Fitzpatrick | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick

How can you not like Fitzpatrick? I know he's not the long-term guy and he has limitations, but love his moxie, his effort, how good he can play when he gets on a roll. I hope he stays here as a coach when his playing days are over because his energy is infectious.

Parker is having a great season. Some of that may be due to Fitzpatrick as well, but he's been consistent and available. Wilson's finally starting to show a little bit.

I really can't wait to see what this team can become when the talent base is improved.

And you know for sure Rosen would not advance in areas needed, with experience?
If it were the almighty Tua next year and he struggled you would prefer Fitzpatrick?
You would have given up on P Manning then I take it because it didn't look it year 1
Whatever
Peyton Manning lead the NFL in passing attempts as a rookie on a terrible team. Yeah, he threw tons of interceptions, but he also set the rookie TD record. He had 3 games that year with over 100 QB rating. That's called flashing. That's what you see, and then you coach them to have it happen more consistently.

Want to know what Rosen's career high passer rating is in a game?

... in 16 starts. A 30-10 loss to the Chargers this year.

He's literally done nothing in the NFL but get drafted, suck, get traded, and suck some more.

Peyton Manning lead the NFL in passing attempts as a rookie on a terrible team. Yeah, he threw tons of interceptions, but he also set the rookie TD record. He had 3 games that year with over 100 QB rating. That's called flashing. That's what you see, and then you coach them to have it happen more consistently.

He's literally done nothing in the NFL but get drafted, suck, get traded, and suck some more.

If he was that bad he should be on the Miami Dolphins Forum, he'd fit right in.

Then how about T Aikman whom I think Rosen could be similar to?
He had brutal 1st 2 years
Aikman also struggled when E Smith was not in the line up for the most part but was still a very good QB
You DEFINITELY would have labeled him SUCK, SUCK and tossed him aside

1575310231666.png

What great performance, best performance from a Dolphin QB I've seen in quite some time

was 27 for 39 - 365 yards 3 TD's 1 Int that wasn't his fault, looked more like PI than incidental contact, how does a receiver get knocked to the ground and there not be a flag?

was sacked 3 times - god only knows how many times he was hit, under extreme duress all game, time to throw was at an extreme minimum, if you had a stop watch I doubt any QB in any game had less time to make a decision and get rid of the ball.

No running game to speak of

Was a great offensive game called by Chad O'Shea, with all the limits he was given.

Parker and Gelsicki came up with great games. Parker 7 rec 159 yard 2 TD - Gelsicki 5 rec 79 yards
Albert Wilson starting to show up 5 rec 32 ran 2 times for 32 yards - Laird had 4 rec for 43 he didn't have great day running 10 times for 5 yards, really not his fault the offensive line just flat bad.
Gaskin had 2 carries 20 yards, he needs to be more involved in the game plan

Defensive secondary is starting to make it hard on opposing QB even though I D-line gives them all day to throw.

Offensive line, top shelf receiver in draft, 1 RB high and buy a very good one in FA, a little pass rush - use the 2021 extra 1st to move up a 2nd or 3rd
Spend that FA money extremely wisely
Starting to half believe if they were to draft and run FA with the idea of Fitzpatrick starting next year, dare I say playoffs?
I know it's not what every one wants but it's looking like it's a possibility.

Hate to sound pessimistic, but every game I'm worried which RF will show up. Yesterday? Fitzmagic was in the house.

One point about the boatload of cash. NFL rules dictate that we can't roll it over indefinitely, so at some point it has to be spent.

Spending wisely, rather than flashey is the key.
That's true. I would imagine they'll make a serious dent in that cash in free agency, which forges the plan for the draft.

Last edited:
Then how about T Aikman whom I think Rosen could be similar to?
He had brutal 1st 2 years
Aikman also struggled when E Smith was not in the line up for the most part but was still a very good QB
You DEFINITELY would have labeled him SUCK, SUCK and tossed him aside

View attachment 33954
So, your idea of a counter argument is to list a guy who played in a much harder rule set for QBs? And a huge outlier to boot?

Want a list of the number of QBs who came into the NFL and sucked until they were out of it? Won't be able to fit it all on one forum page probably.

So, your idea of a counter argument is to list a guy who played in a much harder rule set for QBs? And a huge outlier to boot?

Want a list of the number of QBs who came into the NFL and sucked until they were out of it? Won't be able to fit it all on one forum page probably.

OMG...I just want to evaluate Rosen
I have my opinion, you yours

These guys think Ballage should have started over anyone else
They think McCain is a FS
They thought Minkah was a slot CB
They couldn't make use of Drake
I can have a different opinion based on their track record
Coaching has been much better recently so maybe Rosen would have benefited

OMG...I just want to evaluate Rosen
I have my opinion, you yours

These guys think Ballage should have started over anyone else
They think McCain is a FS
They thought Minkah was a slot CB
They couldn't make use of Drake
I can have a different opinion based on their track record
Coaching has been much better recently so maybe Rosen would have benefited
YOU want to evaluate Rosen and you need him to start to do it, but he's getting plenty of practice reps all week long. They're evaluating him plenty. If Fitz starts the rest of the season, it should say all that needs to be said about Rosen.

YOU want to evaluate Rosen and you need him to start to do it, but he's getting plenty of practice reps all week long. They're evaluating him plenty. If Fitz starts the rest of the season, it should say all that needs to be said about Rosen.

I'm going on the assumption you have played organized sports. Just about everyone has seen the 'practice stars' and seen or heard of players who stink in practice, but are great in live action. What I suspect the staff sees is progress in Rosen's play. The only way anyone will know how it looks in live action is to see it in live action. One possibility I must admit is he's shown no improvement.

I'm going on the assumption you have played organized sports. Just about everyone has seen the 'practice stars' and seen or heard of players who stink in practice, but are great in live action. What I suspect the staff sees is progress in Rosen's play. The only way anyone will know how it looks in live action is to see it in live action. One possibility I must admit is he's shown no improvement.
He's had about 16 full games which is a full season. It's safe to say that he's not a guy who stinks at practice, but is great in live action.

His first start he had an 88.5 QB rating. His BEST start since that first game, has been an 88.9 QB rating.

That "one possibility" is the likely possibility.

Another possibility is they made the decision early in the season, that there was no benefit to putting Rosen back in, until the O-line is addressed in the offseason.

Not saying that is my belief, but it is a reasonable thought process.

He's had about 16 full games which is a full season. It's safe to say that he's not a guy who stinks at practice, but is great in live action.

His first start he had an 88.5 QB rating. His BEST start since that first game, has been an 88.9 QB rating.

That "one possibility" is the likely possibility.

You do know there are people here who called Tanny 'trash' and would be lucky to have a career as a backup, and he had MUCH more than 16 games. I'm predicting nothing from Rosen - good or bad. Like most here, I'm uncertain how Rosen has progressed and am curious enough I'd like to see it live. And I wouldn't be surprised if Flo would also like to see if his progress translates.

Another possibility is they made the decision early in the season, that there was no benefit to putting Rosen back in, until the O-line is addressed in the offseason.

Not saying that is my belief, but it is a reasonable thought process.
I actually think they like Rosen more than any of us realize. I also think they want him to fully understand the offense before gauging his abilities and have deliberately held him out of games.

Rosen will certainly get another look. Where he fits into the future plans has yet to be determined.

Back
Top Bottom