Fitz Knows He's A Place Holder | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitz Knows He's A Place Holder

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Doesn't take a Harvard graduate to see the writing on the wall! All joking aside, have to love Fitzpatrick's attitude. Would love to keep him around as a coach when he retires, although I doubt he'd want that type of commitment.

Shouldn’t he go use his mind for the greater good after he retires? Maybe cure cancer, solve cold fusion or do comedy bits while wearing the clothes of wide receivers. Something like that.

Shouldn’t he go use his mind for the greater good after he retires? Maybe cure cancer, solve cold fusion or do comedy bits while wearing the clothes of wide receivers. Something like that.
He should use his mind to do what he loves to the best of his ability.

My Uncle graduated from an Ivy league school and is one of the smartest people I know. He chose to be a stay at home father, while his wife (who makes plenty of money) was the "breadwinner." This allowed him the extra time to help raise three incredibly smart and amazing women who are currently doing great things in their own fields. He found what he loved doing, and contributed to our society greatly without ever holding a job or earning a salary after his mid 20's.

Fitzpatrick can do whatever he wants. He doesn't owe the world anything because he was born with a great mind. If he chooses to use that mind to mentor football players, when there are many that desperately need it on and off the field, then I find that very commendable.

Last edited:
I should certainly hope he knows he’s a place holder. Dude went to Harvard. Gotta have some mad skills in deduction to graduate from there.

Fitz is good backup. Help prepare Tua for future..that all I am expecting from him.. if that mean Tua start day one or middle of season.. Tua need reps this yr for future...

Full interview with Fitz. Love it

Thanks for posting. Makes sense for Fitz to not throw much in the offseason... last season you could tell he had to put his whole body and everything he had into those throws.

Like that Fitz is such a team guy and ready for Tua to take over. Also acknowledges it will be tough for everyone to gel this year and that their will be sloppiness.... but it wll be every rookie on every team as well in that regard

Doesn't take a Harvard graduate to see the writing on the wall! All joking aside, have to love Fitzpatrick's attitude. Would love to keep him around as a coach when he retires, although I doubt he'd want that type of commitment.
He seems like a great guy. I just don’t enjoy watching him play so I’m hoping he place holds for about as long as he place kicks.

3 years.... Mark my words in 3 years i expect the dolphins to be in the superbowl, Tua with his natural talent would be great but to top it off he is in a great situation with Fitzpatrick leading the teaching.

I just feel it in my bones i think for the next decade we are gonna see Tua and Mahomes fighting it out for superbowls, He is that good imo

No mention of Rosen here at all. Wonder what he thinks of Josh?
Personally, I think Fitz would be the perfect mentor/backup to Tua. I could also see Fitz not wanting to go down that road considering his age and family priorities. But, it'd sure be cool to see another Don Strock/Dan Marino type relationship. At least for a couple years.

“It’s not all that difficult for me," Fitzpatrick said. "I mean I’m going to go out there and compete every single day as I know the younger guys are, but in the meeting rooms, I’m not going to keep anything to myself either. I’m going to make someone tell me to shut up because I’m going to talk as much I can and share as much as I can with the intimate knowledge I have of this offense being in it for five years and really just experience since I’ve been in the league.

I think the Dolphins got extremely lucky landing FItz considering he wasn't there 1st choice he ended up the best choice, best of the 3 QB's play's that how it should work, nothing given everything earned.

Back
Top Bottom