Fitzpatrick | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Fitzpatrick

Yup, doubt the skill players are half as productive if Rosen was at QB.

Too bad miami controls dvp for 2020 dirt cheap. Of course knowing our way of doing things that probably means they will sign him to a long term extension this offseason when they don’t have to and can make him show it another year.

Most this production seems to be on climb the ladder type stuff outside the numbers. But maybe that usage is just a function of fitz.

Preston Williams was used similar too.

It’s not risky when you have 3 first rounds picks.
We will see what GM want. Rather used that pick on oline..for the first time I want OL
Before I would be mad if we dont select qb. We not going win if we dont fic that line to give qb a chance to win.

Last edited:
Too bad miami controls dvp for 2020 dirt cheap. Of course knowing our way of doing things that probably means they will sign him to a long term extension this offseason when they don’t have to and can make him show it another year.

Most this production seems to be on climb the ladder type stuff outside the numbers. But maybe that usage is just a function of fitz.

Preston Williams was used similar too.
Agree- similar DVP wins on ball pointing and back shoulder using size. He doesn’t create tremendous separation but has been a pleasant surprise.
Fitz is a slinger. Not exactly a canon of a gunslinger but more in terms of - he takes shots.

Lol, #2 overall means nothing if your coaching staff is inept.
If anything, this current coaching staff, is showing how much we under performed with the talent we've had all these years.

So beating a bunch of bad teams for meaningless wins with nothing on the line except draft position is some kind of win in your book? This staff looked entirely incompetent through the first 6-7 games. I’d rather have ZERO wins and look competitive in every game than beating up on losers like the jets eagles and redskins.

the 1-15 team was better coached.

So beating a bunch of bad teams for meaningless wins with nothing on the line except draft position is some kind of win in your book? This staff looked entirely incompetent through the first 6-7 games. I’d rather have ZERO wins and look competitive in every game than beating up on losers like the jets eagles and redskins.

Going to wager you're the only one on the planet Earth with that opinion.

Tannehill currently has the #1 Passer Rating in the NFL...and #1 YPA...and #1 redzone/TD ratio. And #2 completion % behind Drew Brees.

But the best part of your post is referencing ESPN's QBR as "THE" gold standard for QBs...nice one.

Football Outsiders DVOA does a better job...and currently Tannehill is 8th there...Fitz is 21st.

Throw a name like Brady, Rapistburger or Brees in front of those numbers, and you have elite.
Tannehill's greatest asset since being drafted has been his ability to fool people. I mean, look at this... People still think he's capable of being really good.

He's averaging 9.1 yards per attempt. His career average which hasn't fluctuated much is 7.1. His completion percentage is also 6 points higher than his previous career high. These are statistically unsustainable. You know what numbers will continue? That he's averaging only 200 yards a game. Also, his sack rate is 12% behind a line that is supposedly "much better" than he's ever had here, ya?

I'm good on Tannehill, and I can't believe that some people are still getting bamboozled. He's going to end up getting a fat contract extension after this season and he's going to turn back into a pumpkin after his nice little run here and then get the next set of coaches fired.

It's going to be very similar with half this board exploding because Minkah was in DPoY talks, but then you know, once the easy picks stopped landing in his chest from tipped balls, in the last 3 games he's had 8 tackles total, 1 pass defensed, and another fumble recovery and everybody stopped talking about him. Tannehill's due for his Tannehill type games when the playoffs are on the line.

Going to wager you're the only one on the planet Earth with that opinion.
Well, I've heard a lot of ludicrous opinions, so probably not the only one, but definitely a very small percentage.

Meh, some people just have a negative nature.

Then you don't know what you're talking about!
That 1-15 team had all-pros, HOF players, and solid vets on the roster. There's NO WAY that team should have been 1-15. They had a TERRIBLE coach.

