Fitzpatrick | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick

What he lacks in talent he more than makes up for in determination, leadership and having fun. He carried that team yesterday and the players obviously love playing for him. Miami needs to bring him back next year to mentor whoever the future will be.

that's cute you think Tannehill would still be playing this well on this awful team. Fitzpatrick is literally carrying us each and every week.

To what?
Worst offense in league?
Worst scoring?
3-9?
He torched Eagles last year
Evidentially he is 4-0 against Schwartz...one of those things
I get that he has surpassed my expectations , maybe helped development of 1 player as I think what Parker is doing is just natural and a result of being healthy
He is a gamer and brings certain qualities but he is still bad and I just will need to learn to suffer through seeing him until injured or season over

Fitz is still Fitz. It's what we've all been saying. You play Fitz and he's good for a few games. That's what we've had for years. "Good for a few games"... The question is; is that what we want long term; "Good for a few games" ? Or should we have not worried about a "few games" this year and positioned ourselves for the best QB in the draft, or at worse, the best player in the draft? Now it looks like we'll end up anywhere from around 4 to 10. I'm okay with that, but my concern is, we trade our capital in order to move up, when it all could have been avoided.

With still not a proper eval on Rosen which would help regarding your point

To what?
Worst offense in league?
Worst scoring?
3-9?
He torched Eagles last year
Evidentially he is 4-0 against Schwartz...one of those things
I get that he has surpassed my expectations , maybe helped development of 1 player as I think what Parker is doing is just natural and a result of being healthy
He is a gamer and brings certain qualities but he is still bad and I just will need to learn to suffer through seeing him until injured or season over

We are the worst rushing team but not the worst offense overall, wanna know why? Because our passing game isnt horrible like the rest of our offense. We have more passing yards per game than the Colts and Steelers and our O-line is significantly worse than theirs. This makes what Fitzpatrick has done even more impressive. Fitzpatrick is almost leading our team in rushing yards as well and is already tied for first for rushing TD's on the season (3). So yes Fitzpatrick is carrying our complete disaster on offense. He at least keeps our offense competitive and puts points on the board. Fitz is getting no help from the run game or O-line at all. He is helping Parker and Geisicki have break out years when we all thought they were busts. Fitz isnt the long term answer but you have to appreciate and be impressed with what he has been able to do with so little around him. He is easily our MVP.

Never really was a fan of Fitz but the guy is freaking growing on me. He brings a ton of energy to the offence and for once, his receivers made circus catches for him all day. We still need to go QB at the top of the draft, providing there's a player we have a conviction on. The o-line needs 2 tackles and one more rotational piece.

I'm proud of this ragtag bunch of players that have bought in and are playing with their hair on fire. We took everything the Eagles had and when we punched back they weren't prepared to meet our energy. We had all the energy in the 4th quarter and the Eagles got destroyed by Parker and Gisecki-2 CHRIS GRIER PICKS THAT ARE NOW PAYING OFF. There are more keepers on this team than we think.

That was the best game a Miami quarterback has played in ten years. Fitz was getting hit on almost every throw and had zero running game to speak of and he still threw dimes all over the place.

That was the best game a Miami quarterback has played in ten years. Fitz was getting hit on almost every throw and had zero running game to speak of and he still threw dimes all over the place.
There were some big boy throws (the slant to Parker when a 1st down was crucial comes to mind), but let's not pretend a lot of it wasn't sheer "I want it more", by Parker and MG.

I'm not complaining at all. When you are outmanned, that's what is necessary. Team win, and one hell of an effort by all.

There were some big boy throws (the slant to Parker when a 1st down was crucial comes to mind), but let's not pretend a lot of it wasn't sheer "I want it more", by Parker and MG.

I'm not complaining at all. When you are outmanned, that's what is necessary. Team win, and one hell of an effort by all.
Fitz put the ball exactly where it needed to be. He had a great game while also being continually pounded into the dirt.

We are the worst rushing team but not the worst offense overall, wanna know why? Because our passing game isnt horrible like the rest of our offense. We have more passing yards per game than the Colts and Steelers and our O-line is significantly worse than theirs. This makes what Fitzpatrick has done even more impressive. Fitzpatrick is almost leading our team in rushing yards as well and is already tied for first for rushing TD's on the season (3). So yes Fitzpatrick is carrying our complete disaster on offense. He at least keeps our offense competitive and puts points on the board. Fitz is getting no help from the run game or O-line at all. He is helping Parker and Geisicki have break out years when we all thought they were busts. Fitz isnt the long term answer but you have to appreciate and be impressed with what he has been able to do with so little around him. He is easily our MVP.

Ok
Feel Parker is MVP but I do need to appreciate what he is doing...just can't stand him being in there for many reasons
But that's me

Fitz put the ball exactly where it needed to be. He had a great game while also being continually pounded into the dirt.
I don't disagree, but the term "dimes" does not apply, IMO.

My definition may be different than yours. NBD

How bout that finheaven "bust" Mike Gesicki!

People REALLY didn't see the talent, too much like a Giraffe or some BS? Shocking...

Dude has the potential to be the 3rd best TE in football behind Kittle and Kelce, where are all the Goedert lovers now?

Goedert is comically overrated like his entire football team, I tried to tell y'all all off-season that pretty much EVERYONE was wrong about Roseman's Iggles, now you see.

They just got super lucky one year like Joe Fluko, good for them I guess lol, but reality is sinking in...

And way to go Tannehill!!!

Last edited:
Fitz is still Fitz. It's what we've all been saying. You play Fitz and he's good for a few games. That's what we've had for years. "Good for a few games"... The question is; is that what we want long term; "Good for a few games" ? Or should we have not worried about a "few games" this year and positioned ourselves for the best QB in the draft, or at worse, the best player in the draft? Now it looks like we'll end up anywhere from around 4 to 10. I'm okay with that, but my concern is, we trade our capital in order to move up, when it all could have been avoided.

If we choose not to move up, then we don't loose our trade capital. Have you considered that? Take a chill pill!

The best QB's that come out of any given draft are not necessarily the ones people focus on going into the draft.

Great team win. Fitz was great, DVP was great, I think the line even improved as the game went on. That was a very fun viewing experience

Back
Top Bottom