Fire Grier and Flores Now! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fire Grier and Flores Now!

DZimmer000

BJJ Black Belt
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
OK.... I was going to start this thread on January 2nd. But I couldn’t hold back any longer. Sorry about that.

The job of the GM in the NFL is to acquire talent and hold on to that talent. Please stop me if I’m wrong on that. So..... let’s look at Grier’s record so far.

Grier has ruined multiple drafts and has traded or will trade 2 of his last 3 1st round picks.

This team is now barely an NFL Team and would have trouble with Alabama.

Besides X.... name 1 player that would start on any other team in this league?

You might say “ But We’re tanking for Tua” My response is, Grier has been the GM for 3 years.....Right? What has he been doing for that last 2 years?

I have to say..... If I’m handing out a grade right now.....,After 3 years. Grier gets an F

Now for Flores. Besides the fact I think he shouldn’t have been hired, let’s look at his performance in week 1.

The team wasn’t ready to play in any way, shape or form. That is a fact and it is indisputable. We schemed to stop the run....... and the Ravens ran the ball like it was an OTA.

We made almost zero adjustments. We are starting multiple players in the wrong positions (OTs and Minkah).

I realize we have no talent.... But someone please point out anything that Flores or anyone on his staff has done in the last 2 weeks to make you say “That guy is smart!”. Don’t worry, I can’t come up with any either.

If I’m handing out a grade, and I know it’s early, but it’s an F

That is just my opinion.The faster Grier and Flores are gone.....The Better

Grier should have been fired when Gase and Tannebaum were. This team needs a real GM like the Browns and Colts have. Someone that can draft talent and bring in a real head coach. That would be a good starting point.

Heh. We had the least talented team in the nfl... before the tunsil trade, and our plan has been to get the best qb of the 2020 draft, esp after it became obvious to the staff the Rosen can’t read a defense. Enjoy the tank, or take a year off.

Last edited:
So you feel confident that Grier is the guy to rebuild this team? Just curious

OK.... I was going to start this thread on January 2nd. But I couldn’t hold back any longer. Sorry about that.

The job of the GM in the NFL is to acquire talent and hold on to that talent. Please stop me if I’m wrong on that. So..... let’s look at Grier’s record so far.

Grier has ruined multiple drafts and has traded or will trade 2 of his last 3 1st round picks.

This team is now barely an NFL Team and would have trouble with Alabama.

Besides X.... name 1 player that would start on any other team in this league?

You might say “ But We’re tanking for Tua” My response is, Grier has been the GM for 3 years.....Right? What has he been doing for that last 2 years?

I have to say..... If I’m handing out a grade right now.....,After 3 years. Grier gets an F

Now for Flores. Besides the fact I think he shouldn’t have been hired, let’s look at his performance in week 1.

The team wasn’t ready to play in any way, shape or form. That is a fact and it is indisputable. We schemed to stop the run....... and the Ravens ran the ball like it was an OTA.

We made almost zero adjustments. We are starting multiple players in the wrong positions (OTs and Minkah).

I realize we have no talent.... But someone please point out anything that Flores or anyone on his staff has done in the last 2 weeks to make you say “That guy is smart!”. Don’t worry, I can’t come up with any either.

If I’m handing out a grade, and I know it’s early, but it’s an F

That is just my opinion.The faster Grier and Flores are gone.....The Better
You were going to start a thread on January 2nd to fire Flores who wasn't even hired yet?

It's proactive, I'll give you that.

I am also to the point where Im totally disgusted with what has happened to our Dolphins. Sure, we needed a rebuilt, absolutely! But....to destroy this franchise to the point where it is now is not what i had ever imagined.
Grier is a good negotiator, I'll give him that! He has managed to get picks for players most of us thought were going to be let go. But as a talent evaluator, he has not showed me that he is the right man to lead us out of this mess in the next couple of years.
When we were looking for a head coach i wanted someone with HC experienced. But, i will admit, Flores grew on me. So far he has not lived up to my expectations. As a rookie coach I knew he was going to have some growing pains but right now, to me, he looks like he is way over his head as the coach, and it seems he is really close to loosing the locker room.

You were going to start a thread on January 2nd to fire Flores who wasn't even hired yet?

It's proactive, I'll give you that.
I assume he meant next year but maybe Flores improves big time.

Back
Top Bottom