Fishing for big fish | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fishing for big fish

fish-fishing.gif

I dont think past head coaches were afraid to bring in high profile assistants, but those guys just didnt want to work for guys like Flores, Gase etc.
I believe Flores was threatened by the idea of having top level coaches around him. He wanted to control everything and he didn’t want anyone on his staff that would question him.

He put together one of the worst offensive coaching staff in league history and he was completely overrated regarding the defense he put on the field.

In the 2021 season, the defense was awful over the first half of the season and only improved once the defense went against rookie or backup QB’s over the second half of the season.

It is a common perception at least in Miami that we have talent on the defensive side. We under-preformed for several years minus the year we had all those turnovers. Even that year we were run over and passed on for big time yardage.

Hopefully, a change in DC will unleash this untapped talent and help this team get off on 3rd downs, adjust at half time, and play more complementary defense.
very good post....I agree

Seems to look like McDaniel is looking to make hires based upon merit and not nepotism/past relationships
I don't know much about Campanile other than he was the LB coach here and he may very well be a talented coach, but all the other candidates interviewed so far are well regarded coaches in the league.
No Dan Hennings, Mike Shermans, Josh Boyers, or Kevin Coyles etc in this group EDIT: How could i forget Matt Burke?
It goes to mention the last time we hired a credentialed defensive coordinator, Mike Nolan, we had a top ten defense.

I believe Flores was threatened by the idea of having top level coaches around him. He wanted to control everything and he didn’t want anyone on his staff that would question him.

He put together one of the worst offensive coaching staff in league history and he was completely overrated regarding the defense he put on the field.

In the 2021 season, the defense was awful over the first half of the season and only improved once the defense went against rookie or backup QB’s over the second half of the season.
Probably both are true to some degree. Flores and Gase couldnt get top candidates to work with them, and they didnt want to bring in guys that would challenge them.

McDaniel goes after big time coaches.He got the best out of Tua.Are offense was exciting when Tua was healthy.If we hire Fangio he will know what are defense lacks.And make us a top rank defense.I think McDaniel the right guy.He is not afraid to bring high profile coaches.Im excited for this upcoming season.
Flores was terrified to bring in anyone that he would think might question him. McD is the opposite. He knows that an elite staff is critical here in Dolphinland. We have very good talent, elite at wide receiver, with a 3 year window imo. Fangio is a key hire going forward. If he comes to Miami that's a great sign that he feels we have a chance to be special. If he uses us to bump the Eagles that wouldn't be so great but we still have excellent candidates so I'm not overly concerned. I do prefer Fangio for the experience and track record.

Back
Top Bottom