First Day of PADS!!!!!!! Posts HERE!!!! | Page 38 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Day of PADS!!!!!!! Posts HERE!!!!

Anyone know If Jaelan Phillips is 100% ok?? I read that he limped off after a play and haven’t heard if he’s ok or got back out there.

The fact we haven't heard anything good or bad leads me to believe he's ok.

Didn't even know he limped off.

So, hopefully, no news is good news

The fact the NFL is made up of so many UDFAs is simply a matter of, where else are they going to come from? Teams get 7 draft picks a season to field 55 player rosters... Simple math. It doesnt speak to talent disparity or anything at all... Unless to can make the argument that NFL starters are made up of a significant amount of UDFAs, then you might have a point using this % relating specifically to talent level... But I doubt you can make that argument and back it up.
My argument was that once you get to about the 4th round in the draft, there isn't much of (if any) talent disparity between those guys and the guys taken it what approximates to the 8th round. Fans seem to think that UDFAs are so much less talented than the last day draft guys. That is absolutely false.

I don't see many similarities between Marino's and Tua's throws outside of the quick release. Their releases are almost identically fast, but their throwing motions are different.

Actually the low percentage of UDFAs that make rosters would seem to support that overall opinion. Obviously there are exceptions but the most likely thing, historically, is that he has very low odds of making the roster as a rookie. The practice squad for his first year is far more probable, which incidentally is where Needham started.
RB is also one of the easiest positions to stash on the PS. Either way I love his tape abs what he could bring to this offense so I hope we’re able to keep him in Miami (PS or otherwise) to keep developing for a year.

RB is also one of the easiest positions to stash on the PS. Either way I love his tape abs what he could bring to this offense so I hope we’re able to keep him in Miami (PS or otherwise) to keep developing for a year.
I agree that the PS squad is his most likely destination this season. I see similar elusiveness to what we have in Edmonds. I think that's part of why they brought him in and why McD mentioned him as standing out. I think they might see him as an insurance policy they can stash on the PS.

Back
Top Bottom