Fitzpatrick | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick

I think our fan base is simply excited to see DeVante Parker and Mike Gesicki get the damn ball. Fitzpatrick knows he can throw 50/50 balls to these guys and they've been delivering more so than Fitzpatrick

What history would that be? Miami has been looking for a franchise QB for twenty years now.

Are you talking about a QB we picked in the late 20s in the draft Dan Marino.

You are naïve if you think Miami isn't going to use their resources to secure one of these QBs.

Where did I say that we weren’t going to draft a QB.

It would be much easier to just be in position, due to their record, to take the guy they want, than to leave things to chance or to have to move into a position to take one.

Sorry you bit for the tank train.

There is no value in winning games with a 37 year old journeyman QB. They should at least be evaluating Rosen, the guy they used a 2nd round draft pick on.

That’s your opinion, not theirs. I wasn’t a fan of the Rosen pick, but c’est la vie. And to think that they’re not evaluating Rosen every day is a little naïve if you ask me.

Last edited:
Having Parker with that single coming out performance was alone worth signing/starting Fitz.

Is that the Parker we really have? I still can't even believe it. He was unstoppable. And not lucky grabs- go up and get em fk you DB catches.

Are you telling me we might have the big play Preston we witnessed AND this Devante next year?

Yeah, buddy. Please keep all hands and feet inside the moving vehicle.

Fitzpatrick is playing like a top 10 QB this year. Something we havent seen since Pennington. He may have 3-5 years left in him. If we provide him with a young solid defense and an average OL, this offense could be very interesting the next couple of years. Also we can have the luxury of drafting a young QB and let him and/or Rosen learn on the sideline.

Rosen played pretty darn well in preseason this year and he came in weeks three and four and did far more than Fitz up till that point.
So your rebuttal to "Rosen hasn't been good in practice or games" is... he played well in preseason games and put up a 61.9 and 88.9 QB rating in weeks 3 and 4?

Literally the entire minicamp's and training camp's Twitter was littered with "Rosen is getting absolutely destroyed by Fitzpatrick" and now you see that it's just continued since then.

Fitzpatrick is playing like a top 10 QB this year. Something we havent seen since Pennington. He may have 3-5 years left in him. If we provide him with a young solid defense and an average OL, this offense could be very interesting the next couple of years. Also we can have the luxury of drafting a young QB and let him and/or Rosen learn on the sideline.

I think you misspelled Tannehill

Please dont even play like that...Its not that I dont like the guy but we all know whats coming and bad games are not "growing pains" with aging QBs like Fitz...they are just a pain. He is not the answer...never will be

I think our fan base is simply excited to see DeVante Parker and Mike Gesicki get the damn ball. Fitzpatrick knows he can throw 50/50 balls to these guys and they've been delivering more so than Fitzpatrick

50/50 balls? If that's the case, Miami is is past due for the 'other's 50

So your rebuttal to "Rosen hasn't been good in practice or games" is... he played well in preseason games and put up a 61.9 and 88.9 QB rating in weeks 3 and 4?

Literally the entire minicamp's and training camp's Twitter was littered with "Rosen is getting absolutely destroyed by Fitzpatrick" and now you see that it's just continued since then.

Rosen outplayed Fitz in preseason. Rosen outplayed Fitz through the first four weeks of the regular season.

But you wanna talk about practice.

I don't think you'll find many people here who would say that Rosen would do what Fitz is doing with the offense right now. The way Fitz manufactures offense with no running game behind this offensive line is miraculous. Rosen couldn't do that because not many could. Especially not one whose brief NFL experience has involved being surrounded by chaotic ineptitude.

I like Rosen's arm talent. We probably lost the chance at developing that when we traded Tunsil and ended fielding a line that is statistically in line with the 2002 Houston Texans, which is why that trade is still pretty stupid to me even if we were overpaid. It it what it is. We got two first round picks and will spend one replacing a tackle we traded away and another drafting a QB we might not have needed to draft had we given the guy on our roster a fair shot. That's just the Dolphins.

Welcome to the Fitzmagic show, where you get to experience the biggest tease in NFL history. You'll find a lot of stats throughout his career and none from the playoffs because despite ample opportunity in places like Buffalo, Houston,and NyJ among others he always bowed out because he's a career choke artist. He's great for airing it out when there's no pressure on him and melts down in epic fashion once real success presents itself.

Please dont even play like that...Its not that I dont like the guy but we all know whats coming and bad games are not "growing pains" with aging QBs like Fitz...they are just a pain. He is not the answer...never will be

He seems to be so far.

In football aren't there two parts to a pass? The passer and the receiver. One is no good without the other.

