First Half Thoughts | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Half Thoughts

Really like the way Albert Wilson looked in his stem. That cat can eat up a cushion.

I thought dvp looked fine he just wasn’t in the progression. Good in the stem which is key for him.

Albert Wilson’s first catch that route is top shelf. Turned that db all kinds of around. That looked like legit threat in the stem stuff.

Mike Matthews is a long long way off. We need brendel back ASAP.

Liked Jakeem Grant also.

Robert Quinn still has that top shelf get off. He looks the part. That flatten and redirect is there.

Kenyan drake looked the part too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of positives as stated above. But really did not like what I saw from Anthony and love Phillips and Taylor interior DL play.

Wouldn’t surprise me if caroo didn’t get any first half run in this next game.

Spence was invisible in that game and Phillips missed practice today I believe

The crew was truly awful. Dick Stockton is a Hall Of Fame announcer but he's was past his prime. He never seems to tell you who's running the ball or who made the tackle, minor stuff. Nat Moore was a great Dolphin player but I think he took a lot of shots to the head in his playing days and it has to affect you. It seemed liked whenever he was trying to think of something it never did come. That's a shame but maybe broadcasting isn't what he should be doing anymore. He seems SO uncomfortable. Then there's Dolphin legend, Super Bowl Champion and Hall Of Famer, Bob Griese. One of my favorite Dolphins of all time. He, when paired with Keith Jackson, formed a college announcing team that was legendary. But, 5 years ago he should have hung up the microphone. He's not into it, his voice is different in not a good way and his role in the booth is co-color with Moore. When Griese makes points about the QBs, a lot of it is still excellent. I have great respect for all 3 guys and their past accomplishments, but today, they stink. Maybe they don't have anyone better, they could put in Jimmy Cefalo, the worst play by play guy in the history of play by play guys!

Eric Smith is a warhorse. He looks better than James at RT.

Smith is having his second outstanding preseason in a row. This guy never misses a block and never draws a penalty. He was getting some incredible blocks on those big runs by Perry. And he was burying some poor Tampa defender on the fumble by Buddy Howell.

He's understanding how to gain angles now. Only saw him fail to execute on one pass block tonight.

I wouldn't go trading Juwan James just yet

Why are some talking about our run defense when we ran for 5.3 yards per carry but they ran for 2.6?
Because ALOT of people on here over react and are happiest when their bitching and moaning. You know who you are.

I wouldn't go trading Juwan James just yet

Miami's a 6-8 win team with or without James. It wouldn't matter either way.

Although this was the one in pass protection that I remembered him not executing. The DE ducks his head right as Smith goes to shoot his hand and misses. It's poor technique and hand placement all the way around. He didn't keep his elbows in tight and only shot one hand....DE dropped his upper body and caused Smith to miss his chest completely. Hand placement was the main thing I said he needed to improve on last year. Furthermore, his base got narrow right on contact. It was over right there.

Looks like a nice pickup for a UDFA - if he can develop into a starter for Miami, and it looks like your saying he can, I for one would be pleased.

6 or 8 doesn't sound all that promising, Gase 3rd year, not sure how many more he gets. I thought they were drafting better the last 3 years and hoped he could turn it around, he may just run out of time or may just not be that good? Should have picked a more experienced defensive coordinator from the start and had a deal in place that he wouldn't have gone anywhere until they established a winning record for Miami.

I think the dolphin tv announcers are the worst crew I have ever heard...almost makes it unbearable to listen. Time for a few folks to hang it up...
These two would like to have a word with you...
bethrex.jpg

Eric Smith had 1-2 really bad pass protection reps. IIRC one of them was against Gerald McCoy. So yeah, that was not great. But overall he looked good, particularly on run plays.

I advocate re-signing James long-term, but I think Smith is absolutely a guy that is worth developing.

Back
Top Bottom