Fitzpatrick | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick

I actually think they like Rosen more than any of us realize. I also think they want him to fully understand the offense before gauging his abilities and have deliberately held him out of games.

Rosen will certainly get another look. Where he fits into the future plans has yet to be determined.
I agree. That look may not be until next season though, and I wouldn't have any particular issue with it, if that's what Flo thinks is best.

YOU want to evaluate Rosen and you need him to start to do it, but he's getting plenty of practice reps all week long. They're evaluating him plenty. If Fitz starts the rest of the season, it should say all that needs to be said about Rosen.

I guess Ballage is a GREAT practice player
You impressed with that choice?

Fitz is playing his ass off and having dun doing it. He is getting clobbered almost every play and he just keeps going. Its crazy how someone at his age avoids sacks and leaves the pocket better than our former qb. Its true Fitz's arm is about dead, he has to put his entire body into routine throws, but he is fun to watch. He gives his guys opportunities to make plays, he takes chances.
He will be the starter next year to open the season while out new QB either gets healthy (Tua) or learns the system.

I guess Ballage is a GREAT practice player
You impressed with that choice?
Rosen hasn't been good in both practice and in games thus far in his career, so I don't think you even know where you're going with this.

Rosen played pretty darn well in preseason this year and he came in weeks three and four and did far more than Fitz up till that point.
He did, but it was sheer physical ability that was carrying him. That is not what Flo wants.

He wants a guy that makes the correct pre/post snap reads, and executes the proper play, within the framework of the system.

He's not up for sandlot football, regardless of flashy plays.

He is not wrong.

He did, but it was sheer physical ability that was carrying him. That is not what Flo wants.

He wants a guy that makes the correct pre/post snap reads, and executes the proper play, within the framework of the system.

He's not up for sandlot football, regardless of flashy plays.

He is not wrong.

True, but to an extent, isn't this what Fritz is also doing? With the limited performance of our offensive line, it is hard for me to say where running the play called stops and physical ability starts. There is clearly an element of both involved.

True, but to an extent, isn't this what Fritz is also doing? With the limited performance of our offensive line, it is hard for me to say where running the play called stops and physical ability starts. There is clearly an element of both involved.
I can't argue that Fitz just threw it up to where he knew Parker, and MG were going to be, but I would argue that knowing precicely where to throw it, given the pre snap read, is part of having a comprehensive knowledge of the offensive design.

I guess what I'm saying is Fitz knew exactly what those recievers were supposed to do, given what the defense was showing. Rosen did not have that working knowledge early in the season. Where he is at now, is anybody's guess. Some QBs take time. Some guys never get to that level.

I guess we trust Ryan's decision making on broken plays better than Rosen's.

Although on a functional offense Rosen might be better.

I mean his best attribute compared to Fitz is his intermediate-deep throws, on which not only does Rosen throw much better, but Fitz migt not even have the arm.

But ut doesn't matter because the OL won't holp up for longer developing routes.

By the time the route develops Rosen is too busy staying up right and he struggles to process both at the same time, pocket play and downfield routes or he's already made a poor decision or he's on his back.

I bet Rosen is better compared to Fitz in more 'normal' conditions.

History has proven this whole rant is false.
What history would that be? Miami has been looking for a franchise QB for twenty years now. You are naïve if you think Miami isn't going to use their resources to secure one of these QBs. It would be much easier to just be in position, due to their record, to take the guy they want, than to leave things to chance or to have to move into a position to take one. There is no value in winning games with a 37 year old journeyman QB. They should at least be evaluating Rosen, the guy they used a 2nd round draft pick on.

Last edited:
Whose side are u on? You one of those guys who only likes the draft?

Well since the late 90s, looking forward to the draft has become more common, than playoff games.

Why?

Fresh, renewed hope. Only to see it smashed in your face by week 10. With the Yatil Greens and others who just never live up to anyone's expectations.

JUST Imagine the TOTAL meltdown among the 'Tankers' & 'ESPN Highlight package viewing crowd'....

If Fitz is the starter next season. :geek :laugh
Just imagine the TOTAL meltdown among the "Tankers are for losers crowd" when Miami trades some of their valuable draft assets to move into position to draft the QB they want because they won too many meaningless games this season with a 37 year old journeyman QB. :geek :laugh

That's been what's maddening about this whole Fitz/Rosen thing. Now, let's admit that what Fitz has done in some recent things has been pretty good. His ability to generate out of this offense is something that few QB's could do. But so many times this year Flores was publicly ripping Rosen a new one for things that Fitz has done for over 15 years. The same reasons why he claimed Rosen wasn't ready were things that Fitz lived off of.

Fans dont give Fitzpatrick much credit. To me i like him as an overall qb since pennington. Our future qb should have his attitude, moxy, and leadership. Hes a gamer. And a bit of a dog. Aside from stats we need that at the qb position. We havent had that in years.

Ugh.. he is no Pennington. He isn't even Jay Fiedler. I have respect for the man and he's tough but doesn't really hold too high of a place in Dolphins history.

Back
Top Bottom