year was a fluke.
The game will be decided on the field and I like Miami's chances... a lot.

I don't know if you are old enough to remember Bert Jones, the quarterback for the Colts in the mid 70’s. He would challenge linebackers and take brutal hits. Not a surprise that his career was derailed by injuries. Uber talented too.

Allen's toughness is a strength, but have to be smart there. Tua sometimes needs to slide earlier too for that matter.

Not old enough to remember but usually I'm pretty up on my NFL history and players from the past. Never heard of this guy, I think I'll look him up.

Fortunately, the team with the most talent doesn't always win.

Miami has a few things potentially going their way. To begin with, the Dolphins are home in September when the heat can be a real factor. I think we could see a lot of up-tempo offensively from Miami.

Revenge? I'm sure the Dolphins want this game badly after how Buffalo won to close out the 2020 season. Miami could have an energy/urgency advantage.

The Bills clearly have more talent. Maybe Miami bridged the gap? I think so, but certainly anxious to find out.

I really believe last year after Fitz won that Raiders game and was out with COVID against Buffalo the team was deflated.

Love him or hate him, think he's great or terrible, there is 0 doubt the team felt it had a better chance on offense and thus to win with him in the game last year. At the very least they knew he was there to help bail them out in the end each week.

This year I expect a different attitude going into the game. I do think the Bills win by at least 10, but I won't be shocked if we pull it out.

Lol.... The way he "slides", he might be better off taking the hit.

He obviously never played much baseball.

My big questions going in. Can Tua accurately get the ball out against the Bills' rush, and can we contain Allen with a speedy rush, maybe using Jalen and his quickness. I liked how LV did a reasonable job against Jackson last night. Who is our Maxx Crosby in this game?

Not old enough to remember but usually I'm pretty up on my NFL history and players from the past. Never heard of this guy, I think I'll look him up.
He was a little like John Elway. But his major flaw was trying to run over defenders.

I think I am leaning toward what you are saying. We are not playing a rookie this week so the biggest things we have to work on are the following:

1. Our ability to rush the qb.. Allen is a threat with his arm, and on the ground.
2. play calling (branching this out):
a) We are likely to overcome issues with the dline by calling for shorter passes, screens, quick slants.
b) We have a real slot wr now with waddle.
c) Parker played big against the bills last so we are having another big game from him. We just need him scoring more.
d) We have an improved running attack.
I think I am leaning toward what you are saying. We are not playing a rookie this week so the biggest things we have to work on are the following:

1. Our ability to rush the qb.. Allen is a threat with his arm, and on the ground.
2. play calling (branching this out):
a) We are likely to overcome issues with the dline by calling for shorter passes, screens, quick slants.
b) We have a real slot wr now with waddle.
c) Parker played big against the bills last so we are having another big game from him. We just need him scoring more.
d) We have an improved running attack.
Agreed

I think our OL was pretty solid. Nothing spectacular but I think they are getting crushed in the media and by fans. They weren’t the story this game and that’sa good thing
Besides the obvious mistakes and corrections. The offensive line did better vs. the Patriots D than I expected when I watched the game a second time. I am just not impressed with Patriots D-line. I just do not feel confident predicting the performance versus the Bills D-line based on the first game. It looks better, but I am skeptical.

Agree I think the Bills made the right choice at the extension, and I was fully expecting natural regression, as it happens every year.

2020 69.2% 4544 yards 37 TDs to 10 Ints.

If 2021 ends 65% 4500 yards 37 Tds and 13 Ints that would show a regression, but even with those numbers in a 17 game span you will win alot of games and your QB is not the problem.

I do think there are about 4 teams in the NFL that can do what the Steelers Did. Steelers, Bucs, Cle (maybe they have the horses too) Ravens (though the INJ might have made this not a lock either)
His completion % against Pitt 58.8%. I wouldn't be shocked if he had a regression to the 60-62% range.

Allen has been incredible against Miami, but IMO it was more related to the pass rush and play calling. I believe they have the secondary talent to affect Allen similarly. I think the defensive changes they made with the additions of Holland, McCourty, Phillips and more speed at LB were at least in part geared to correcting the problems they've had against Allen.

His completion % against Pitt 58.8%. I wouldn't be shocked if he had a regression to the 60-62% range.

Allen has been incredible against Miami, but IMO it was more related to the pass rush and play calling. I believe they have the secondary talent to affect Allen similarly. I think the defensive changes they made with the additions of Holland, McCourty, Phillips and more speed at LB were at least in part geared to correcting the problems they've had against Allen.
Yeah bad completion % with 6 drops. Add those drops in and that completion % goes up to 70.58%, if you only want to count three (like most are saying the other three were not drops because inaccurate, but three of them WRs had both hands on the ball and let it hit the ground (Sanders, Beasley Davis) that % goes to 64%. That is why I really hate the completion % as a stat used to talk accuracy.

Back
Top Bottom