Finsiders Awards: Most Outstanding Offensive Player | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Finsiders Awards: Most Outstanding Offensive Player

fishfanmiami

Let's go Dolphins
Administrator
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Charles Clay ... It's also his B day today.

Guess they had to choose somebody from that offense that ended the year like crap and Clay would get my vote as well.

http://www.thefinsiders.com/blog/20...ve-player?_ga=1.77237650.686730736.1391188230

Writer Selections
Andy Cohen: Charles Clay. When the Dolphins needed a big play, a game-defining moment, it seemed as if Clay was always first in line. A tackle breaking run against San Diego, a huge score against Pittsburgh. Clay gave the Dolphins toughness and reliability.

Andy Kent: Charles Clay. After veteran free agent tight end Dustin Keller was lost for the season before Week 1, Clay seamlessly transitioned into the starting role and became Ryan Tannehill’s go-to player in the passing game with a team-leading six touchdown receptions.

Alain Poupart: Mike Wallace. Wallace’s impact on the Dolphins offense went beyond his numbers, which were pretty solid on their own. Wallace demanded more attention from defenses than any other Dolphins offensive player and also got open deep on a regular basis.

Raul Striker: Charles Clay. Clay nearly caught 70 passes, led the team in touchdown receptions and stayed true to his “Big Play Clay” moniker, as he was involved in multiple key plays, including impressive touchdown catches against the Steelers and Chargers, plus the big 4th down and 6 versus New England, when Miami still controlled their playoff destiny. Clay was an outstanding performer at the toughest position on the offense aside from QB, lining up as a TE, FB and WR and contributing to both the running and passing attacks.

Finsiders Analyst Selections
During The Finsiders live show on Wednesday afternoon on FOX Sports Florida, the broadcast crew provided their votes. While O.J. McDuffie selected Ryan Tannehill, the other three votes; those of John Congemi, Tristin Jones and the fans in the comment center at Dolphins.com all went to Charles Clay. Thus, Clay was a clear winner of the Finsiders Award for Most Outstanding Offensive Player of 2013.

Fan Selection
Who was the Dolphins top offensive player in 2013?

• [*=left]Charles Clay (53%)

[*=left]Ryan Tannehill (25%)

[*=left]Brian Hartline (15%)

[*=left]Mike Pouncey (4%)

[*=left]Mike Wallace (3%)

Congratulations and happy b day to Charles :brewskis:

Good pick. Tannehill would have my vote.

Tannehill was the correct pick, but congrats to Clay who was great

I think the main reason i picked Clay was he came out of no where so to speak.
No one would have thought he'd lead the team in TD passes over Wallace and Hartline.
Clay played badly in the preseason and when Keller went down I thought we were done at TE.
What did I know. Clay was outstanding. Ryan would have been my second choice.

I think Clay was a better TE than Tannehill was a QB, but the QB is a much more important position so I'd vote Tannehill.

Clay all the way...put Clay with an elite QB and his numbers would be incredible...Whoever voted for Wallace or Pouncey should never be allowed to vote again!!!

I'd vote Clay as well based solely on the explosion he had in an offense that he was supposed to be a second thought in.

Back
Top Bottom