First Game Without My Dad - Phins Get The Win For All The Dads | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Game Without My Dad - Phins Get The Win For All The Dads

Growing up in the 70s, I don't have a lot of good memories of my dad (he was still drinking then, but cleaned himself up beautifully in the early 80s and finally became the man he should've been), but one thing we did love together was football. He loved the Cowboys and Tom Landry, and I guess tolerated my love of the Dolphins. Often on Friday nights, we'd look over the local betting lines in the Daily News, not to bet but just to talk about the upcoming games that weekend. He may not have been the reason I became interested in football (that was my older brother's fault!), but he and I certainly enjoyed it together.

Lots know I lost my Dad in June. This wonderful place has helped a lot in the tough times since. I've made some serious friends on here and in addition to some great people in my life and an awesome family, I'm pushing through. My Dad got me into the Phins all the way back in the late 70s. But, I'm not alone. Many on here are into this great thing that is Phin fandom because of their Dad. For the first time in a long time it looks like we have a chance to be cheering on most Sundays. Let's kick this thing off with a big win for all of those Dads that brought us into this world and are up there watching at the big sports bar in the sky.

Share your Dad story here as we close in on Sunday and kickoff.

View attachment 85201

You are not without your Dad, he is truly there watching the game with you. It has been almost 30 years for me. And I truly miss him every day.

As has been stated many times in this thread....AWESOME stories. I have read each story and my heart is warmed by them. For those of you who did not have a relationship with your father, I am extremely sorry. I am glad to hear that you have persevered and become wonderful fathers yourself. Good job!!! This forum is the best!!

Lots know I lost my Dad in June. This wonderful place has helped a lot in the tough times since. I've made some serious friends on here and in addition to some great people in my life and an awesome family, I'm pushing through. My Dad got me into the Phins all the way back in the late 70s. But, I'm not alone. Many on here are into this great thing that is Phin fandom because of their Dad. For the first time in a long time it looks like we have a chance to be cheering on most Sundays. Let's kick this thing off with a big win for all of those Dads that brought us into this world and are up there watching at the big sports bar in the sky.

View attachment 85201
Didn’t know this Loco.
Prayers to you and hang in there.

However, now I’m POSITIVE we’re gonna win today with your dad up there pulling for us.

Stopped posting for awhile when life went sideways. Of course it’s a Loco thread that gets me.

inspirational thread and posts from all. Lots to learn from everyone’s unique relationships with their Dad.

I grew up in Scotland. First football game l watched after returning to the States was Fins vs. Cardinals. Dad was from Missouri and was a huge Cardinals fan. Since I couldn’t agree with him on anything, I became a Forever Fin Fan.

We lost him on the Thursday after Father’s Day 20 years ago. He spent his last Father’s Day which happened to be my first with my newborn son.

I spent the first 25 years of my life trying to be anything but like him. Spent the next 25 trying to be at least half the man he was. It’s going to take the next 25 to get even close.

Miss you Dad.

Go Fins (and Cardinals)

View attachment 85201

I just wanted to chime in and let you to know that you are not alone. A lot of members will recall the thread I posted about my father in the coma for 4 months when I reached out to this board. Unfortunately, he never pulled through. This community was certainly #1 among online communities in support, got so many DMs, replies, prayers, and just offers of whatever they could do for us. So we all extend the same for you.

Our Dads are still enjoying this, that I promise you. I just wish both of us could high-five them after the TDs. I am sure you have been through similar pain, not being able to hype up the Dolphins game with your dad takes a lottt of the fun out of it. We used to shoot the ****, every week, all week, over the upcoming game. I know my father in particular would be sooo psyched over this new, excited team we got. And i'm sure the same for you.

Best of luck to you & keep your chin up, my DMs are open in case you want someone to talk to.

Hope you still found some joy in this crucial W. Take care & Fins Up.

I just wanted to chime in and let you to know that you are not alone. A lot of members will recall the thread I posted about my father in the coma for 4 months when I reached out to this board. Unfortunately, he never pulled through. This community was certainly #1 among online communities in support, got so many DMs, replies, prayers, and just offers of whatever they could do for us. So we all extend the same for you.

Our Dads are still enjoying this, that I promise you. I just wish both of us could high-five them after the TDs. I am sure you have been through similar pain, not being able to hype up the Dolphins game with your dad takes a lottt of the fun out of it. We used to shoot the ****, every week, all week, over the upcoming game. I know my father in particular would be sooo psyched over this new, excited team we got. And i'm sure the same for you.

Best of luck to you & keep your chin up, my DMs are open in case you want someone to talk to.

Hope you still found some joy in this crucial W. Take care & Fins Up.
Thanks Rob. Yea he was sick for a while beforehand. Looked like something out of the Exorcist with him tied to the bed shouting and screaming for weeks. The people on here were wonderful. Sorry to hear about your Dad and so many others.

Back
Top Bottom