Fitzpatrick will be our starter in 2021 also | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick will be our starter in 2021 also

After 15 years Fitz has been getting closer and closer to becoming a franchise QB...another 10 years he should get there. He's only 37...we should sign him to a long term contract for 10 years. We can get him cheap since he's not at that franchise level yet.

No chance in hell Fitzpatrick is the starter on this team in 2021. He might not even be the starter a month from now. Put down the crack pipe and get help!
Everything coach Flo has been saying says otherwise... Flores is interested in the Dolphins success long term and you are interested if you will be entertained next Sunday. There is a little difference in philosophy between the two.
Sorry but you are the one that is high.

so how im thinking it.....

Deep playoff run or superbowl loss we gotta bring back the Fitzmagic. I know hes a FA but we MAY have to Franchise him to make sure that someone like the Colts dont snatch him away from us.

If we win the Super Bowl i think Fitz goes ahead and retires at the high point of his career.

Alot of people are still worried about Tua's hip. well whats better than one year of not getting contact on it....thats right TWO!

AS far as the Rodgers/Favre, Tua/Fitz comparisons, they are friggin absurd....I'ma project out the rest of Fitz season using average and you tell me which is the better QB to learn behind...

QB A) 61 comp % , 3900 yards, 20 TD, 29 INT, 71 Rating
B) 71 comp %, 4300 yards, 22 TD, 16 INT, 95 Rating

Thats not apples to apples. Thats apples to the BEARD. In fact Rodgers 2nd season sitting behind Favre, Favre was only marginally better. Alex Smith was amazing the year Pat road the bench behind him.

So what im thinking, to try to prevent us from having to use the tag on Fitz after the season, we should probably just try to sign him to a contract similiar to what TanneGoat got, 4 years, 118 mil. we can probably do a little less guaranteed due to his age. might be smarter to go 3/90 that way we can see tua in his 5th year before he become an UFA
I understand Rodger and mohomes sited bench because they were future investments draft pick .no body new mohomes was going be that good..
If dolphins give Fitzpatrick deal like that than Tua will be done soon... Let Tua sit this yr..take train wheel off 2021. He need play..no excuse in 2021. Tua is high draft pick..

Last edited:
Everything coach Flo has been saying says otherwise... Flores is interested in the Dolphins success long term you are interested if you will be entertained next Sunday. There is a little difference in philosophy between the two.
Sorry but you are the one that is high.

And guess what? Fitzpatrick is not the long term answer at his age. So you just basically contradicted yourself. Tua is the future and the future begins in 2021 at the latest. You don't sit the #5 overall pick two years in a row. It ain't happening!

If he continues to play this way and we make a deep run into the playoffs, it would be very hard to justify starting tua next year. Let him sit like rogers. That turned out well
I do not disagree with that. However at some point we need to know if we have a quarterback or not and the only way I know to make that determination is live fire games

And guess what? Fitzpatrick is not the long term answer at his age. So you just basically contradicted yourself. Tua is the future and the future begins in 2021 at the latest. You don't sit the #5 overall pick two years in a row. It ain't happening!
You misunderstood what I was saying. I wasn't calling Fitz the long term answer but just pointing out that Tua learning from Fitz is in the best interest of the team long term... Think Aaron Rodgers. Oh and Brett Farve was a turnover machine who broke the interception record before breaking the TD record. But look at Aaron Rodgers... He is setting records for not thowing interceptions. Funny how that works

If Fitzpatrick come into camp next yr beat out Tua.. that looks bad. No excuse..that pick will be second guess.. tua have no excue..it good learn but at certain point u got take over in nfl..your window of opportunity is small..

Shake your head as much as you want, we’re not all the same and this isn’t one of those points where there is right and wrong. I’m tribal, the way it is as are you likely when it suits you

Yeah, I guess it is right to hate a player on your team because of who he played for.
That is stupid and simple-minded.

Back
Top Bottom