I would rather he was sacked 13 times and we had the #2 pick

I am torn with this comment. I saw a post in the past that got me fired up in a good way. Get Chase Young in the draft and Mario Williams in free agency. I was born with an Ohio St football jersey even though I went to the University of Colorado (thank god no rivalry there lol). Plus I grew up right on the border of Ohio and Michigan so you want to talk about intensity that week, the country has no idea. With that said, we are out of the Chase Young sweepstakes with winning at the moment and he makes the Bosa boys, who are living it up in the NFL and legends already at OSU, but Chase is a step above them and if I was an opposing team I would at least be partially planning for him even as a rookie. Throw Mario Williams into the mix and we need to win games and show a dedication to winning that a recent article posted shows the team is behind coach because he is doing everything to win, shows a plan moving forwards, and proves we are not tanking. I wish we would have lost the game trying our hearts out to win and I am glad we won at the same time. It is a twisted world to be a Dolphins fan this year. If we end up with Chase and Mario with Christian William in his 2nd year, we are building something special. The offensive line is our most glaring need besides QB, so we have cap and plenty of picks to work on that. With Tua injury prone and no one knows if he even enters the draft at the moment and my gut saying Burrow is a bust in the NFL, ESPECIALLY with no offensive line, I say Fitz for another year wouldn't hurt as starter (yes I know a QB is desperate need, Brady retires and watch New England fall off the map. What round was he drafted?). We already have the draft capital to move up next year for a QB for you haters that think only a #1 prospect QB pick in the #1 spot will succeed and the ones who say we will be to far back in the draft if we win more games next year to get a top tier QB. We are in full overhaul which we have needed for years and that doesn't happen in one off season. Rookie QBs have enough to worry about being rookies, they don't need the worries of being sacked a possibility every play on top of that. If the opportunity presents itself, draft a QB, but don't reach for one. I guess there are many holes, but we have a defensive minded coach obviously. Get Chase, get Mario, build the O-line, put the QB on the back burner this year unless a silver platter is handed to us, and start drafting and signing team oriented and intelligent people. We aren't a draft or sign best player available team at the moment even though we have so many holes that is basically every player. As the great Bill Walsh said "Joe Montana was a product of the system, Dan Marino was the system." Where did that get us? Marino never won a Superbowl and isn't even discussed as the GOAT where the over hyped Montana was undisputed until Brady.

Tannehill's greatest asset since being drafted has been his ability to fool people. I mean, look at this... People still think he's capable of being really good.

He's averaging 9.1 yards per attempt. His career average which hasn't fluctuated much is 7.1. His completion percentage is also 6 points higher than his previous career high. These are statistically unsustainable. You know what numbers will continue? That he's averaging only 200 yards a game. Also, his sack rate is 12% behind a line that is supposedly "much better" than he's ever had here, ya?

I'm good on Tannehill, and I can't believe that some people are still getting bamboozled. He's going to end up getting a fat contract extension after this season and he's going to turn back into a pumpkin after his nice little run here and then get the next set of coaches fired.

It's going to be very similar with half this board exploding because Minkah was in DPoY talks, but then you know, once the easy picks stopped landing in his chest from tipped balls, in the last 3 games he's had 8 tackles total, 1 pass defensed, and another fumble recovery and everybody stopped talking about him. Tannehill's due for his Tannehill type games when the playoffs are on the line.

So citing stats on rosters that are horrible? Good metric.

Signing Brees coming off of a shoulder surgery was too risky. There is no such thing as "too risky". What's the worst that can happen? We blow a first round pick... out of our three? So what? There's no guarantee that not drafting him results in a player at another position turning out to be good either. There's risk with every pick, except a few of the sure-fire can't-miss type guys like Chase Young which is why they go so high.

As for offensive line, drafting him and having him sit out 2020 behind Fitzpatrick not only gives you TWO full offseasons to improve the offensive line with all of our assets before you throw him out there, but gives him a year to rehab behind a really good teacher at QB.
You sound good on here but Gm job is on line. I just told u what I would not do. Tua ain't no brees. Very few are. To be real dolphins ain't in position to take a guy like Tua being hurt right now. Everything boil down too Gm and medical doctor.

Back
Top Bottom