First Round Combo | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Round Combo

Rather than specific names, my only goal with Round 1 is to ensure ONE WR is selected. If they end up with Sewell/Parsons and LB/OT I'll be pissed.
What if they picked Sewell and Zavon Collins at 18 but then picked a WR at 2A along with signing a top FA (Robinson, Godwin, Schuster)?

So you're benching your $11mm a year guard??
You mean will FLO bench him.

I have nothing to do with it. But one thing i know about flo, he will play the guy who plays the best. Kindley best position is lg where he played in college and he looked better there after the switch and that left side with he and jackson made that side's run game blossom where it was pedestrian (ask ahmad who he would choose). The 11 mil guy is worth 4 mil a year. It was a desperate grier move seeing how our line was were gutter bums. He is better than who he replaced at that position but the bar was set in inches, not feet. Flowers has moments but is jag.

But again, i defer to flo. You should to!!

Last edited:
Sewell or parsons at #3. If you can’t trade back. If you can trade back you trade to someone still in the top 10 and you hope for Smith or Chase to make it to you.

#18 pick you draft Pitts for sure if he’s there which I don’t see happening or Waddle if he drops.

You mean will FLO bench him.

I have nothing to do with it. But one thing i know about flo, he will play the guy who plays the best. Kindley best position is lg where he played in college and he looked better there after the switch and that left side with he and jackson made that side's run game blossom where it was pedestrian (ask ahmad who he would choose). The 11 mil guy is worth 4 mil a year. It was a desperate grier move seeing how our line was were gutter bums. He is better than who he replaced at that position but the bar was set in inches, not feet. Flowers has moments but is jag.

But again, i defer to flo. You should to!!

Uh... buddy, you gave your opinion with your suggestion. I was pointing out that in your opinion, they should be benching Flowers. The entire post I quoted was a hypothetical scenario you created. So yes, in this situation, you are that person. So, you can't defer to Flo.

So I ask you again - your plan is to.. bench the guy we signed for 11mm? We can't cut him. He has guaranteed money in 2021. He likely doesnt get benched in favor of Kindley - Flower was ahead of Kindley in every depth chart this season when healthy.

And I assume you meant Austin Jackson stays at LT, not RT.

(Side note - Flores has said over and over that he worked closely with Grier for each FA.)

I know it could be smoke but more and more mocks or showing the Jets taking Sewell. If that happens we should trade down to 8 or 9 if possible but we must come away with Smith or Chase. If nobody wants to trade for #3 I'd pick Heisman Trophy winner Davonta Smith who is a Jerry Rice type player waiting to happen. We need Smith imo. to kick start the offense, then get Najee Harris to force teams to respect our ability to run the ball. #3 isn't too high for this Smith and 18 is perfect for Harris imo.

If you are able to trade down:
Smith or Chase, then take either another receiving weapon, a top defensive weapon (LB, Pass-Rusher, Safety), or a RB.

If you can't trade down:
Parsons, then take the best receiver remaining at 18.

What if they picked Sewell and Zavon Collins at 18 but then picked a WR at 2A along with signing a top FA (Robinson, Godwin, Schuster)?

Theoretically "fine", but I doubt you're gonna see one of the top 3 WR's drop to round 2 right? Not that they don't need ANY NFL quality WR's, I would think the goal is to draft a true stud (based on scouting of course). It sounds like that limits the field to guys who are almost certain to be gone by round 2.

If you are able to trade down:
Smith or Chase, then take either another receiving weapon, a top defensive weapon (LB, Pass-Rusher, Safety), or a RB.

If you can't trade down:
Parsons, then take the best receiver remaining at 18.

The idea of teams trying to bargain for that number 3 pick if Sewell is gone kind of pi$$es me off. It makes me want to call their bluff. Go ahead and draft Fields. Force another team to deal with us in good faith and bend someone over a barrel. As they say. Especially if Fields plays lights out Monday night. It might mean missing out on 2 first round picks this year. But that strategy could turn into 3 firsts and a second or 2 first round picks and 2 twos and something else. It’s a gamble. But the rewards could be great.

Dolphins don’t overthink this. Grab smith and then Harris

Sewell sounds nice but I want an IMPACT player and another high OL man isn't that.

If Micah Parsons is the next big Ray Lewis type MIKE and we miss out because we drafted ANOTHER Oline guy.....:DWN:

I see how good Sewell is as an OLineman but :nah:

Smith and Waddle, no I am not a Bama fan.

Back
Top Bottom