Fire Mularkey | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fire Mularkey

It should be noted that in actuality, no *real* players took the field last night, and what we all saw on tv was indeed a 3-d rendering of Mike Mularkey and Carl Smith playing Madden. The turnovers, poor special teams play, and missed defensive opportunities were a direct result of the "Ask Madden" feature, which prompted Mularkey to throw his controller at the glass pane in the booth repeatedly. Again, at no time did live players take the field and completely fail to perform.

1334 said:
Mularky hasn't been that bad. He calling plays that are moving the ball down field. They are not executing, blocking, catching the ball. It's not entirely Mularky's fault. He's not the greatest, but he's calling plays well enough for this offense to move the ball down the field. How many redzone turnovers do we have? how many dropped balls?

I've been as critical of "Boolarky" as I call him, as anyone has. But at this stage I say give the guy another season, we don't need another OC change and we DO need some consistency on this team.

A change is too late. Perhaps it will happen in the offseason but at this point of the season what is the point? More confusion to an already confusing situation.

Granted Mularkey was handicapped not having RB in and playing with our backup RB. But, yesterday once again the running game was abandoned as soon as we get behind. I understand that falling behind 10 points to a team like the Jax is a major thing since they are such a strong D. Of course we need to throw to get back in the game. But, Mularkey completely abandons the run too soon even if we were behind. That enabled the Jags strong pass rush to tee off on Harrington and make us too one dimensional. This team showed it cannot come back vs. a balanced top 5-10 defense which is what the Jags are.

However, change right now is too little too late. We are stuck with Mularkey for the rest of the season. No, it is not his fault for dropped passes. Its not his fault necessarily that our OL reared its ugly ways of earlier this year.

On the flip side not having an effective gameplan to come back from deficits and calling plays that puts the offense in a one dimensional mode is part of the OCs responsbilities and accoutability. The offenses' poor performance is combination of things and Mularkey is not immune from part of the blame. Good teams find ways to win when key players are injured. The Dolphins are not good enough as a TEAM to win in spite of injuries.

At the end of the season all things need to be reviewed. Assistant coaches and players.

I think a few assistants could be replaced:
Bagget with someone who teaches WRs how to catch balls
Jason Garrett with Don Stock (Marino's QB coach)
OL (Houck has made our line decent, but not good)

Players
Chris Chambers
Barnes
McMichaels
OLBs
Older DL personnel

I don't see Mularkey going anywhere. The teams knows his version of Linehan's offense now, just get players that can execute it. Stick with CP or JH - we don't another new QB (If CP comes back good we have a good backup, if not we have JH as a starter for a few years).

Back
Top Bottom