Fitzpatrick opens up about Tua/Flores relationship | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick opens up about Tua/Flores relationship

Nawledge

Scout Team
Reaction score
"(McDaniel's) all about preaching confidence to a guy and building him up, rather than trying to break him down," Fitzpatrick said. "And I think that's translated well, so far to the field."

Fitzpatrick, who played with Miami in Tua's rookie season of 2020, noted essentially that Flores really believed in tough love and intense mental challenging and that it may have added more stress than necessary.

"I really do think a lot of this early success, is the way he's being coached and the relationship that he has with the head coach," Fitzpatrick said. "Because I think that was a huge sticking point and something that just was difficult for him in the first few years."

"And I don't want to speak for him. But I'm sure it's evident to everybody the way that Mike McDaniel has come in and embraced Tua and made sure that he knows that he's the guy and that he's loved and that they're on the same team, and trying to have success together. I think that's been really helpful for his mentality."

Josh Rosen might have been salvaged with the McDaniel approach. Lol. I mean, it’s not like Tua had a creampuff coach in college. I don’t think he needed “tough love” and I think it was anything but love from Flores.

Coaches that think they’re military commanders need to go away. These are young men entering a very difficult job and the QB has so much to develop on the fly it’s just unreal to me that one would think the Flores approach is sound.

Too many New England coaches seem to think “well it was good for TB12, so…” he’s the extreme outlier. More QBs get ruined by coaches than get developed with the approach.

The only person who knows how having Flores as his head coach affected him at the QB position is Tua and Tua isn’t the type of person to go public with how he really felt about Flores.

Fitzpatrick is now being paid to talk and therefore he is taking it upon himself to read Tua’s mind. That’s what happens once players leave the field and go into the broadcast booth.

F*ck Fitztragic.
Did you actually read the article? Fitz sounds like he's rooting for Tua to succeed and he's stating the bleeding obvious, that Mike McDaniel's offensive system and his visible support of his QB is in stark contrast to Flo's "tough love".
BTW - I'm still of the belief that Fitz was a terrific transition QB for the Dolphins and his contribution to the team in difficult circumstances cannot be understated. I also hope that he succeeds in the media.

The only person who knows how having Flores as his head coach affected him at the QB position is Tua and Tua isn’t the type of person to go public with how he really felt about Flores.

Fitzpatrick is now being paid to talk and therefore he is taking it upon himself to read Tua’s mind. That’s what happens once players leave the field and go into the broadcast booth.
My first thought was “how does Fitz know MM’s approach?” Anyway, totally agree w you. That said, Fitz would know what Flores style was and it did seem to be tough love for everyone from Tua to Minkah to Kenny Stills etc.

Josh Rosen might have been salvaged with the McDaniel approach. Lol. I mean, it’s not like Tua had a creampuff coach in college. I don’t think he needed “tough love” and I think it was anything but love from Flores.

Coaches that think they’re military commanders need to go away. These are young men entering a very difficult job and the QB has so much to develop on the fly it’s just unreal to me that one would think the Flores approach is sound.

Too many New England coaches seem to think “well it was good for TB12, so…” he’s the extreme outlier. More QBs get ruined by coaches than get developed with the approach.
Virtually every coach who’s come out of NE has been a massive failure, and Belichick himself has been a massive failure without Brady.

Brady is what made that team special. The coaches were never special. The Patriot Way was never special. Their entire methodology sucked and failed everywhere it’s ever been employed without Brady.

Those were all mediocre coaches being propped up by the greatest QB and team leader of all time who just happened to have a maniacal work ethic.

He was such a baby on Lebatard that it is really hard to take him serious

Did you actually read the article? Fitz sounds like he's rooting for Tua to succeed and he's stating the bleeding obvious, that Mike McDaniel's offensive system and his visible support of his QB is in stark contrast to Flo's "tough love".
BTW - I'm still of the belief that Fitz was a terrific transition QB for the Dolphins and his contribution to the team in difficult circumstances cannot be understated. I also hope that he succeeds in the media.
He was a good transition QB for sure. My problem when we signed him was that realization that we would not be contending while he was the guy. It took the excitement out of the season for me before it even started. Not that he isn’t a good guy or wasn’t a fun guy to watch - just felt like we were resigned to being in rebuild / transition which is fine - it’s just not easy to accept as a fan though

Virtually every coach who’s come out of NE has been a massive failure, and Belichick himself has been a massive failure without Brady.

Brady is what made that team special. The coaches were never special. The Patriot Way was never special. Their entire methodology sucked and failed everywhere it’s ever been employed without Brady.

Those were all mediocre coaches being propped up by the greatest QB and team leader of all time who just happened to have a maniacal work ethic.
You know who was special though? Matt Walsh. And John Jastremski. And Jim McNally. And Matt Estrella.

Back
Top Bottom