Fitzpatrick talking to the Cowboys | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick talking to the Cowboys

We are not giving him up. We are respecting his wish to let him go somewhere, as long as we get compensated for his breaking his contractual obligation to us. Just business.

He is a malcontent and we don't have the professional help he needs to overcome his immaturity, that spoiled brat.
Yeah, that's definitely one way to look at it. But I can't help but think he's the exact type of player we can't find.

He's got all the athleticism and durability we want, the flexibility we crave, has shown real leadership ability in the past, is a grinder and hard worker, sets the tone as a lead by example type in the film room, can cover, can tackle. With all that, it seems like a failure of coaching to give up on the guy … the clay coaches mold simply doesn't get more complete than this. He's the type of player who will have a long and very successful career, and one 1st round draft pick is a drop in the bucket for giving up on someone like that.

If this coaching staff can't fix his attitude and convince him to stay … I seriously question the leadership of this coaching staff. :(

Yeah, that's definitely one way to look at it. But I can't help but think he's the exact type of player we can't find.

He's got all the athleticism and durability we want, the flexibility we crave, has shown real leadership ability in the past, is a grinder and hard worker, sets the tone as a lead by example type in the film room, can cover, can tackle. With all that, it seems like a failure of coaching to give up on the guy … the clay coaches mold simply doesn't get more complete than this. He's the type of player who will have a long and very successful career, and one 1st round draft pick is a drop in the bucket for giving up on someone like that.

If this coaching staff can't fix his attitude and convince him to stay … I seriously question the leadership of this coaching staff. :(

It's too late now. They really don't have a choice but to move him. But agree, I think the way this all went down shows that the coaching staff doesn't have what it takes to develop a winning culture.

It's too late now. They really don't have a choice but to move him. But agree, I think the way this all went down shows that the coaching staff doesn't have what it takes to develop a winning culture.
Maybe you're right .. but this saddens me greatly.

We may have a bidding war and it only takes a few teams to grow enamoured and overpay - we are in the drivers seat

But I liked the player when he was drafted so if he/we arrange a move - that will sadden me

This is horrible, actually.
Yeah, sorry. I liked (in college) but have no emotional attachment to the player at all. I understand you're a Bama fan.

As a pro, he's been inconsistent to say it best. And whining, getting your mother involved, and demanding a trade as a second year player who hasn't proven a thing.... I'm good with getting a 1 back.

He's not Xavien Howard as much as he thinks he is. He's more Bobby McCain.

Unfair post. Biased post.

James would also be underachieving in Miami if playing with this roster. If Minkah ended up in SD with that defensive personnel he might look pretty good too.

The Derwin James fandom cracks me up. Good player, no doubt, but also in much better circumstances (when he was healthy).

The Minkah hate around these parts (mostly by the pro James crowd) is also laughable. The dude is talented. That’s precisely why so many teams are interested in him right now and why the Dolphins are likely to receive nice compensation for him as long as they wait it out properly.

These other organizations know what’s up. Minkah is a good player with potential to be much better given better circumstances.

It's First Team All Pro James crowd, for the record.

Don't rule out the Eagles for a possible trading partner.

Their was quite a bit of interest in Minkah from the morning show hosts on 97.5 the fanatic this morning. Of course they were willing to discuss their second round pick, not first. Just radio guys though. They were harping on the fact that MK grew up an Eagles fan.

Got me thinking though after Alshon and Desean got hurt last night, maybe Minkah and Parker for a 1 and future conditional pick (at least a 4).

I am not in favor or moving on from Minkah, or at least I wasn't. Now I am a bit indifferent about it if he truly wants out.

Eagles interest could also drive up Dallas's interest. I think both teams can be talked into giving up their first's if an additional player was involved, especially if they know the other team is involved. Eagles and Cowboys will duke it out this year. They could both use Parker's services as well.

Really, the Eagles could interest in Drake as well.

Shouldn't coaches be more hard headed than players?
Shouldn't coaches be more hard headed than players?
Sure Ray the coach is the captain of his ship but as a good captain he needs to first have great communication skills, a vision for his crew and the ability to put them in positions where they will thrive. It appears that Fitz has the skills to play just about anywhere in the secondary and the spot he wishes to play is presently pretty weak.
So let the player play and gain confidence. Also there is a much larger picture that I am concerned with how much influence he will have on Tua. TedSlimm who is a big Alabama alumni believes its already a issue and if we are tanking for Tua and he does not want to play here thats huge.

When Clowney turned us down and now this kids leaving along with others is a red flag imo regarding Flores and Grier aquiring talent moving forward.

I agree with @djphinfan , we invested the #11 overall pick for a guy with a great work ethic, good ball skills, pretty good coverage skills, excellent athletics, durability, leadership potential, solid citizen … he's a foundational type of player. I'm not going to give up on him in year 2 for a late 1st rounder.

If we're trading him to Dallas, that requires multiple picks, like a 1st in 2020 and a 2nd in 2021... and I don't think the Cowboys would do that. For obvious reasons, I just don't see us trading Minkah Fitzpatrick. He seems worth more to us than any other team.
I would hate to see Miami trade Fitzpatrick, but if they do go that route I'd like a player and pick(s). Dallas could part with a starting offensive lineman like La'el Collins and maybe a third round pick.

I love stockpiling draft picks, but I'd want an established "good" starter at the very least. The Dolphins are, unfortunately, not going to hit on all the draft picks they've acquired. That just the nature of the draft.

Back
Top Bottom