Fire Grier and Flores Now! | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fire Grier and Flores Now!

Yeah..... He can do that. But the problem is..... What does he write on the other draft cards? You have to admit..... He’s done a pretty bad job at it up until now.

I don't have to accept your presuppositions.

Grier should have been fired when Gase and Tannebaum were. This team needs a real GM like the Browns and Colts have. Someone that can draft talent and bring in a real head coach. That would be a good starting point.
For the first time, we may be able to attract a fairly decent coach. We don't have much talent, but we'll have a ton of picks and cap room and that #1 overall to grab a QB you want will be attractive to more coaches than what we used to have. We used to have Tannehill / Cleo Lemon / whoever and far too few picks and cap.

But Ross will probably choose to keep the coach who lost the room in week 1 and quite possibly in preseason.

But if Grier is so good as a GM...... Why would we need to Tank? Skape pointed out his drafts.

Could it have anything to do with the carousel of coaches and the not so resourceful contracts that bound us financially? I mean if Grier has been responsible for contracts and coaching choices as well as making all the draft decisions then ok I guess … but I don't believe Grier is the ONE responsible for where we are as a team …. there has to be a meeting of the minds along the way …. some posters sound like Grier is the be all end all and if he is fired we can finally have a decent team ….

It's laughable to me the amount of fans that scream tank from one side of their mouths while coming unglued when they see what a tank looks like .... not you necessarily ... just some fans on this site....

What bothers me most about Flores to this point is he looked completely clueless last week and the fact that the players looked like they did not even want to play football. For a defensive coach to give up 59 points at home, seems to be a major problem with him being in way over his head. The defense looked like it was just out there waiting for the game to get over with. Had Miami lost and at least played hard made some adjustments corrected some issues etc. I get that, bad team not a lot of talent, etc. To get completely destroyed the way they did, shows lack of effort, being unprepared, players out of place, no discipline, no in game adjusting, HC just standing there with a blah look on his face. Where was the coaching, where was the teaching, where was at least making an attempt to correct mistakes?

Dan Campbell was probably in over is head too in his first game as a HC. Big difference is, he TRIED, he has his the team playing HARD for him, etc. Flores the complete opposite.

If this is what Flores brings to the table, then let him and Grier play out the season and get rid of them both. This is Grier's hire and he needs to be held accountable. This season is supposed to be about evaluating players for the future. The coaches and staff should also be evaluated for the same during the season. If Flores can not get this team to be competitive in games, then he needs to go after year 1 along with Grier. There is too many draft picks stocked up to screw up yet again. Need people in the front office that have prior experience with a successful track record. Ross needs to figure it out how to get someone in there that has a proven history of getting it done.

Could it have anything to do with the carousel of coaches and the not so resourceful contracts that bound us financially? I mean if Grier has been responsible for contracts and coaching choices as well as making all the draft decisions then ok I guess … but I don't believe Grier is the ONE responsible for where we are as a team …. there has to be a meeting of the minds along the way …. some posters sound like Grier is the be all end all and if he is fired we can finally have a decent team ….

It's laughable to me the amount of fans that scream tank from one side of their mouths while coming unglued when they see what a tank looks like .... not you necessarily ... just some fans on this site....
This is this site in a nutshell. Wanted to tank and we're a 2 win team until we actually play the first game.

Then complete meltdown.

Short of blind faith, what has Grier shown any of you that he is the answer to actually build this team into a winner?

He has almost 2 decades of a resume with the Miami Dolphins. So what out of that long resume shows you that he can be trusted to rebuild this team successfully?

Short of blind faith, what has Grier shown any of you that he is the answer to actually build this team into a winner?

Blind faith is all we have … We can complain but we can't change the organization …. as FANS we hope our team is turning things around …. have hope, change teams to root for or give up on pro football… those are our options

Grier may have been here 20 years but …

What has been his exact role in the past 5 years?
Has he had total control over every personnel decision?
Has he chosen every coaching staff? … or every head coach?
Has he been instrumental in contract negotiations?

Bottom line.... What exactly has he done that says he needs to be fired? Wouldn't Ross be involved in the conversations? Do we, as fans know how he is held accountable? This team isn't bad because of Grier, but a combination of things that have created the perfect storm and all hell is breaking loose.

The owner is where the buck stops IMO. If Ross is comfortable with the direction his investment is headed then all of this pi$$ing and moaning is senseless. If, as fans, we don't see the vision or agree with the players selected then our choices are clear.

He has almost 2 decades of a resume with the Miami Dolphins. So what out of that long resume shows you that he can be trusted to rebuild this team successfully?

This forum is filled with fans so beaten down over the years they've effectively been turned into battered housewives making excuses for their husband. I know, because-at times-I've been one of them.

