First Round Qb's | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Round Qb's

I think the Jets draft a QB. They don't have much choice.

Petty stinks and Hack is Hack.

Jets are gonna be real bad next year and will have a legit shot at the number one pick. Imagine this scenario.....they take Watson at 6, finish with 2 wins and are sitting on the number one pick. Lets say Darnold looks like the real deal.....what do the jets do than?

I could see the browns taking a qb with their second first round pick, or even trading back up into the round.

I just hope none of these teams offer a ransom for garopollo and then the pats will load up on picks

Jets are gonna be real bad next year and will have a legit shot at the number one pick. Imagine this scenario.....they take Watson at 6, finish with 2 wins and are sitting on the number one pick. Lets say Darnold looks like the real deal.....what do the jets do than?

Deshaun Watson seems like a phenomenal young man and I sincerely hope for his sake that he doesn't get sent to the Jets.

Did you guys see Bowles' comments at the owners meeting? Said that it's not big deal if players are late for meetings. "Sometimes alarm clocks don't go off."

Bruh. Bruh. BRUH.

Deshaun Watson seems like a phenomenal young man and I sincerely hope for his sake that he doesn't get sent to the Jets.

Did you guys see Bowles' comments at the owners meeting? Said that it's not big deal if players are late for meetings. "Sometimes alarm clocks don't go off."

Bruh. Bruh. BRUH.

From that Philbin school.....

Our coach doesn't worry about the issue where a player gets a penalty for playing with emotion and passion, yet makes sure his players act like pros...come to work on time, high effort at work...focus on details.

Man, some really wanted Bowles to be the head coach here....

Bruh. Bruh. BRUH.

Felt we screwed Todd over back then, but in retrospect, there's very little anecdotal evidence to think that he's gonna be a good HC. We're very fortunate to have ended up with Gase.

probably pushes up gareon conley...don't know what his tape looks like but I know one thing lattimore ran the most effortless 4.35 at the combine I've ever seen...that was a walk in the park for that kid...long long gone

I'm sensing some Colorado corner awuzie or whatever his name is as a late round 1...and kevin king seems to be getting buzz there too

signs still point to me de is the way to go for Miami but gonna need to jump Detroit to keep em from taking our cookies one spot ahead of us...i would be planting a seed with Denver right now about swapping picks

Depending on the price and who's likely to be there, I don't see any DE's that I would trade up for considering it would cost us two, 5th round picks to move two spots. Also, Detroit has needs across the board and could be taking any number of positions. DE, TE, WR, RB, LB, S, CB

They did sign a FA to play SDE and are paying him 2.5M this year (3M avg). It's doesn't prohibit them from taking a DE but it gives them more options, although he is not a tier 1 starter by any means.

Still looks to still be a decent year to grab a 2nd or 3rd round CB.

Depending on the price and who's likely to be there, I don't see any DE's that I would trade up for considering it would cost us two, 5th round picks to move two spots. Also, Detroit has needs across the board and could be taking any number of positions. DE, TE, WR, RB, LB, S, CB

They did sign a FA to play SDE and are paying him 2.5M this year (3M avg). It's doesn't prohibit them from taking a DE but it gives them more options, although he is not a tier 1 starter by any means.

Still looks to still be a decent year to grab a 2nd or 3rd round CB.

I think Denver would take one 5th to move down 2 slots given they aren't in the edge rusher market...and Detroit filled it's o line needs in free agency tackle wise...

serious question though...im smelling reuben foster as the draft day slide guy possibly even to 22 he gets there you taking him?

If Reuben Foster falls in our lap we have to take him. More likely, he will be gone and when we get to #22 Njoyu, Reddick and Lamp are there, then what do you do? A potentially dynamic Tight End that will be an athletic match up nightmare and a safety blanket for Tannehill, the best o-lineman in the draft in a spot where we badly need an upgrade or a LBer with great instincts and speed at a position where we must get help. We NEED all 3 but how do you choose who to pick?

I think Denver would take one 5th to move down 2 slots given they aren't in the edge rusher market...and Detroit filled it's o line needs in free agency tackle wise...

serious question though...im smelling reuben foster as the draft day slide guy possibly even to 22 he gets there you taking him?

Foster's size is a concern, but the guy is a stud, was all over the place and perhaps the best player in the national title game. Would like to see him had 5 or so pounds...

Next years crop of QBs is going to be better if Josh Allen and Jake Browning declare for the draft. Teams would be better holding off until next year.

Foster's size is a concern, but the guy is a stud, was all over the place and perhaps the best player in the national title game. Would like to see him had 5 or so pounds...

5 pounds to 234 from 229? And put him where? At will? He's not playing at Mike with that size, not for a full season. How many linebackers have looked great for Nick Saban at Alabama and then they get to the league and their heads are swimming because they have to cover the whole field and not just half in Alabama's 3-4? Not to mention this guy seems to be every bit the head case that Rolando McClain is.

For me, pass.

I think Kizer, Watson, and Trubisky will all go before we pick. The wild card is Mahomes. If all four QB's go before us that will be great news. Someone like Derek Barnett is gonna slide.... I have a feeling

. I've seen this said of so many QBs that played in that spread offense they run. Same thing that Mike Leach runs. None of them have panned out in the NFL.

Youre probably right. Mahomes apparently struggled some at combine. will be interesting to see. he had a golden arm in baseball and could probably make millions in mlb.:)

His size scares me and no timed 40's, 10 yard, ss, vert,etc. He is basically a SS or a hybrid WILB in a 3-4.

Back
Top Bottom