First Round Targets | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

First Round Targets

One thing is pretty clear. A great quarterback is the one position that can really move the needle for a franchise. Gase is 12-5 with Tannehill, but if he sticks with him the team needs to do what Indy did for Luck. Make the offensive line a priority and a huge strength. Tannehill's weakness is pocket presence so give him the horses up front to help negate that.

Choice #2....be bold. I think Kyler Murray has the type of talent that a defense can't defend against. Tannehill's weakness is kind of Murray's strength. He can buy time with the end result being receivers getting open or Murray making a big play with his legs. I don't know what the cost would be to move up. The Giants and Denver are other teams that desperately need a quarterback. If Arizona ends up with the top pick they already have a young quarterback and could be willing to deal.

I think the priority would be the same for both players with respect to the interior offensive line. When you look at how Kyler Murray plays in Oklahoma, he's unstoppable in part because of that big and nasty offensive line.

If you get Murray and invest in that OL then you can get away with fast but relatively underpaid talents at wide receiver, and under-paid talents at running back.

I think the priority would be the same for both players with respect to the interior offensive line. When you look at how Kyler Murray plays in Oklahoma, he's unstoppable in part because of that big and nasty offensive line.

If you get Murray and invest in that OL then you can get away with fast but relatively underpaid talents at wide receiver, and under-paid talents at running back.
So true. No matter what quarterback Miami has next year that line needs to be a priority. Luck's resurgence is tied, to a large extend, to the vast improved play of the Colts offensive line. Murray has a lot of time to throw at Oklahoma with receivers getting absolutely wide open on many plays.

In that sense, Miami really has never committed to Tannehill the way other franchises have to their quarterbacks. He's never really had a good offensive line.

So true. No matter what quarterback Miami has next year that line needs to be a priority. Luck's resurgence is tied, to a large extend, to the vast improved play of the Colts offensive line. Murray has a lot of time to throw at Oklahoma with receivers getting absolutely wide open on many plays.

In that sense, Miami really has never committed to Tannehill the way other franchises have to their quarterbacks. He's never really had a good offensive line.

Coached by the guy Miami had on as a consultant briefly in 2017 after they had to fire Chris Foerster, but who they let walk in favor of the relatively under-experienced "family" option, Jeremiah Washburn.

Back
Top Bottom