First Round: DB or WR | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Round: DB or WR

Vertical Limit

Active Roster
Reaction score
More than likely, we will sign Tom Ashworth and Kevin Mawae to be alongside with LJ Shelton. So really, we fixed our offensive line problems through free agency.

The signing of LB Sedrick Hodge and CB Goodman were both good pickups as well. Those two have put up solid numbers and have shown solid performance under bad coaching coming from horrible teams. With Nick and Dom Capers, those two will have a career high in Miami.

Besides grabbing Drew Brees, I think that's as far as we will get through free agency.

We will still need a Safety, but we have also shown interest this off season to two great WR's like David Givens and Terrell Owens. Unfortunately, I think with the possible additions of Drew Brees, Tom Ashworth, and Kevin Mawae, the salary cap won't let us sign a WR like Terrell or David. Of course, Nick is likely to do some contract restructuring (Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, and Kevin Carter) and possibly cut Gus, but I don't think he wants to get WAY over the cap.

I can see us drafting a wide receiver like Chad Jackson, or a safety like Donte Whitner in number 16. What are your thoughts?

I think Ko Simpson would be more likely than Whitner. I'd be happy with either one or Chad Jackson. Everyone has been saying WR is not a need, it may not be the biggest need but it is a need.

where do you come up with us getting Ashworth and Mawae, not saying that would be nice but to me that is just speculation.

no WR on day one. We need secondary picks, and maybe another LB. Hodge and Goodman arnt the best of guys, but we are still going to need guys who will be impact players

I know Saban has talked about the WR position before and he wants to upgrade it. We need a young WR prospect to be an impact player in 2007. Very few WR can come in and start their first year. I am a big fan of drafting "skill" position players in the first. If Chad Jackson is there at #16 it would not surprise me to see us pick him.

We still need to get younger in our front 7 on D. We need a true NT, and OLB. I would also like to see us draft a S. That leaves 1 pick left for the offense. I feel if we do get a WR in the first then we will not see a QB drafted. That isn't a bad option if we get Brees. We would have a few years hopefully to test out young QBs to replace brees in the future.

It really depends on who is there, but I do like Jackson. I would pass on Holmes, and Moss is a reach at 16. I think we pick 1 player on O this year(rds 1-4). We just have to many needs on D and 3 of 4 picks should be used to fill those needs.

Another note, DB and LB are very deep this year. WR is not. If ya want a good WR, you will have to pick him early.

How about we just get Ed Hinkel if he lands in the 7th and make ME happy :wink::D

He's a really good receiver with a lot of heart though.I went to the Minnesota game when he scored 4 TDs. I'll never forget one of them. He cought the ball around 7-10 yards away from the end zone, he continued to drag a defender, dive, and stetch for the TD. Not to mention his AWESOME diving catches against Iowa State and Michigan last year.

SpeedRush99 said:
I think Ko Simpson would be more likely than Whitner. I'd be happy with either one or Chad Jackson. Everyone has been saying WR is not a need, it may not be the biggest need but it is a need.
This kid is going to be great. Very raw, athletic, and young. I've seen alot of him here in SC. He impressed me more than Huff. Although, I didn't see Huff play nearly as much.

DB in the 1st round

I think the Dolphins will go after a db in round 1. What use to be our strongest part of the team has really turned into our weakest link. We need to draft a strong cover corner because there is no guarantee that Poole will come back 100% from his injury. We can draft a decent wr in the later rounds.:dolphins: aveeb

the phins will probably get a db in the 1st round to replace sam madison. Travis Daniels was good last year but we someone on the side. We dont know if Poole is going to be alright. so this is the phins biggest need.

tye hill of clemson was the best CB at the combine, hes undersized but hes very fast. either way miami will draft a db bak in the 1st rd

Interesting take on our WR status from FOX Sports:
Wide receiver is an interesting possibility, as the Dolphins have limited depth behind starters Chris Chambers and Marty Booker. Selecting a player like Ohio State's Santonio Holmes or Florida's Chad Jackson could pave the way for the ultimate release of Booker, who will be 31 entering the 2007 season with a projected salary of $3.7 million.

im almost sure Kevin is a titan so we may need a center i like booker at WR but we need some more Youth

Back
Top Bottom