Fitzpatrick | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick

dougb123

Bringer of Rain
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
What great performance, best performance from a Dolphin QB I've seen in quite some time

was 27 for 39 - 365 yards 3 TD's 1 Int that wasn't his fault, looked more like PI than incidental contact, how does a receiver get knocked to the ground and there not be a flag?

was sacked 3 times - god only knows how many times he was hit, under extreme duress all game, time to throw was at an extreme minimum, if you had a stop watch I doubt any QB in any game had less time to make a decision and get rid of the ball.

No running game to speak of

Was a great offensive game called by Chad O'Shea, with all the limits he was given.

Parker and Gelsicki came up with great games. Parker 7 rec 159 yard 2 TD - Gelsicki 5 rec 79 yards
Albert Wilson starting to show up 5 rec 32 ran 2 times for 32 yards - Laird had 4 rec for 43 he didn't have great day running 10 times for 5 yards, really not his fault the offensive line just flat bad.
Gaskin had 2 carries 20 yards, he needs to be more involved in the game plan

Defensive secondary is starting to make it hard on opposing QB even though I D-line gives them all day to throw.

Offensive line, top shelf receiver in draft, 1 RB high and buy a very good one in FA, a little pass rush - use the 2021 extra 1st to move up a 2nd or 3rd
Spend that FA money extremely wisely
Starting to half believe if they were to draft and run FA with the idea of Fitzpatrick starting next year, dare I say playoffs?
I know it's not what every one wants but it's looking like it's a possibility.

What great performance, best performance from a Dolphin QB I've seen in quite some time

was 27 for 39 - 365 yards 3 TD's 1 Int that wasn't his fault, looked more like PI than incidental contact, how does a receiver get knocked to the ground and there not be a flag?

was sacked 3 times - god only knows how many times he was hit, under extreme duress all game, time to throw was at an extreme minimum, if you had a stop watch I doubt any QB in any game had less time to make a decision and get rid of the ball.

Was a great offensive game called by Chad O'Shea, with all the limits he was given.

Parker and Gelsicki came up with great games. Parker 7 rec 159 yard 2 TD - Gelsicki 5 rec 79 yards
Albert Wilson starting to show up 5 rec 32 ran 2 times for 32 yards - Laird had 4 rec for 43 he didn't have great day running 10 times for 5 yards, really not his fault the offensive line just flat bad.

Defensive secondary is starting to make it hard on opposing QB even though I D-line gives them all day to throw.

Offensive line, top shelf receiver in draft, 1 RB high and buy a very good one in FA, a little pass rush - use the 2021 extra 1st to move up a 2nd or 3rd
Starting to half believe if they were to draft and run FA with the idea of Fitzpatrick starting next year, dare I say playoffs?
I would rather he was sacked 13 times and we had the #2 pick

I would rather he was sacked 13 times and we had the #2 pick
giphy.gif

You all really need a new shtick.

No doubt it was a great game. We were practically unstoppable today. He had great help from our weapons but he put the ball where they could make plays on it all game long. We had no business winning this one, especially considering we were down two scores twice in the game.

I love Fitz. He may not be very talented (by NFL standards) but the man goes out there and moves the offense with sheer force of will. A lesser man would simply bemoan his position, do the bare minimum to survive, and collect his paycheck. Fitz leaves it all on the field. Despite getting hit and sacked non stop in the first half, he kept getting back up and fighting.

He got lucky he didn't throw a couple more picks today but the man comes to play and he's a lot of fun to watch.

I love Fitz. He may not be very talented (by NFL standards) but the man goes out there and moves the offense with sheer force of will. A lesser man would simply bemoan his position, do the bare minimum to survive, and collect his paycheck. Fitz leaves it all on the field. Despite getting hit and sacked non stop in the first half, he kept getting back up and fighting.

He got lucky he didn't throw a couple more picks today but the man comes to play and he's a lot of fun to watch.
He probably enjoys playing football so much because at home there are 7 kids waiting for him. :lol: Sundays are his days off from home. :nah:

But yes, I agree with you.

Fans dont give Fitzpatrick much credit. To me i like him as an overall qb since pennington. Our future qb should have his attitude, moxy, and leadership. Hes a gamer. And a bit of a dog. Aside from stats we need that at the qb position. We havent had that in years.

Gisiki had a TD as well. Hes showing good signs!

I was going to like the OP but lost me at “top shelf WR in the draft”.

Replace with DE and you’d get a like.

Also you forgot to give Gesicki a TD when you listedd his stats.

Anyone who thinks we need to add a WR with a high draft just doesn’t have a clue.

Sorry, not sorry.

Last edited:
It’s not a stretch to think a player that is this smart is only getting better with age and experience..He seems to be one step ahead of everyone playing with one of the worst lines in football and no threat of the run, except himself, very smart once again to establish himself in every game as a runner..

Back
Top Bottom