Fitzpatrick | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick

I hope we don't draft Tua. It too risky. Tua need go to team w Ol. Other wise I dont see how he is going survive in Miami.
Signing Brees coming off of a shoulder surgery was too risky. There is no such thing as "too risky". What's the worst that can happen? We blow a first round pick... out of our three? So what? There's no guarantee that not drafting him results in a player at another position turning out to be good either. There's risk with every pick, except a few of the sure-fire can't-miss type guys like Chase Young which is why they go so high.

As for offensive line, drafting him and having him sit out 2020 behind Fitzpatrick not only gives you TWO full offseasons to improve the offensive line with all of our assets before you throw him out there, but gives him a year to rehab behind a really good teacher at QB.

With the exception of DVP, Godchaux, Wilkins, Baker & McMillan, the rest of the CURRENT starters are going to make very good backups next season. I say that tongue in cheek but....

I have been pleasantly surprised with the play of a lot of these guys off the street. I think Rowe could end up starting at safety next year and Deiter likely gets slotted in that LG spot (even though he has been inconsistent).

I wouldn't be too quick to write off Fitz as far as next season goes....

If we end up drafting in the 4-9 range (as we likely will), we have a great shot of missing out on Burrow and even if we end up with Tua, he may not be ready to see the field until November. It's highly unlikely they would throw him to the wolves after missing all those snaps in camp and practice.

The only reason to move on from Fitz (and maybe not even then) will be if Rosen turns the corner. One of those two are likely to start next year IMO barring some phenomenal luck or a draft day trade for Rosen.

All of our draft picks could make a huge impression on the roster and put us in a competitive position. I think Fitz or Rosen would win more games with an improved roster (and coaching) than most people realize. Just my 2 cents.

Not to mention I love Fitz!

I'm really confused why Rosen still has a fan club.

He's been average to bad for multiple years in college and the pros.

I think you misspelled Tannehill
You mean the QB that has a lower Total QB rating than Fitzpatrick?
Since being called on the first team these are the numbers:
Fitzpatrick has a better Total QB rating on weeks 6,7,9,10 and 13. Tanny hasa better one on weeks 8 and 12. Tanny had a bye on week 11. Overall Fitzpatrick is 8 (TOP 10) and Tanny Is 16 (not TOP 10). This Is the only stat that considers the impact that the QB has on the team. Fitz TOP 10, Tanny not TOP 10.

Please dont even play like that...Its not that I dont like the guy but we all know whats coming and bad games are not "growing pains" with aging QBs like Fitz...they are just a pain. He is not the answer...never will be
Fitz Is not the answer, but he Is a great option to teach a young possible answer, while keeping the game fun for the next couple of years.

I'm not a fan of Rosen but I would guess patience is the reason people still buy into him. Look at Parker and Tannehill, trending up.

Parker I understand but Tannehill isn't one I call trending up. He's the same as he always has been he's just got a solid team around him.

But I get the point.

I would rather he was sacked 13 times and we had the #2 pick

Because losing, and picking high in the draft equals success more then having a coaching staff with some players that can figure it out even with less talent around them?

Fitzpatrick has a better Total QB rating on weeks 6,7,9,10 and 13. Tanny hasa better one on weeks 8 and 12. Tanny had a bye on week 11. Overall Fitzpatrick is 8 (TOP 10) and Tanny Is 16 (not TOP 10). This Is the only stat that considers the impact that the QB has on the team. Fitz TOP 10, Tanny not TOP 10.

Tannehill currently has the #1 Passer Rating in the NFL...and #1 YPA...and #1 redzone/TD ratio. And #2 completion % behind Drew Brees.

But the best part of your post is referencing ESPN's QBR as "THE" gold standard for QBs...nice one.

Football Outsiders DVOA does a better job...and currently Tannehill is 8th there...Fitz is 21st.

Throw a name like Brady, Rapistburger or Brees in front of those numbers, and you have elite.

Last edited:

Are you freaking serious? Tell that one to the titans

Back
Top Bottom