Fisher opinion from former player.......... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fisher opinion from former player..........

BIG_FISH_RI

BIG_FISH_RI
Reaction score
I know ,,,,,, ANOTHER POST ABOUT FISHER

So I finally had caught up to Derrick Mason who is a good friend of mine. I wanted to get his opinion on Fisher before just in case he elects to be the Dolphins head coach. I have posted several times that it was my opion that Fisher would be a good coach but at this time Fisher is not the right fit for the dolphins. After Speaking with Mason I have mixed feelings.

Right off the bat he says that the culture in Miami would change. he said that the Practices would be quick up tempo and physical. (Now I dont know how the new CBA rules would affect this because please remember D-Mase played for fisher years ago). He said that Fisher is high on making things simple and playing fast. Players will respect him. Not that he demands it he said he earns his players respect. best coach he has played for.

Now he is not confirming Fisher to Miami, He has not spoken to Fisher at all. This is just his opinion of the man.

he also added that Fisher brings the best out of all of his players and always finds a way to get people on the field. he said while Fisher likes to RUN the ball, he screams for big pass plays. He believes in going deep and testing defenses and will demand that of the OC.

Just figured I would pass this along.

With the new CBA rules there won't be near the "physical" practices as he once was able to run. May be up tempo but not the physical hitting stuff.

Interesting to hear a former player's opinion about him, thanks.

Wonder if it's going to take Fisher 7 games to figure out how to coach in this new CBA era like it took Sparano. Physical practices are a thing of the past.

Wonder if it's going to take Fisher 7 games to figure out how to coach in this new CBA era like it took Sparano. Physical practices are a thing of the past.

This scares me too. It is hard to be physical when you cant practice being physical.

A silver lining for the people that aren't a fan of "retreads"... Fisher was coaching during the free agency era--JJ wasn't and Saban was new to both free agency and the draft. I just hope he's open to installing an offensive that can keep up with the likes of the Saints & Patriots.

Exactly what I was wanting to hear...a WR opinion of Fisher, since he seems to be so run-oriented. Good to know he won't shy from a vertical game either. The biggest concern I have about Fisher is him coming here and making everything too vanilla. Maybe that won't be the case.
Oh, and I'm wondering if he will try to turn our 3-4 personel into a 4-3.

Does that include practicing in the bubble every time the temperature hits 75 ?

derrick mason was a monster under jeff fisher...i would expect him to have glowing endorsements of him...

Does that include practicing in the bubble every time the temperature hits 75 ?

I think things like this has hurt the team as bad as anything else. It's silly to practice in that thing. I know it's crazy hot in Miami but get those guys used to the heat and that can give them a slight advantage.

Back
Top Bottom