Fire Chan Gailey Watch Thread | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fire Chan Gailey Watch Thread

does godsey look like uncle fester?
Godsey-George

George Godsey​

TIGHT ENDS​

College: Georgia Tech

Matters the QB. Fields V Tua would be a fun battle. But collins and co - no thanks. Especially when an elite LT is sitting there (If Fields is gone).

To get Fields, that would mean a major weapon at receiver was passed over, which would continue the same problem of not having a Receiver that can get behind a defense, can give the QB more room to pass in, and can and can actually consistently be counted on to actually catch the ball in crunch time, or non-crunch time.

To get Fields, that would mean a major weapon at receiver was passed over, which would continue the same problem of not having a Receiver that can get behind a defense, can give the QB more room to pass in, and can and can actually consistently be counted on to actually catch the ball in crunch time, or non-crunch time.

i would be stunned if we took a wr at 3. Would probably mean we draft Fields and then trade back, which i think would be great. If we can get more picks and an elite wr thats a win.

probably will need to go early on a rb at 18 if we want a star there too. The top 3 backs are all going to be gone before we pick in round 2.

I'm pretty sure nobody in this thread could have gotten more production out of this offense than Gailey did, so have a seat.

I'm pretty sure nobody in this thread could have gotten more production out of this offense than Gailey did, so have a seat.
Here is the issue with chan gailey...

We hired him to run a simple spread scheme and make the learning gap for Tua easier. Now to start the year we are throwing the ball downfield and we are doing alright with what we have got to work with. Fitz was obviously showing his limits due to age and ability and flores made the call despite Gailey relationship with Fitz.

So tua goes in and the offense takes a near 180. We stop throwing downfield, everything is simpler and we waste a lot of plays by running up the middle. Gailey even admitted he doesn't like running open sets, the hurry up or anything tua is good at. The times tua did that is when he had the most success.

Then the broncos and thumb injury happened. Fitzpatrick goes back in and Gailey throws the ball dwonfield more aggressively. Other than than the chiefs game this continued to be an issue when Tua is in. So between the jets game and raiders game, there are two different playbooks being used. Everyone is starting to pick up on it.

Gailey has to go because of these issues. He wasnt trying to help tua the same way he helped fitz. The relationship he has with Fitz clearly created issues working with Tua. For a guy who supposedly could make his scheme work with Tua, he made sure it didn't.

I was in a huge antique store in Denver just Saturday, the day before the Bills game. Walking booth to booth my eye was caught by a large color team official photo of the Broncos 1988 squad.

I pick it up and start looking at the faces and names. I decide hey why not scan the coaching staff and see if anyone amounted to anything?

Lo and behold, a few guys down from
Pat Bolen and less than a few away from Dan Reeves is none other than..... Chan Gailey. QB coach. While this is just a random sidetrack, the fact remains. We need fresh blood!!

Back
Top Bottom