First round picks. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First round picks.

Also, Wr Is out only position we don’t need. Why would we draft someone top 5 at a semi settled position with 5 holes on the line and no viable quarterback on the roster?

Trade two picks next year and the back half this year for number 1, draft burrow and best linemen with 5.

Good thing we won those bogus games against the eagles redskins and jets right?
What part of this don't you get? Bengals owner and GM, Mike Brown doesn't trade high Draft picks. (As in never trades high Draft picks). He doesn't trade up and he doesn't trade down - he simply doesn't trade. 31 other GMs trade Draft picks but Mike Brown doesn't. He's an 84 year old billionaire owner who graduated with a Harvard law degree who thinks he is smarter than everyone (and he runs the team like a ma and pa family business). Much to the chagrin of Bengals fans, he does whatever he wants, because he can. The only way another team gets to draft Burrow is if Mike Brown doesn't want him.

Last edited:
Your bogus stat has more to do with the organization than the player. Josh Rosen is garbage. He was garbage in college too. He’s got 2 years of being garbage in the NFL. He’s weak armed and can’t process the game fast enough in two years...what’s the point of highlighting how much younger he is if he’s trash?

Joe Burrow played top competition and made NFL level reads and throws all year. Did you miss the game last night? Burrow is by far a better prospect than Eli coming out, same for rivers. I’d also say the same thing about pre wheel chair Tua.

I like Joe Burrow. He played excellent this year. He impressed me in all of the LSU games I watched. There is no doubt he deserves to go #1 overall.

That being said, he will turn 24 during the season next year. As a (RS) Senior he only had one (extremely) successful season in college. He went from not even being drafted to the first overall pick in one season. Guys like him are the exact reason the 1st QB taken in the draft each year is usually not the most successful in his draft. He is the hype train pick. A single statistical anomaly of a year doesn’t guarantee years of NFL success.

The way I see it we can be upset over something that already happened or be excited for the unknown this offseason. The only promise I can make is that nothing we do is going to change what already happened either ways.

I like Joe Burrow. He played excellent this year. He impressed me in all of the LSU games I watched. There is no doubt he deserves to go #1 overall.

That being said, he will turn 24 during the season next year. As a (RS) Senior he only had one (extremely) successful season in college. He went from not even being drafted to the first overall pick in one season. Guys like him are the exact reason the 1st QB taken in the draft each year is usually not the most successful in his draft. He is the hype train pick. A single statistical anomaly of a year doesn’t guarantee years of NFL success.

The way I see it we can be upset over something that already happened or be excited for the unknown this offseason. The only promise I can make is that nothing we do is going to change what already happened either ways.

Again, the success of a quarterback is dependent on the team. A team making the number one pick is garbage.

burrow has shown marked improvement and an actual ability to comprehend an NFL system. I’d rather have him than a couple of bullshit wins this past season that lead to nothing.

What part of this don't you get? Bengals owner and GM, Mike Brown doesn't trade high Draft picks. (As in never trades high Draft picks). He doesn't trade up and he doesn't trade down - he simply doesn't trade. 31 other GMs trade Draft picks but Mike Brown doesn't. He's an 84 year old billionaire owner who graduated with a Harvard law degree who thinks he is smarter than everyone (and he runs the team like a ma and pa family business). Much to the chagrin of Bengals fans, he does whatever he wants, because he can. The only way another team gets to draft Burrow is if Mike Brown doesn't want him.

thanks for the status update. I know this. The point was we missed out on the pick for draft capital, capital that is garbage at this point compared to what we gave up.

People!!! Make a list of the top 10 QBs in the NFL. Now pick which ones were top 5 picks.......

Best to do your research on all QBs in the draft. Being a top 5 QB in the draft hasn't meant a damn thing lately. Brady, Brees, Rothlisberger, Rodgers, Mahomes, Watson, Wilson, Jackson, Prescott, Tannehill, Garopollo, etc... are not top 5 picks. Most of the top 5 picks are average QBs who are struggling.

At least Burrow will actually be able to PLAY some next season. He will not be a "futures" pick like so many want to do. Give me, at #5, an immediate plug-and-play UPGRADE to the talent on our roster across the board. I usually want skill positions early but 2 or 3 interior players are needed like NOW.

This roster is in shambles and needs building. Cornfed early, cornfed late. Add a early-round RB. WR is not as big a need as usual.

We’re trading up to #3 and taking tua. That was the whole purpose of accumulating these draft picks

Or maybe if they knew how to tank right they wouldn't have to trade up for anybody. They could have drafted Tua or Burrow and kept all their other picks. Those meaningless wins mean jack **** now!

Trade two picks next year and the back half this year for number 1, draft burrow and best linemen with 5.

Good thing we won those bogus games against the eagles redskins and jets right?
Good Lord nobody likes a crybaby. What's done is done can we move on on your latter comment. Please

Or maybe if they knew how to tank right they wouldn't have to trade up for anybody. They could have drafted Tua or Burrow and kept all their other picks. Those meaningless wins mean jack **** now!
Agreed. Our coach is just too good. Miracle we won more than a game with that roster

I’d rather keep my picks and pick at 5 Take a chance on Tua or trade the pick for monster capital in the next draft while picking up a couple of good O linemen along the way.

I’d rather keep my picks and pick at 5 Take a chance on Tua or trade the pick for monster capital in the next draft while picking up a couple of good O linemen along the way.
If Miami takes Tagaveyelowa at 5, the bearded Dolfan you see on your TV, shaking his head in disappointment, either in his Marino jersey or Cream Dolphins shirt, depending on the temperature, will be me.

Back
Top Bottom