First Mock 2021 Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Mock 2021 Draft

MiamiDolfan85

DA M.I.A IS WHERE I STAY
Reaction score
1.)Carlos Bashum Jr., DE/DT Wake Forest(6'5",285)
[the power he brings in the run game & the pass is reminiscent of Khalil Mack. Doesn't get pushed back. Looks versatile to be effective in any scheme. If he can run under 4.78, he'll likely be a top 10 pick.]

1b.)Jevon Holland, S Oregon(6'1",200)
[Highly athletic, long defender who plays fast in coverage. Closes gaps extremely well. Can play on the line at slot as well.]

2.)Kevin Gainwell, RB Memphis(5'11",194)
[Exciting running back, who's great at catch the ball & YAC. If Etienne is not available, I gotta assume Gainwell would be.]

2b.)Tyler Linderbaum, C Iowa(6'3",289)
[I guess he was a DE, but they moved him to center and he's killing it. Iowa produces great linemen. We'll see how he shakes out the rest of the way.]

3.)A'Sante Samuel II, CB FSU(5'11",204)
[This draft wouldn't be complete without a son of a former player. Samuel is a guy who's instincts keep him even with his peers, much like his father.]

4.)Marquez Stevenson, WR Houston(6'0",190)
[Another guy who can stretch this offense out is needed. Stevenson can provide that. We don't have a great no. 3 WR.]

5.)Elerson Smith, DE/OLB Northwestern(6'7",245)
[Don't know too much about him, but I have read that he's a sound tackler. I think that's much needed.-]

6.)Amen Ogbongbemiga, OLB/ILB Oregon St.(6'1",231)
[A player who can play outside, inside. Also offers versatility in both rushing & coverage.]

6b.)Mike Strachan, WR Charleston(6'5",225)
[Moves really well for a 6'4"+ guy. Wouldn't be surprised if he ran a healthy 4.4 at his pro day.]

7.)Zach Wilson, QB Kent State(6'3",203)
[Gonna dip into the well. Wilson is a bit of a gun singer, but Id like to think he'd be a decent project in the 7th.]

Basham would be a great fit. I also think Patrick Jones, from Pitt, Aidan Hutchinson and Kwity Paye from Michigan are in the mold that Flores could like.

Miami badly needs a good linebacker or two. I don't know enough about the ones you've projected. Jevon Holland is excellent at safety (I like Washington from TSU a lot) and that's a need, but I might go Michah Parsons, Nick Bolton or Dylan Moses with one of those first rounders.

Judging from the first three games, the Dolphins need to concentrate on the front 7 on defense. I really want a top receiver as well.

There are mixed reviews on Basham, but if your looking for a fit in Miami, you're going to need a heavy handed DE or DT/NT. That'll be what Flores and Grier will want as one of the traits.

I've seen Kwity Paye from Michigan talked about as a fit; because of his excellent hand usage.

As talented as Basham is, not sure he's what the F/O would consider.

There are mixed reviews on Basham, but if your looking for a fit in Miami, you're going to need a heavy handed DE or DT/NT. That'll be what Flores and Grier will want as one of the traits.

I've seen Kwity Paye from Michigan talked about as a fit; because of his excellent hand usage.

As talented as Basham is, not sure he's what the F/O would consider.
Would also love a Tim Bowens type. Someone that needs to be doubled in the middle to open it up for other players. Miami's run defense has really struggled, which has impacted the pass rush as well.

Would also love a Tim Bowens type. Someone that needs to be doubled in the middle to open it up for other players. Miami's run defense has really struggled, which has impacted the pass rush as well.
LSU NT Tyler Shelvin would make sense for Miami. Question is where in the draft?

Basham isn’t twitchy enough and lacks the burst a top 20 pick should possess. I’m gonna pass.

No RB in the 2nd round surely?? Maybe a WR but otherwise keep building the trenches.

If we wait till the 4th round to draft a WR then grier and flores should be fired on the spot. We already passed on drafting any play makers to help Tua out in this past draft. Waiting till the 4th round to do in 2021 would be the final straw.

How does everyone feel about DT Marvin Wilson from FSU?

He seems like a run stuffer who has some pass rush ability too.

This team really needs a pass rusher, but i don't think anyone besides Rosseau warrants a pick that high (assuming 1a is in the top 12). I want Parsons, Moses, Chase or Waddle.

Would rather have Surtain Jr. Than any of the above...please God make it so.
We have seen that Flores loves corners so I wouldn't discount that. Honestly, I think it depends on X. Howard and whether or not he can stay healthy.

I could also see Surtain Jr. at safety. I think he could be awesome there.

Back
Top Bottom