Fitzpatrick | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick

Tannehill currently has the #1 Passer Rating in the NFL...and #1 YPA...and #1 redzone/TD ratio. And #2 completion % behind Drew Brees.

But the best part of your post is referencing ESPN's QBR as "THE" gold standard for QBs...nice one.

Football Outsiders DVOA does a better job...and currently Tannehill is 8th there...Fitz is 21st.

Throw a name like Brady, Rapistburger or Brees in front of those numbers, and you have elite.
Thill17 is playing good w Tennessee but he wouldn't be doing that w dolphins situation go on. Tennesse win 8 to 10 game almost every year. Just being real.

So beating a bunch of bad teams for meaningless wins with nothing on the line except draft position is some kind of win in your book? This staff looked entirely incompetent through the first 6-7 games. I’d rather have ZERO wins and look competitive in every game than beating up on losers like the jets eagles and redskins.

the 1-15 team was better coached.
Not really. They started out with an all-star UDFA squad :lol: which included 1/3 of the team replaced a few days prior to the first regular season game. If you have watched any of the games you could see that from game 3 on it was a slight improvement week-by-week. Baby steps.

It is absolutely hillarious that some people who claimed that we had the worst roster ever - in the history of the NFL (which was one issue we all agreed on) cannot see improvement to the point that a 'guaranteed' 0-16 team churned out 3 wins so far. I take it even further: that 'Replacement' roster at the beginning of the year got even worse during the season by releasing and replacing over a dozen players of other teams rosters and of the street.

I think you are just pissed off that your wish for tanking was shattered and destroyed by excellent coaching.

Not really. They started out with an all-star UDFA squad :lol: which included 1/3 of the team replaced a few days prior to the first regular season game. If you have watched any of the games you could see that from game 3 on it was a slight improvement week-by-week. Baby steps.

It is absolutely hillarious that some people who claimed that we had the worst roster ever - in the history of the NFL (which was one issue we all agreed on) cannot see improvement to the point that a 'guaranteed' 0-16 team churned out 3 wins so far. I take it even further: that 'Replacement' roster at the beginning of the year got even worse during the season by releasing and replacing over a dozen players of other teams rosters and of the street.

I think you are just pissed off that your wish for tanking was shattered and destroyed by excellent coaching.

Wrong again, as usual. I was never for tanking. Trading out top level talent like Fitzpatrick and tunsil is DUMB AS ****. Point bank period. You trade these guys to teams expecting top picks and now both of them look to be in the 20s so we probably won’t even replace what we lost.

If I were in charge of the team, I wouldn’t be dumping elite talent on rookie deals and my first priority would have been long term replacements at guard and RT. The offensive line has been trash for decades now and that’s how you win. Sure we’ve dedicated resources to the position but in true Grier and gase fashion, they were garbage. Philbin had a lot to do with the offensive line problems as well, drafting soft garbage like Martin and hairless James..:the turnstile twins at guard etc.

but yeah, let’s crown this coach because we beat two teams worse than us and the eagles, with absolutely nothing to gain other than a later draft pick.

Wrong again, as usual. I was never for tanking. Trading out top level talent like Fitzpatrick and tunsil is DUMB AS ****. Point bank period. You trade these guys to teams expecting top picks and now both of them look to be in the 20s so we probably won’t even replace what we lost.

If I were in charge of the team, I wouldn’t be dumping elite talent on rookie deals and my first priority would have been long term replacements at guard and RT. The offensive line has been trash for decades now and that’s how you win. Sure we’ve dedicated resources to the position but in true Grier and gase fashion, they were garbage. Philbin had a lot to do with the offensive line problems as well, drafting soft garbage like Martin and hairless James..:the turnstile twins at guard etc.

but yeah, let’s crown this coach because we beat two teams worse than us and the eagles, with absolutely nothing to gain other than a later draft pick.
I agree. You don't let elite talent go, and we didn't.

Nothing to play for? They were still in the playoff hunt and Miami was seen as an easy win. On that same week DAL was playing NE - a tough game.

Back
Top Bottom