Fitzpatrick to return next season...... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick to return next season......

What investment are you speaking of? His current contract? Yes. A roster spot? Yes.

Cool. I see the young man who followed him in Arizona just won the Offensive Rookie of the Year.

Further reinforcing my belief he isnt worth either investment.

Cool. I see the young man who followed him in Arizona just won the Offensive Rookie of the Year.

Further reinforcing my belief he isnt worth either investment.
Nah, man. If there was any little change in Arizona from last year to this year it'll be used as a specious argument to excuse Rosen's performance last year.

Murray came in with largely the same exact players, same offensive line, and won ORoY. Guess people can play make believe and give all the credit to Kingsbury now instead to save face for their precious pro-Rosen, hope-based arguments... a failed college coach.

Nah, man. If there was any little change in Arizona from last year to this year it'll be used as a specious argument to excuse Rosen's performance last year.

Murray came in with largely the same exact players, same offensive line, and won ORoY. Guess people can play make believe and give all the credit to Kingsbury now instead to save face for their precious pro-Rosen, hope-based arguments... a failed college coach.

He actually lost his best offensive lineman to Seattle (Iupati).

Kliff is elite! Murray is a product of the system. Rosen would be just as good!!

I never wanted Fitzpatrick here. How can you not have him back after the way he preformed behind this offensive line?

Hope to all the heavens we buy/draft ourselves an offensive line. Draft a QB as well.

Let Fitzpatrick be the test dummy once again next year.

Let Rosen be the backup.

And let the drafted QB sit and learn for a year for succesion in 2021.

The odds of Rosen or a rookie growing/performing well under an offensive line like we fielded this season are extremely low.

Don't get whatever future QB we have in our plans get killed early like Tannehill got killed early, like Rosen was killed early.

Looking at another losing season w Fitzpatrick as it starter. W no young qb in wing.too take over

The nesting ritual is in full swing with Tua, giving Fitz another shot is good for the offense's morale while Tua learns and mends.

You guys are hilarious. Fitzpatrick just put up the best season since 2008 Pennington and all you can do is mock.

With a roster of actual NFL talent Miami would have been a playoff team. Heck, with a practice squad roster they played better than NE the last quarter of the season.

Laugh all you want but I'm excited to have him back.
I'm with you. There are a lot of people that posted before you that seem determined to be miserable regardless of the outcome. Fitz played very well. Let him come back and do it again until the rookie is ready to roll then have him support the rookie and back him up. Trying out other QBs just to have a merry go round is meaningless. Thats what TC and PS are for.

Additionally, the whole "we're not going to be a playoff team and we're only going to win 5 games" things are just bunk. We should realistically find 6-8 new starters between FA and the first three rounds of the draft. But, somehow that doesn't make the team any better??? Too many think that at some point years from now we'll have some perfect roster. Guess what? It'll never happen. No team has a perfect or even kinda perfect roster. Injuries happen, players decline, get stabbed, retire suddenly etc. You all saw the effort we put in last year with people off the waiver wires at many positions. You don't think with call it 7 new starters, we can't win four or five more games knowing that we lost two games by one point, one by a td and one by 10 points?

I don't understand the high level of pessimism on here. To me, we should all be overjoyed by the potential of the future.

Looking at another losing season w Fitzpatrick as it starter. W no young qb in wing.too take over

I think we have a young QB in the wing now, and that is Rosen.

Wither or not he is ready to take over will become apparent after training camp. The coaches will tell us, not the other way around.

I want us to bring in another 2 or 3 QB's to try out. We should be bringing in a new QB every year or two as a standard procedure to assure we have a competent pair of backups available during the season in case some unforeseen problem takes away our starter.

I don't get it either... so we got 5 wins last year under terrible circumstances and finished the season strong. But yet with 3-1sts and 2-2nds and the most cap space in the NFL we are doomed for another 5 win season? So we are resigning the guy that put us on his back to get those 5 wins and we are doomed for resigning him? After watching last years with Flores the needle is doing nothing but pointing up!

I wish #13 would take on a bigger role with the team already. He is so fiery that I think that he would make an excellent coach/coordinator, asst. to the Head coach or frankly whatever role he desires.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom