First Mock 2021 Draft | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Mock 2021 Draft

The team still has enough needs that they should be able to go BPA and still address need.

They still could use another OT, WR and RB on offense and the defense could use and edge rusher, LB and a safety.

You should be able to make use of 4 picks in the first two rounds without reaching for someone.

The team still has enough needs that they should be able to go BPA and still address need.

They still could use another OT, WR and RB on offense and the defense could use and edge rusher, LB and a safety.

You should be able to make use of 4 picks in the first two rounds without reaching for someone.
That's true. Miami could also prioritize corner as a big need if X. Howard continues to have injury concerns.

That's true. Miami could also prioritize corner as a big need if X. Howard continues to have injury concerns.

The way it's looking is the BPA has a good chance of being a corner - one of Surtain, Wade or Farley. I'm not seeing us getting one of the top 6 picks unfortunately. It definitely won't excite the fans but Flores loves his corners so I wouldn't bet against it.

They will have more than enough ammo to trade up if there is a guy they have to have, like Parson or maybe Sewell.

I don't think we will be in "Sewell" territory next April but who knows, I'd certainly take him above all other players. Too much of an impact on the entire offense to pass. That said, not wasting too much time dreaming about that scenario, it appears we are likely going to sweep the Jets this year.

I expect there is going to be a lot of maneuvering around in this draft. It will be interesting to see if the Jets/Giants give up on Darnold/Jones, with bothing having taken LT's this year (and regretting it) who knows what will be in play at the top of the draft.

I don't think we will be in "Sewell" territory next April but who knows, I'd certainly take him above all other players. Too much of an impact on the entire offense to pass. That said, not wasting too much time dreaming about that scenario, it appears we are likely going to sweep the Jets this year.

I expect there is going to be a lot of maneuvering around in this draft. It will be interesting to see if the Jets/Giants give up on Darnold/Jones, with bothing having taken LT's this year (and regretting it) who knows what will be in play at the top of the draft.
Jets are trending toward that #1 pick. Likely with a new coach and a new direction. Could take a qb.

Last edited:
I figure the Fins picks will land in the 10-15 area and the 15-20 area.

Hopefully Houston continues to slide but their schedule gets much easier and I could see them ending up at 9-7.

Let's say they have #9 and #17, they should be able to move into the Top 5 if they want to.

Not to mention having two high 2nd rounders as well.

You have to find a trading partner but I could see them moving up close to the top if they want to.

Personally I would trade both 1's for Sewell.

Hopefully Houston continues to slide but their schedule gets much easier and I could see them ending up at 9-7.

Let's say they have #9 and #17, they should be able to move into the Top 5 if they want to.

You have to find a trading partner but I could see them moving up close to the top if they want to.

I'd be ok with giving up Houston's 1st and 2nd to get Sewell. Both firsts is kind of brutal if the need is massive, which it doesn't appear it is.

It's certainly interesting that the Jets and Giants both appear to be heading towards those top picks and both just drafted QB's and LT's in the top 6 and top 12 for each position. Both those franchises have major decisions to make at seasons end.

I suspect both will be in a trade down mode if they decide to hang onto Darnold/Jones, respectively.

Certainly will be interesting. With our need at Center I'd rather keep the picks and try and land Creed Humphrey, so we can land a few defensive prospects.

Don't get me wrong though, if we get Sewell I will be stoked. There is nothing like dominating a team at LOS and for them to be helpless.

I'm certainly interested in this Northwestern kid, Rashawn Slater.

I could see that. I guess it depends on how steep they perceive the drop to be from Sewell to maybe Leatherwood.

I'd be ok with giving up Houston's 1st and 2nd to get Sewell. Both firsts is kind of brutal if the need is massive, which it doesn't appear it is.

It's certainly interesting that the Jets and Giants both appear to be heading towards those top picks and both just drafted QB's and LT's in the top 6 and top 12 for each position. Both those franchises have major decisions to make at seasons end.

I suspect both will be in a trade down mode if they decide to hang onto Darnold/Jones, respectively.

Certainly will be interesting. With our need at Center I'd rather keep the picks and try and land Creed Humphrey, so we can land a few defensive prospects.

Don't get me wrong though, if we get Sewell I will be stoked. There is nothing like dominating a team at LOS and for them to be helpless.

I'm certainly interested in this Northwestern kid, Rashawn Slater.
As much as I love Sewell, a better option might be Humphrey and the linebacker Bolton with those two first round picks.

As much as I love Sewell, a better option might be Humphrey and the linebacker Bolton with those two first round picks.

Ya. Bolton is a missle. I think Tennessee is rolling them today so I’m curious he’s playing.

I’m watching the Texas-TCU game. There are a 3 big time safety prospects I’m this game but there hasn’t been defense overall so hard to judge them. I like UT RB Keontay Ingram.

UF tight end Kyle Pitts looking like a sure fire 1st round pick.

Waiting for this Bama-A&M game.

Oklahoma State is about KO against Kansas(meh).

Tylan Wallace and Chuba Hubbard interest me. Pookah Williams intrigues too.

Both could be on Miami’s radar in 2nd/3rd territory.

I really like the Stevenson pick, but I'm not sure he'll be available in the 4th round. I like Roberson from SMU too, but he went down with a knee injury today.

Ya. Bolton is a missle. I think Tennessee is rolling them today so I’m curious he’s playing.

I’m watching the Texas-TCU game. There are a 3 big time safety prospects I’m this game but there hasn’t been defense overall so hard to judge them. I like UT RB Keontay Ingram.

UF tight end Kyle Pitts looking like a sure fire 1st round pick.

Waiting for this Bama-A&M game.
What school does Bolton go to?

Back
Top Bottom