Fitz Knows He's A Place Holder | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitz Knows He's A Place Holder

I think Fitz knew from the day he got here he is a placeholder ;) (The wink isn't the best but I didn't want to use the eyeroll face). He's in his late 30's so he's been aware for some time that nobody is building around him for the long term.

I love watching the guy play but he obviously isn't a long term solution. At this point in their careers, Fitzpatrick and Josh McCown are one in the same as far as what they bring to a team (though Fitz's brilliant flashes are a little better than McCown's). They have great value as mentors.

Last edited:
3 years.... Mark my words in 3 years i expect the dolphins to be in the superbowl, Tua with his natural talent would be great but to top it off he is in a great situation with Fitzpatrick leading the teaching.

I just feel it in my bones i think for the next decade we are gonna see Tua and Mahomes fighting it out for superbowls, He is that good imo
Just to be clear, 3 years from when? Three years from now? Three years into the Coach Flo era? Three years from 2022? By what year are you saying we'll get there?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just want to be able to go back and unequivocally say you predicted it. :)

3 years.... Mark my words in 3 years i expect the dolphins to be in the superbowl, Tua with his natural talent would be great but to top it off he is in a great situation with Fitzpatrick leading the teaching.

I just feel it in my bones i think for the next decade we are gonna see Tua and Mahomes fighting it out for superbowls, He is that good imo
1596463513140.png

After watching the Jets get a boon of picks for Jamal Adams (2) 1st and a 4th for a 3rd I kinda feel like we got ripped off in the Minkah trade and believe we the Dolphins in general buy high and sell low in general and that's not a great trait to have, if Rosen was to break out in relief at some point this year and have a stellar season the sky is the limit in what we could ask for him or decide to keep him our self's. Looking at this article ( End of the line looms for four top QB's) https://www.thephinsider.com/2020/8/2/21351720/end-of-the-line-looms-for-four-top-quarterbacks - I can't help but feel that holding on to Rosen until his value increase is our best option.

Value of QB's is increasing in short term if most of these QB's retire.

Shouldn’t he go use his mind for the greater good after he retires? Maybe cure cancer, solve cold fusion or do comedy bits while wearing the clothes of wide receivers. Something like that.

Dude's earned nearly $60 million in his career.

It wouldn't surprise me to see him say "**** it" and open up a surf shop somewhere.

Just to be clear, 3 years from when? Three years from now? Three years into the Coach Flo era? Three years from 2022? By what year are you saying we'll get there?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, I just want to be able to go back and unequivocally say you predicted it. :)

Heck, I'll say it - three years from now.

He seems like a great guy. I just don’t enjoy watching him play so I’m hoping he place holds for about as long as he place kicks.
Nothing wrong with this, we all enjoy different styles.
However after watching a long list of qbs that would never take a chance, give a wr a jump ball on 4th down, or scramble and truck a strong safety, I enjoy Fitz back there he seems like the perfect backup. Compared to the qbs our under 30 fans have watched he might be the most exciting.. him or Gus... :oops:

Back
Top Bottom