This franchise is a train wreck. It has been for a long time. And anyone who seriously trusts the people currently at the helm to successfully turn this ship around are absolutely delusional.

By the end of this season, we're finally going to be positioned to be an attractive destination for GMs/coaches. Will we properly clean house for once and take advantage of that? Likely not, because we're the Miami Dolphins.

I have asked this before and I’ll ask it again. How many Super Bowl teams in the last 25 years have gotten there by completely dismantling their team? This is nothing more than the work of Grier buying time and holding his job for a few more years.

I have asked this before and I’ll ask it again. How many Super Bowl teams in the last 25 years have gotten there by completely dismantling their team? This is nothing more than the work of Grier buying time and holding his job for a few more years.
That is possible, but the Dolphins have not been able to find the right ppl to make the proper decisions to get us to the Superbowl without the tank. We've basically tried everything but the FULL tank. For Grier the FULL tank may give him another year, but if it gets him fired he's not going to look for a job for very long. I don't think he is motivated by the bigger pay check. I think he is motivated to make it work for him and the franchise and the acclaim that comes along with that for both. I could be wrong though. I don't think many of us here know the man personally.

Again I don't think it was a FULL tank until the Texans lost their minds and gave us TWO 1st round picks for Tunsil. After that they then turned their attention to a FULL tank. That is why I don't think what you are suggesting is accurate.

I just don't get it. They told you exactly what they were doing this year, but then after you witness it, you want everyone fired?
1. I disagreed with tanking from the beginning. Odds of landing the best QB in the draft aren’t much better at pick 1 vs pick 10.

2. They’re doing it wrong. To rebuild you shed contracts of old vets that are too expensive. You don’t get rid of young guys entering their primes on rookie contracts.

They didn’t just tear it down to the studs to rebuild, they nuked it. Even with our draft capital and cap space, getting a decent 53 in the next 5 years is pretty much impossible.

Regarding Flores, the team doesn’t just look like it lacks talent. It looks like it is poorly coached. Players are in the wrong spots on the field, they look confused, and they look unmotivated. One week in he has a revolt on his hands. All of those are an indictment on him.

I'm confident Grier can write Tuanigamanuolepola "Tua" Tagovailoa on the draft card and hand it to Roger Goodell.
Considering people are talking about keeping 5-8 players on the current roster, do you trust him to draft/sign 45-48 players? I sure don’t. He was in charge of scouting under the previous regime and our scouting was trash. How he got promoted is beyond me. He should have been part of the house cleaning. Ask the Colts what happens when you draft the next great thing at QB and fail to assemble a competent OL for him.

OK.... I was going to start this thread on January 2nd. But I couldn’t hold back any longer. Sorry about that.

The job of the GM in the NFL is to acquire talent and hold on to that talent. Please stop me if I’m wrong on that. So..... let’s look at Grier’s record so far.

Grier has ruined multiple drafts and has traded or will trade 2 of his last 3 1st round picks.

This team is now barely an NFL Team and would have trouble with Alabama.

Besides X.... name 1 player that would start on any other team in this league?

You might say “ But We’re tanking for Tua” My response is, Grier has been the GM for 3 years.....Right? What has he been doing for that last 2 years?

I have to say..... If I’m handing out a grade right now.....,After 3 years. Grier gets an F

Now for Flores. Besides the fact I think he shouldn’t have been hired, let’s look at his performance in week 1.

The team wasn’t ready to play in any way, shape or form. That is a fact and it is indisputable. We schemed to stop the run....... and the Ravens ran the ball like it was an OTA.

We made almost zero adjustments. We are starting multiple players in the wrong positions (OTs and Minkah).

I realize we have no talent.... But someone please point out anything that Flores or anyone on his staff has done in the last 2 weeks to make you say “That guy is smart!”. Don’t worry, I can’t come up with any either.

If I’m handing out a grade, and I know it’s early, but it’s an F

That is just my opinion.The faster Grier and Flores are gone.....The Better

I mean, the fact that anyone in this thread made it past the very first line is amazing. Already has planned out when to start complaining, MONTHS in advance ....talk about an agenda :lmfao:

Considering people are talking about keeping 5-8 players on the current roster, do you trust him to draft/sign 45-48 players? I sure don’t. He was in charge of scouting under the previous regime and our scouting was trash. How he got promoted is beyond me. He should have been part of the house cleaning. Ask the Colts what happens when you draft the next great thing at QB and fail to assemble a competent OL for him.

blah blah blah... everyone hating on all the good players that've been released/traded. I don't buy your hypothesis

Yep! Let's keep things how they've been for the past 10-15 years. Keep all the same old players, sign that one big FA every year.

Not to mention you give the worst example considering those Colts had more post season success and when they finally got the line right the sky was the limit for them.

Back
Top Bottom