There is plenty of room for error with either player, but the basic set up is they are both partially responsible for completing the pass. In my eyes that makes all passes a 50-50 proposition. The fact that some receiver make remarkable catches is matched by passers being hounded by some big guys while trying to pass. Passers often throw from "non-standard position", or against the direction they re traveling in.

Each position has its share of problems to overcome with every pass attempt made.

Rosen outplayed Fitz in preseason. Rosen outplayed Fitz through the first four weeks of the regular season.

But you wanna talk about practice.

I don't think you'll find many people here who would say that Rosen would do what Fitz is doing with the offense right now. The way Fitz manufactures offense with no running game behind this offensive line is miraculous. Rosen couldn't do that because not many could. Especially not one whose brief NFL experience has involved being surrounded by chaotic ineptitude.

I like Rosen's arm talent. We probably lost the chance at developing that when we traded Tunsil and ended fielding a line that is statistically in line with the 2002 Houston Texans, which is why that trade is still pretty stupid to me even if we were overpaid. It it what it is. We got two first round picks and will spend one replacing a tackle we traded away and another drafting a QB we might not have needed to draft had we given the guy on our roster a fair shot. That's just the Dolphins.
The NFL these days is not like the NFL of yesteryear. You don't need that elite LT guarding your QB's blind side because defenses won't bash their head into a wall and keep sending their best pass rusher at the same guy over and over like they did before. You have a really good left tackle? Ok great, I'll line my best pass rusher up on the other side, stand him up in the middle, send him on stunts etc. That LT just stands there wasting the $$$ you paid him because I'd MUCH rather have a line comprised of 5 "good" players than have an elite LT and an average or below average spot elsewhere on the line.

How's Tunsil doing over there in Houston? Want to know what Watson's sack rate % is? 8.3%. Want to know what Fitzpatrick's sack rate % is? 8.6%. Does that look like it's worth two 1st rounders and a 2nd to you? I get that there are more variables than that, but Tunsil is about to get paid over $20 mil a year to help a line that is barely better than ours. It isn't worth overloading draft value and salary cap space into one guy anymore and thank God that the front office realized that before it was too late.

As for Rosen, Kyler Murray is playing on the same awful team that Rosen sunk into the ground last season. He's the most sacked quarterback in the league, and yet he still manages to put up some damn good games. I'm tired of hearing excuses for Rosen because no matter who you have around you, you can either do it or you can't and that has always been the case in the history of the league. We're hoping to find a franchise QB, remember? If you need a fully functional offense surrounding the QB for him to actually break 90 QB rating in a game, that by definition isn't franchise, is it?

tldr version: Elite LTs are a dying breed and Rosen is awful and always has been, even in college.

The NFL these days is not like the NFL of yesteryear. You don't need that elite LT guarding your QB's blind side because defenses won't bash their head into a wall and keep sending their best pass rusher at the same guy over and over like they did before. You have a really good left tackle? Ok great, I'll line my best pass rusher up on the other side, stand him up in the middle, send him on stunts etc. That LT just stands there wasting the $$$ you paid him because I'd MUCH rather have a line comprised of 5 "good" players than have an elite LT and an average or below average spot elsewhere on the line.

How's Tunsil doing over there in Houston? Want to know what Watson's sack rate % is? 8.3%. Want to know what Fitzpatrick's sack rate % is? 8.6%. Does that look like it's worth two 1st rounders and a 2nd to you? I get that there are more variables than that, but Tunsil is about to get paid over $20 mil a year to help a line that is barely better than ours. It isn't worth overloading draft value and salary cap space into one guy anymore and thank God that the front office realized that before it was too late.

As for Rosen, Kyler Murray is playing on the same awful team that Rosen sunk into the ground last season. He's the most sacked quarterback in the league, and yet he still manages to put up some damn good games. I'm tired of hearing excuses for Rosen because no matter who you have around you, you can either do it or you can't and that has always been the case in the history of the league. We're hoping to find a franchise QB, remember? If you need a fully functional offense surrounding the QB for him to actually break 90 QB rating in a game, that by definition isn't franchise, is it?

tldr version: Elite LTs are a dying breed and Rosen is awful and always has been, even in college.

You might want to reconsider your opinion on Rosen.

Didn't he have 2 coaches and a change in offensive coordinators in one year with the Cardinals. That meant he was under 2 or even three different systems in his first year. Murray is still in his first system.

If you are willing to acknowledge that a major change in how he was to do things would have accounted for a significantly slower start, then isn't it reasonable to acknowledge that Murray might have had the same difficulties in a similar situation.

How do you account for the effect of all those different systems being thrown at Rosen in one year?

I'm not even adding that there was a draft since Rosen was there that may have improved the offensive line in some ways.

Back
Top Bottom