First 4 picks dream | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First 4 picks dream

If you want to know which positions to select high in the draft... go to any list of player salaries (I use over the cap) and see which positions get the most money, which positions have 20 high paid players, and which positions have 2.

Then draft the players from the over-paid positions.

The professionals in the NFL have given us concrete evidence of which positions they value the most... by how they pay them.

So you think because a guy's arms are an inch or two short he's gonna slide from 5 to 50?? Daniel Jeremiah has him OT1 even while saying that he may be a better G than T.

Unless you want Josh Allen to bend us over again this year, It's absolutely vital we start getting home rushing 4. You can't always scheme pressure. We lost Lawson and Van Noy. We must get a decent Edge unless we end up signing Clowney or something.

And even If our needs at RB were worse , you definitely take the Edge at 18 and the RB later, if just for the extra year of control
Yes, I do:

There aren’t real elite pass rushers in this draft. We need a running back more than we need a pass rusher. Our defense is good, will be good this year, was good last year. Look, my point was if we go Pitts, we will still need a receiver because of the durability issues with our top receivers currently on the roster (Williams, Parker, & Fuller all have durability issues). So that would leave two more picks in the top 50. We need an elite running back IMHO more than a pass rusher (none of which are elite in this draft), and our Oline still has issues especially at center because I don’t think this cat from Baltimore is someone that you can trust. He had the yips. That’s a thing. Lastly, our top priority for the FO this offseason is to set Tua up to succeed, and if we got Pitts I thought that adding 4 of those pieces to the O would help accomplish the most important goal.

Again, it’s just an opinion.

If you want to know which positions to select high in the draft... go to any list of player salaries (I use over the cap) and see which positions get the most money, which positions have 20 high paid players, and which positions have 2.

Then draft the players from the over-paid positions.

The professionals in the NFL have given us concrete evidence of which positions they value the most... by how they pay them.
Totally agree. Which is why I hated the Wilkins pick

Two things: 1. Where/when did I call you a name? 2. Strongly disagree that the running backs in this draft aren’t elite. There are at least 3 that are.
So "gasbags" is a term of endearment now? I realize you weren't addressing an individual. Worse, you painted with a broad brush.

Do you really beleive any of the RBs here are on a level with Zeke, Barkley, Gurley, etc coming out?

I don't.

Smith
Ojulari
Collins
Dickerson
Gainwell
Lecounte
Fitzpatrick

• Kyle Pitts
    TE Florida

• MIA

Micah Parsons
    LB Penn State

• MIA

Javonte Williams
    RB North Carolina

• MIA

Elijah Moore
    WR Mississippi

We have 4 picks in the top 50. We need to spend one of them on one of the top running backs available.
I don’t feel the urgency as many do, but I understand that many want to see the position addressed. I wouldn’t lose my mind if Miami does or doesn’t address it in the second round but I want no part of a first round running back.

Totally agree. Which is why I hated the Wilkins pick
I understand that a lot of people felt that way... but let me provide a slightly different rationale for that pick...

When you team is awful... just exceptionally bad, the old-school idea was to build from the inside out. Fix the strength positions first so that you won't get pushed around. It's an old idea, but I still respect it.

And we did that... Wilkins, Davis, Jackson, Hunt, Kindley... most of them high round picks.

Now that we have a semblance of an Offensive Line, and some Defensive Tackles... now... I think we can revert to option A, draft expensive positions.

Yes, I do:

There aren’t real elite pass rushers in this draft. We need a running back more than we need a pass rusher. Our defense is good, will be good this year, was good last year. Look, my point was if we go Pitts, we will still need a receiver because of the durability issues with our top receivers currently on the roster (Williams, Parker, & Fuller all have durability issues). So that would leave two more picks in the top 50. We need an elite running back IMHO more than a pass rusher (none of which are elite in this draft), and our Oline still has issues especially at center because I don’t think this cat from Baltimore is someone that you can trust. He had the yips. That’s a thing. Lastly, our top priority for the FO this offseason is to set Tua up to succeed, and if we got Pitts I thought that adding 4 of those pieces to the O would help accomplish the most important goal.

Again, it’s just an opinion.

I fail to see how an article on him sliding to #11 means he'll slide to #50. If anything, you're proving my point.

Jaelen Phillips is absolutely elite. He has injury concerns but anyone who's done a bit of digging on it knows it's being overblown.

Our defense was good last year, not great. We lacked pressure, and now we've lost Lawson and Van Noy. Our defense WILL regress unless we add some pass rush.

If we go Pitts, it's no different than going WR at 6, because 12 personnel will become our main set. That means one less WR on the field for a huge portion of our plays, meaning less need at WR.

I agree we need a Center, this can be addressed at #50 after RB at #36

A quality WR will be there at #81 if you really want to take one, check out guys like Nico Collins, D'Wayne Eskridge, Tylan Wallace, Amari Rodgers, Demetric Felton, Jaelon Darden, and Josh Imatorbhebhe.

I understand that a lot of people felt that way... but let me provide a slightly different rationale for that pick...

When you team is awful... just exceptionally bad, the old-school idea was to build from the inside out. Fix the strength positions first so that you won't get pushed around. It's an old idea, but I still respect it.

And we did that... Wilkins, Davis, Jackson, Hunt, Kindley... most of them high round picks.

Now that we have a semblance of an Offensive Line, and some Defensive Tackles... now... I think we can revert to option A, draft expensive positions.
I think many prefer to just build the team willy nilly, and totally disregard the framework of a viable overall plan.

I can nitpick, or defend for that matter, some questionable moves, but I really have no complaint about the approach, and timetable.

A good FO has to look beyond one season.

You can probably get Creed Humphrey in the 2nd round. I would rather draft Najee Harris at #18 and be set at RB for years to come.
If we can great!! But I believe he goes in 1st rd. I’m a huge fan if Teven Jenkins I would love for us get him.

Yes but my problem w drafting a DT high is that they can be had for cheap in FA. The only way I would draft a DT that high is if he is a sack guy. The other positions you mentioned I obviously have no problem drafting high

I think many prefer to just build the team willy nilly, and totally disregard the framework of a viable overall plan.

I can nitpick, or defend for that matter, some questionable moves, but I really have no complaint about the approach, and timetable.

A good FO has to look beyond one season.
I don’t have a problem with the approach of drafting from the inside out either. Just not a DT at 13 or whatever spot we took him at

Yes but my problem w drafting a DT high is that they can be had for cheap in FA. The only way I would draft a DT that high is if he is a sack guy. The other positions you mentioned I obviously have no problem drafting high
Yes, backup quality Defensive Linemen can be found in Free Agency, but I think that most of the better ones get resigned by their drafting teams. Since the salary for DTs is less, I think it is more about availability.

I will say this... there are usually one or two DTs picked in the first round, so the selection wasn't a total break from reality, just a bit over-priced. I don't hate the pick... other than the jumping on Preston Williams thing... he's been a real joy to have on the team.

Back
Top Bottom