Fitzpatrick opens up about Tua/Flores relationship | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick opens up about Tua/Flores relationship

Flores didnt know what he was doing, plain and simple. He was a first time head coach, first time trying to develop a young QB. Did Flores want Herbert over Tua? If Flores felt that strongly then why didnt Grier pull the trigger on Herbert? Grier gave Flores everything Flores wanted in Free agency (signing multiple former patriots was not a coincidence). So I don't buy that Flores wanted Herbert, if he did he was very quiet about it and probably didnt have a strong opinion between Tua and Herbert. I think Flores was so caught up in the now and wanted a veteran like Fitz or Watson to help the team win now and developing a QB like Tua wasn't a priority for Flores. Feels like Flores was trying to prove a point by starting Tua too soon. Pulled Tua out of games instead of seeing what the kid could do in crunch time games and let him take his bumps and bruises instead of just being inpatient and throwing a veteran out there. I think even if we drafted Herbert instead of Tua, the results would have been the same for Flores, he would still prefer the veteran QB and would be trying to win now instead of trying to develop the QB.
My take/guess at the situation was that Flores doesn't understand offense very well. He probably didn't have a strong opinion either way on Herbert or Tua b/c he can't evaluate QB play. He just went with whatever Grier and Ross wanted which by most accounts was Tua. Flores wanted a vet to play and Fitz was a good choice for him. Flores was very clear that he felt Tua wasn't ready and then played him the next week. My understanding was that it was due to pressure from Ross after he consulted Marino. The original hope was to play Tua after the bye, but the bye got moved up. Marino's level of QB evaluation is somewhere around, "can he throw?". And Marino told Ross that 'he would get him out there and see what we got'. Flores was probably pissed and took it out on Tua. And Fitz was probably made promises that got broken there too, so he was probably also pissed. Developing Tua was never a priority and I doubt he would have had any idea how to do it if it was.

Flores was a big part of it. His downfall though, started with Fitzpatrick crying to the media.
Stop.

He traded away Minkah because he couldn't get along with him. Had nothing to do with Tua.
He fired O'Shea after doing an admirable job with Fitzpatrick with a garbage roster. Had nothing to do with Tua.
He pulled Chan Gailey out of retirement as an OC for Fitzpatrick, not to teach the #5 overall pick. Had everything to do with his effed up priorities.

Like I said, you guys are a trip. Flores was long shooting himself in the foot before mismanaging the QB situation. If I were Fitzpatrick, I'd be pissed too. He did nothing to lose the job and Tua clearly wasn't even ready. A large chunk of the fan base didn't even want Tua to play the first year.

You think I'm going to blame Fitz for being salty? Fitz said Tua could make throws he could make. He's said in broadcasts that Tua can be really good, but needs to be good at the things he's good at. We've said the same thing.

You guys are just looking for an enemy and a fight.

Did you actually read the article? Fitz sounds like he's rooting for Tua to succeed and he's stating the bleeding obvious, that Mike McDaniel's offensive system and his visible support of his QB is in stark contrast to Flo's "tough love".
BTW - I'm still of the belief that Fitz was a terrific transition QB for the Dolphins and his contribution to the team in difficult circumstances cannot be understated. I also hope that he succeeds in the media.
I think calling Flores tough love may be an error. It seems to have come across as “I hate you, you’re no good”.
I was not there, never met Flores. I did note that not one team wanted him in any capacity until Tomlin stepped up. Tomlin’s comment was something like “I did not want him to feel completely alone”.
I usually hope guys that leave us do fine in their new home. Flores is an exception.

F@ck Flores, but I am thankful that we had to endure him, because if we didn't we wouldn't have Coach McDaniel.

It was such a 180 degree turn from everything he pretended to be.

I literally could not believe what a little piece of **** he turned out to be.

He had me totally fooled. Why would I doubt that he was actually the great guy and teammate?

He was not. Not at all when it came down to it.

The remaining Fitz supporters on here must be living in the prior-to-revealing-himself bubble of protection in perpetuity.
Never trust anyone in a beard like that. Always hiding something shady. Lol

I'm sure Flores' lawyers love the fact that a 1st time HC came in here and totally fixed our offense and that Tua is playing great and with so much confidence.

Opinions vary.

Have you ever studied statistics & probabilities?
If you had, you would know not to say "zero" chance.
Only a range of possibilities.

Are you turning into a "Lemming"?
I hope not.
i hope not!

i meant zero chance because there are those who are okay with the way he handled things, and there are those who will never forgive him for it!

I think Fitzpatrick has been spot on with his comments towards Tua and the Dolphins.

Even his evaluation of Tua as a player, which some fans had trouble with.

The way I see it, Tua is to quarterbacking what Greg Maddox was to pitching. Maddox knew he wasn't throwing a low 90's fastball by hitters. He had to hit the corners, mix up his pitches, prepare, be cerebral. That's Tua as a quarterback.

And anyone who doesn't believe Tua's arm is strong enough just has to see his rifle touchdown throw to Cracraft.

Spot on! I love that comparison!

Opinions vary.

Have you ever studied statistics & probabilities?
If you had, you would know not to say "zero" chance.
Only a range of possibilities.

Are you turning into a "Lemming"?
I hope not.
Don’t make Ray pull the car over and make him have to pull out the Bell Curves...lies, damn lies and statistics. He will cut you....

Back
Top Bottom