Fire Grier and Flores Now! | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fire Grier and Flores Now!

so... lets fire the two people who are going to get us the #1 pick in the draft? before the season ends? nah, let them finish their work.

Thank you for being a voice of reason.

I know many of you don’t like Grier already but IMO the worst thing that could happen is Ross abandoning this plan early because he is impatient or doesn’t like what he sees on the field. Tanks are ugly ugly things and not everyone has the stomachs for them. I’m confident this team will be better in the end. It’s been insufferable being a Dolphins fan the past 20 years with the product on the field so this thing needed to be nuked.

I was down for the tank plan. I was even down with giving Grier his own shot as “the man” since there was always a cloud of “who was really responsible for what picks” even though Grier was the talent evaluator and draft guru of the Trio. But what really has soured on me about Grier is when he decided to trade away one of his best draft picks and foundational young pieces in Tunsil (even if the draft haul was great) and now talk of Minkah too.

What successful team has ever gotten rid of first round draft picks from 2 and 3 years back? The way successful teams like NE, Pitt, Seattle, Balt, NO etc, are built is by drafting well enough and resigning their own to 2nd and 3rd contracts. They don’t ditch their drafted guys 2 to 3 years in for a reset, or because they no longer fit a new “system”.

I thought this year would be about losing a lot, but also evaluating and developing young talent for the future. Can’t do that when your GM is getting rid of all of them.

So now when they finally get the franchise QB, the cupboard will be completely bare without ANY good young players hitting their peak outside of X (if they don’t trade him too).

If Grier thinks he can completely retool this team in 2 years with just the draft in FA and compete for the playoffs quickly he’s delusional.

You posted the question about Dan C, if things would have been better if we had such with him. I'm simply observing that no other team has looked at him seriously for a HC job. So, yes, I'm asking why you think it would have worked out any better with him.
Because Dan Campbell understands football players better. That's all I have but it's hard to imagine he'd be worse than what we've already had and have now. All i know is moving forward they need experience at head coach.

To sum it up for me..... I’m not a fan of Grier nor Flores. Especially Grier. But...... We’ll See.....Said the Zen Master

Because Dan Campbell understands football players better. That's all I have but it's hard to imagine he'd be worse than what we've already had and have now. All i know is moving forward they need experience at head coach.

And the players played hard for him when he was the head coach here for a cup of coffee. They respected him. The players didn't respect Adam Gase and they clearly don't respect Brian Flores so far.

And the players played hard for him when he was the head coach here for a cup of coffee. They respected him. The players didn't respect Adam Gase and they clearly don't respect Brian Flores so far.
Agreed. Thus the point of this thread. Grier, in my opinion is incapable of running a draft nor finding a head coach. I think it’s crazy to expect success from a GM that’s clearly been part of the problem for 20 years. But that’s just my opinion. I’ve been wrong before, and I’ll be wrong again.

That seargent slaughter stuff wears off. It has a shelf life

And it’s very short

I was down for the tank plan. I was even down with giving Grier his own shot as “the man” since there was always a cloud of “who was really responsible for what picks” even though Grier was the talent evaluator and draft guru of the Trio. But what really has soured on me about Grier is when he decided to trade away one of his best draft picks and foundational young pieces in Tunsil (even if the draft haul was great) and now talk of Minkah too.

What successful team has ever gotten rid of first round draft picks from 2 and 3 years back? The way successful teams like NE, Pitt, Seattle, Balt, NO etc, are built is by drafting well enough and resigning their own to 2nd and 3rd contracts. They don’t ditch their drafted guys 2 to 3 years in for a reset, or because they no longer fit a new “system”.

I thought this year would be about losing a lot, but also evaluating and developing young talent for the future. Can’t do that when your GM is getting rid of all of them.

So now when they finally get the franchise QB, the cupboard will be completely bare without ANY good young players hitting their peak outside of X (if they don’t trade him too).

If Grier thinks he can completely retool this team in 2 years with just the draft in FA and compete for the playoffs quickly he’s delusional.
If it ever got out that he didn't take the Tunsil trade you and everyone else would call for him to be fired on the spot. No team would have turned down that trade. It was franchise QB level compensation. If that's why you are soured on him as GM, I don't think you really were going to give a chance.

Agreed. Thus the point of this thread. Grier, in my opinion is incapable of running a draft nor finding a head coach. I think it’s crazy to expect success from a GM that’s clearly been part of the problem for 20 years. But that’s just my opinion. I’ve been wrong before, and I’ll be wrong again.

Bro, go look at the drafts I posted from those years. The ONLY one left who could be considered elite and has been resigned is X. All the others are either gone, been thoroughly mediocre and would be backups on other teams, or are out of the league. The only one beside X who has received a second contract is a gadget WR - Jakeem Grant.

Sorry, in what world is that good?

Don't sell yourself short. You are absolutely correct.

this organization has for the last 15-20 years drafted very poorly...all while signing enough free agents who played well enough to get us to our normal record of 7-9 and 8-8...which always puts us out of range of adding elite talent in the draft.

Back
Top Bottom