First 4 picks dream | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First 4 picks dream

Kyndig

Seasoned Veteran
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Pick 6: Kyle Pitts TE: two tight end sets with Gesicki and Pitts would be deadly. Best TE prospect to come out in A long time. Getting our own Kelce for Tua would be hard to pass up. Word is he can block too, but he is a mismatch and great red zone weapon. This would be a dream.

pick 18: Najee Harris RB: I know some of you gasbags are going to say “what? A running back in the first round? Blah blah blah”. i say damn straight, would you have drafted derick Henry in the first round? That’s what this guy can be. He’s got good hands and at 230 pounds he can smash people in the mouth. In a two tight end set with this guy in the backfield? that would look nasty. RPO’s anyone? Give the offense some flexibility. Buffalo in the winter? Smash em in the mouth With Pitts & Gesicki there to attack the seams and keep the defenses guessing?

Pick 36: Kadarius Toney WR: We still need to add another receiver with the durability issues of Parker, Fuller, and Preston Williams, and if those guys are on the field we’ll need someone who can play in the slot. Terrace Williams would also be nice here.

Pick 50: Center : Rashawn Slater. I know some are projecting him to go higher in the first round as a tackle, but his arms measured 33” at his pro day and he is kind of light. He is projected as the best center on the board though, and I don’t trust the free agent from Baltimore we signed, so I’m taking this guy here.

Now with these four picks the front office has fulfilled their most important goal. That is to set Tua up for success. After this haul, he has the weapons to attack every blade of grass and defenses we play have to respect our passing and running game. I’m hoping our rookie olinemen from last year take a step forward with a full off season of contact drills to improve dramatically as blockers, and :

WR: Parker, Fuller, Toney, Williams, Wilson, (or Bowden depending upon who wins in camp)

TE: Gesicki, Pitts, Smythe

RB: Harris, Gaskin, Brown, Ahmed,

Oline: Jackson, Flowers, Slater, Kindley, Hunt

What about the defense you ask? Defense will be fine and will actually improve for two reasons. Number one, a good offense that can convert on 3rd down and stay on the field will keep them fresh so they won’t get so tired. And 2, I think IGGY will be better than he was last year and our secondary will be even more scary than it was last year. Defense is fine! Priority is to set Tua up for success and this draft‘s investment would definitely do that.

I’d be shocked if we stayed at 18. Think it’s a lock we trade back to a team with an older qb trying to make a run wanting that last big piece maybe Packers or Bucs range

I don’t see us drafting and running back at #18. It’s either an LB, Edge or OT( Creed Humphries) and then in 2nd we can focus on RB.
Creed Humphrey is a center, and won’t go in the first round. He is not as athletic as Slater who would be an amazing get at that position if we were able to snag him. Slater has the feet of a tackle, but his arms are too short to play that position so he would probably be the highest rated center in The draft. But I would take Harris first.

You think Smith is gonna fall to 18? That would be amazing, but highly unlikely and I don’t want to trade up.
I doubt it, but I would pounce on Smith if he did. Another combination I like is Pitts at six, a trade down from 18 and take a defensive edge guy. In the second round go some combination of Elijah Moore, Creed Humphrey, Javonte Williams, or maybe even one of the top two safeties. Miami really shouldn’t screw this up . There are so many wonderful possibilities with the draft assets they possess.

The one position I wouldn’t force is running back. Miami obviously needs an upgrade at the position but I definitely wouldn’t take one in the first round and only take one in the second round if I thought that the player was clearly the best option. I wouldn’t panic and reach for a running back. I would even be fine with Miami doubling up on the position in the middle and later rounds if they had too.

Pick 6: Kyle Pitts TE: two tight end sets with Gesicki and Pitts would be deadly. Best TE prospect to come out in A long time. Getting our own Kelce for Tua would be hard to pass up. Word is he can block too, but he is a mismatch and great red zone weapon. This would be a dream.

pick 18: Najee Harris RB: I know some of you gasbags are going to say “what? A running back in the first round? Blah blah blah”. i say damn straight, would you have drafted derick Henry in the first round? That’s what this guy can be. He’s got good hands and at 230 pounds he can smash people in the mouth. In a two tight end set with this guy in the backfield? that would look nasty. RPO’s anyone? Give the offense some flexibility. Buffalo in the winter? Smash em in the mouth With Pitts & Gesicki there to attack the seams and keep the defenses guessing?

Pick 36: Kadarius Toney WR: We still need to add another receiver with the durability issues of Parker, Fuller, and Preston Williams, and if those guys are on the field we’ll need someone who can play in the slot. Terrace Williams would also be nice here.

Pick 50: Center : Rashawn Slater. I know some are projecting him to go higher in the first round as a tackle, but his arms measured 33” at his pro day and he is kind of light. He is projected as the best center on the board though, and I don’t trust the free agent from Baltimore we signed, so I’m taking this guy here.

Now with these four picks the front office has fulfilled their most important goal. That is to set Tua up for success. After this haul, he has the weapons to attack every blade of grass and defenses we play have to respect our passing and running game. I’m hoping our rookie olinemen from last year take a step forward with a full off season of contact drills to improve dramatically as blockers, and :

WR: Parker, Fuller, Toney, Williams, Wilson, (or Bowden depending upon who wins in camp)

What about the defense you ask? Defense will be fine and will actually improve for two reasons. Number one, a good offense that can convert on 3rd down and stay on the field will keep them fresh so they won’t get so tired. And 2, I think IGGY will be better than he was last year and our secondary will be even more scary than it was last year. Defense is fine! Priority is to set Tua up for success and this draft‘s investment would definitely do that.
We have a MUCH MUCH greater need for a pass rusher than a RB in round 1. IMO we will draft either Javonte Williams in the 2nd or Michael Carter in 3-4.

I wouldn't be mad with that but I suspect we can get one of the top RB's in the draft at 36. I'm taking a DE/LB/WR @ 18.

I do like the idea of adding Terrace Marshall Jr. Start grooming him to be Parkers replacement. I like him a lot more then Toney.

Slater at 50 what are you smoking, he's going top 10.

6 Pitts
18 Phillips or Paye
36 Harris or Etienne or Williams
50 Humphry or Dickerson

That's the dream.

6) Smith or Chase WR
18) Vera-Tucker OL
36) Collins LB
50) Williams RB

Back
Top Bottom