first round pick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

first round pick

dolfancoolio

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
so what will it be? i can see us taking a qb in the first round next draft day. but then again we gave up too much for feeley not to settle for him and fiedler. our defensive tackles are getting older, specifically tim bowens, so a defensive tackle might be a good selection also. as much as everyone keeps goin on about how we need depth at linebacker, i think we adressed it in recent drafts. we have eddie moore to take seau's spot when he calls it quits, i don't know about bua's size but he is very agressive and a hard hitter meaning he may be able to play middle linebacker in 3 years or so when zach thomas is gone, and we also have derrick pope or watever his name is who adds depth as a backup and may even take greenwoods spot if we don't re-sign him at the end of the coming season. another offensive lineman is a possibility but i think we should adress that with a third or fourth round pick rather than a first only if we need serious support on the o-line as it seems right now. BTW ogunleye, while he seems like a nice guy he is gonna just suck up all our remaining cap space if we re-sign him to the type of highly paid contract he's looking for right now. we should trade him. we still have JT on the other side who could be said to be the reason for the o-guns success. i wouldn't mind taking someone like larry allen (maybe a bit younger than allen) who can fill the void at right guard for us as well as a 2nd or 3rd round pick for the o-gun. do any of you know when mcmike and chambers contracts expire? i've heard at the end of the coming season but im still unsure. if we re-sign the o-gun these guys will likely be signed away in the free agency and if they aren't (because they will be restricted) we will experience what we are experiencing with the o-gun right now times 2. We need to get rid of the o-gun and his expensiveness!!!! anywayz sorry to write so much, back to the point, what position player do u guys see us taking first round next draft and why?

Maybe we should talk about this in 8 or 9 months time.

i agree. we have not even seen what our f/a pickups or draft picks can do yet so talking draft is premature

Way to early to start talking about next years draft. Let's focus our attention onto this glorious season for the best damn sports team ever. :woot:

Just as its too early to start thinking about the 2005 draft its also a bit early to be calling this season "glorious". If and when we win a playoff game then maybe, but right now we stand just as great a chance of having a "dreadful" season as we do a "glorious" one.

Ah... what the hell, it's Friday...

I see us picking a DT or, possibly, a LB. This is assuming O-gun, Chambers, McMike, Ricky and Pat are signed/reestructured...

If something of the above goes awry, I'd think the Phins would go with WR in the first, maybe even work out a trade...

Of course, we'll be picking in the 32nd spot... :D :cool:

I'm gonna wait and see how our season goes first. I envision us taking a SS in the draft at some point, since that is our second thinnest position(next to MLB)

dolfancoolio said:
mcmike and chambers contracts expire? i've heard at the end of the coming season but im still unsure. if we re-sign the o-gun these guys will likely be signed away in the free agency and if they aren't (because they will be restricted)
A player is restricted after 3 years. After that then they are UFA. So, Chambers signed a 4 year deal as a rookie, so therefor this year he will not be RFA, but a UFA. McMichael signed a 4 year deal also, so neither will be RFA.

Wait, I thought it was 4 years, which was why there are a lot of 5 year contracts for rookies.

Back
Top Bottom