Fins Will Be Wearing The "throwback" Uniforms | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fins Will Be Wearing The "throwback" Uniforms

Cant change the uniforms in any way for 4 more years. No point in getting bent out if shape and having another "these should be permanent" thread...

Even the players think we should switch to them full-time.

www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/20181130/miami-dolphins-throwback-uniforms-some-players-want-them-to-stay-forever%3ftemplate=ampart

According to an informal survey of players this week, they would like to keep them on forever.

"I love them," safety Reshad Jones said. "I think they should be the all-time uniform. Great stripes. Great face mask."

"They should be our normal ones," offensive tackle Ja'Wuan James said. "We just work here, though. I like the numbers. That green is a deeper green. The striping. The orange sticks out. They're very comfortable, too."

"I think they're dope," cornerback Bobby McCain said. "You what I'm saying? They're really dope. They're nice. Wearing the black cleats gives it something extra. The dark aqua is nice. Hell yeah I look at myself. You've got to make sure you're straight before you go out there. All your P's and Q's. Look good, feel good. Feel good, play good."

Would it be cool if the throwbacks were standard?

"Yeah, I think that would be dope," McCain said.

"I like the old school Dolphin, the one with the Dolphin wearing the helmet," Parker said. "And I like the grey face mask."

"I just like how they look," safety T.J. McDonald said. "A little darker color. A little harder. A little rougher around the edge. I like the Dolphin. I like the stripe."

Would it serve well as a full-time look?

"I wouldn't mind it," McDonald said. "Nope. Wouldn't mind it at all."

On the old logo, the Dolphin is actually DOING something...…..jumping up through the hoop, performing.
This new Dolphin logo just seems to be meandering along, doing nothing.

Uh oh, “dolphin jumping through a hoop” vs “dolphin jumping in front of the sun” debate incoming!

lol the dolphin is not jumping through a hoop ....

The uniforms are fine but the retro logo looks like my 4 year old drew it, let it go people
Let it go Ppl? I bet you hate the Chicago, KC, Green Bay and Dallas logos as well. They look like a 2yr old drew them eh?

Even the players think we should switch to them full-time.

www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/20181130/miami-dolphins-throwback-uniforms-some-players-want-them-to-stay-forever%3ftemplate=ampart

According to an informal survey of players this week, they would like to keep them on forever.

"I love them," safety Reshad Jones said. "I think they should be the all-time uniform. Great stripes. Great face mask."

"They should be our normal ones," offensive tackle Ja'Wuan James said. "We just work here, though. I like the numbers. That green is a deeper green. The striping. The orange sticks out. They're very comfortable, too."

"I think they're dope," cornerback Bobby McCain said. "You what I'm saying? They're really dope. They're nice. Wearing the black cleats gives it something extra. The dark aqua is nice. Hell yeah I look at myself. You've got to make sure you're straight before you go out there. All your P's and Q's. Look good, feel good. Feel good, play good."

Would it be cool if the throwbacks were standard?

"Yeah, I think that would be dope," McCain said.

"I like the old school Dolphin, the one with the Dolphin wearing the helmet," Parker said. "And I like the grey face mask."

"I just like how they look," safety T.J. McDonald said. "A little darker color. A little harder. A little rougher around the edge. I like the Dolphin. I like the stripe."

Would it serve well as a full-time look?

"I wouldn't mind it," McDonald said. "Nope. Wouldn't mind it at all."

Reading all those quotes from the players makes we wonder how we got here in the first place. What series of boggled priorities made it necessary to alter our terrific uniforms and logo? Why was it ever a consideration?

Oh, we weren't tough enough looking. I almost forgot. We went through that era where every uniform change had to be black and every logo needs to be vicious. Make that dolphin snarl.

Instead we end up with a squirt of toothpaste on the helmet, pastel boredom instead of deep aqua, and the NFL's version of a tramp stamp.

How did we get Here? We were bought by an incompetent jerk who insisted on putting his own stamp on the team. Things like Dlist celebrities, club moron in the stadium, tpains theme song, and of course the murder of our uniforms. All for his own ego.
We will never be anything less that a laughingstock under that asshat.

While I love the throwbacks, I can live with our current set...other than the logo, it's pretty close to our early 70's look..

headerimage.img.jpg
larry-little-miami-dolphins-vs-los-angeles-rams-october-31-1971_pg_600.jpg

I agree about the “not saying they are NJ teams” - always bothered me. I grew in Morris County in Rockaway and currently live in Kinnelon near the junction of I-287 and RT 23. I have a brother who lives in Montclair and my best friend from childhood lives in Hackettstown. Before DirecTV I used to go to Spectators across from the Hockey Rink / Turtleback Zoo to see the games. They had a room just for Fins fans so there was always great energy in there. I remember that incredible opening day game in ‘94 when Dan returned and lit up the sky w long TD after TD in a duel w Bledsoe. The place went mental when he bombed it out to Fryar on 4th and 5 when we just needed a FG to tie it up. Place is long gone now of course. We would go to Miami Mikes sometimes too or Ricks in Clifton. I don’t think any of these places are still in business. That’s really cool - thanks for sharing.

Hell yeah Royalshank! Rockaway mall was my local mall. I have vivid memories still of showing up at the mall THINKING I was cool in grade school wearing Miami Dolphins Zubaz pants. I was just 20 years too early for it to be cool and retro lol.

The Bledsoe v Marino wars were insane back in the day. I looked forward to those games on the schedule.

Went to the turtleback zoo with my kids this past weekend. Never knew there was a sports bar near there. Small world!

Roseland here. Grew up in Bloomfield.

Bloomfield in the house! I go there on date nights sometimes now with the wifey. They are transforming that city in a good way with some nice spots.

Thanks for the posts guys. Good to know there are fellow Fins fans in the area suffering as much as I am. :cheers:

Uh oh, “dolphin jumping through a hoop” vs “dolphin jumping in front of the sun” debate incoming!
Hey no joking on Fin Heaven, don’t you know this is a serious site! The Dolphin isn’t jumping in front of the Sun, it’s zooming past it. Gosh some people on this board are just so unknowedgeable!

I miss the 2000's logo, it was the best logo in the history of the franchise, I wish they would bring them back full time, I don't play with any other logo in Madden that we have

Back
Top Bottom