Fire Chan Gailey Watch Thread | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fire Chan Gailey Watch Thread

There is no way our staff picks a QB with any of our first 3 picks, the staff is too smart for that, we are moving forward not backwards.
Agreed. We're not making a move for another QB one year into Tua. He has shown lots of strengths as well as room for improvement like anyone with a brain in their head would expect. I mean I was pissed at him not playing better but when the anger fades, the reality is, we're in good shape if we add some serious weaponry.

We didn’t get 10 wins because of his magical work with the QBs. We got 10 wins because the defense got lots of turnovers.
I’ve made the same argument you’re making now and was told otherwise.

Gailey like Fitzpatrick have to go. They are married to each other and the biggest cancer on the team. Get rid of them now.
I agree that they both need to go. As long as both of them remain with the team Tua is constantly going to be looking over his shoulder. Gailey has never been comfortable playing a young QB. While I like Fitzpatrick and think he is a good guy. He is not the future for the Dolphins and the Dolphins need to determine next year if Tua is their QB of the future or not.

While I believe Tua will be much improved next year and will prove he deserved to be the 5th pick in the draft. Having Gailey and Fitzpatrick back next year will be a much bigger negative than a positive IMO. If Fitzpatrick wants to come back as the QB coach and not the backup QB I will be okay with that. Other wise the Dolphins needs to find a new backup and OC in 2021.

Maybe they don't want to fire him on his birthday. They are going to wait until after he blows the candles out.

Happy Birthday Chan.

I think the guys on the 3ypc pod said it best, what we need is to find an OC that can build an offense around our chosen QB (whether that's Tua or someone else they bring in), if we keep hiring people like Gailey who was calling an offense that clearly doesn't fit with what Tua can do then it's just a waste of everyone's time. The fit is all important here.
This makes sense. However, IMO there is one big question concerning Tua, and the answer would affect their search for a new OC. The Bills have shown that they've replaced the Pats as the main rival that stands in the way of Miami becoming Division Champion again. The Bills, like the Pats before them, can score a LOT of points and win a LOT of games. Since Miami's so-called good defense can't even slow down the Buffalo back-ups, then Miami will need to build an offense that can outscore them.

So, what type of QB is Tua? With better protection and talented WRs will he be able to light up the scoreboard, or will he continue to be a short pass ball-control game manager? Dink-and-dunk is okay when you have the lead and use short passes and the running game to run out the clock, but to rely on dink-and-dunk as your main offense is useless when you'll need to score 40 points in order to win!

You wrote that if we were to bring in Fields, it would be fun to see them compete against each other, problem with that is, there are three possible elite WRs, any one.of them or all 3 could go within the top 10 picks...Miami needs an ALPHA receiver pretty bad, and will not get this chance again.

To get that receiver, Miami will need to use it's top 10 pick on the receiver they deem to be best for them, using the #3 pick on Fields (what it will take to get Fields), would still leave Miami without a receiver that can get behind the defense, can get WIDE open, and/or, will consistently catch the ball, and make plays when needed.

Not saying your idea to bring competition for Tua is bad, but using a 1st to bring competition against the QB you picked top 5 last year is not a good way to move forward with your Offense...Put weapons around your huge investment QB, If he continues to fail, you bring in someone else.

Heck, take a QB this year, just not early...If Fields happens to fall to the 2nd, take him.
The post you quoted i said wed take Fields and trade back and get a WR and RB ....

The post you quoted i said wed take Fields and trade back and get a WR and RB ....
...And I said, and repeated again, there is a very good chance the top three receivers (The type of quality receivers we need) that could make a difference, could all end up being taken in, if not around the top 10.

Do you know how much valuable draft capital we would have to give up to get back in the top 10?..That's if a team would want to.

...And I said, and repeated again, there is a very good chance the top three receivers (The type of quality receivers we need) that could make a difference, could all end up being taken in, if not around the top 10.

Do you know how much valuable draft capital we would have to give up to get back in the top 10?..That's if a team would want to.

so you are saying no team in the top 10 will want Fields? Lol. Not buying that one. I am very aware of the receivers we need and i think we still get one trading back a few spots.

Back
Top Bottom