FIU-UM Fight | 8 Canes Suspended | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FIU-UM Fight | 8 Canes Suspended

nick1 said:
nothing will happen to Miami, their too good to do anything to. they still win the ACC IMO

Meriweather wasn't suspensed indefintely BTW, Redick was but not Meriweather. he only received a one game suspension. He shouldn't be suspended indefinitely either, nobody got hurt. Haynesworth did worse two games ago in the NFL and only recieved 5 games

hmmm, I pull out my gun and shoot at you until it is empty and because there was no injury there was no foul??

I applaude FIU..the U should have done the very same thing... including community service for everyone...

23Ronnie23 said:
i dont think anyone wants to admit that fiu started the fight.

Doesnt matter who started it......it was assinine on all parts. And i didnt see a FIU player forcing the U WR to point and bow to them after the TD.

The U is a joke.....and they really need to do some house cleaning.

Nappy Roots said:
lmao. again, calling that horrific is hilarious. if you think what you saw was horrific, you have probably been locked in your room your whole life.
I bet if I found a video of a guy getting pinned to th ground and repeatdly stomped and kicked you'd say that was vile.

Jim Rome suggested that UM should forfeit the game, I laughed. thats the stupidest thing ever, why would you forfeit a win if your not the team who started the fight? thats idiotic

bjchit said:
I bet if I found a video of a guy getting pinned to th ground and repeatdly stomped and kicked you'd say that was vile.

nope. ive seen dudes get their jaw broken in fights. ive seen a guy get flipped over on his head and get stomped by 10 dudes, and was in the hospital 2 months. gettin stomped in the south is not a new phenomeom. its nothing new. it certainly aint vile, specially when a guy is whereing a helmet and they cant kick where everyone usually aims.

Nappy Roots said:
nope. ive seen dudes get their jaw broken in fights. ive seen a guy get flipped over on his head and get stomped by 10 dudes, and was in the hospital 2 months. gettin stomped in the south is not a new phenomeom. its nothing new. it certainly aint vile, specially when a guy is whereing a helmet and they cant kick where every usually aims.
Well Iguess I'm just not used to seeing that kind idiotsy then.

23Ronnie23 said:
i dont think anyone wants to admit that fiu started the fight.

I will. FIU definitely started this fight and UM is getting a bum rap because of their reputation and because of the fight that took place at LSU and against Florida in that bowl game a few years back. Clearly both teams actions were horrible but the FIU players started it cause they were pissed that UM player taunted them after scoring a touchdown. I've seen worse taunting then what that kid did and even though both schools were wrong, I think UM is getting way more heat then FIU and it's unfair!

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
I will. FIU definitely started this fight and UM is getting a bum rap because of their reputation and because of the fight that took place at LSU and against Florida in that bowl game a few years back. Clearly both teams actions were horrible but the FIU players started it cause they were pissed that UM player taunted them after scoring a touchdown. I've seen worse taunting then what that kid did and even though both schools were wrong, I think UM is getting way more heat then FIU and it's unfair!

Of course Miami is getting more heat. For the same reason Artest or TO get more heat when they do something that another player does. You have to take history into account and the punishment that the two schools handed out.

Caps said:

damn, USC got in that ***!
clear.gif

Miami president supports sanctions

1-2.gif

clear.gif

Florida International's Chris Smith (right) was kicked off the team on Monday.

Shaking her fist for emphasis, Miami president Donna Shalala said Tuesday that sanctions levied against 13 players for their role in a sideline-clearing brawl were fair, justified and strong enough to satisfy the university.

All that, though, came with one big caveat: Miami athletes simply can never fight again, she said.

"This university will be firm and punish people who do bad things," Shalala said. "But we will not throw any student under the bus for instant restoration of our image or our reputation. I will not hang them in a public square. I will not eliminate their participation at the university. I will not take away their scholarships."

Miami officials have enacted a new rule that any athlete who fights will be dismissed from that team, a "new standard ... zero tolerance" policy. That, along with 12 one-game suspensions, one indefinite suspension and orders that all players involved in Saturday night's brawl with Florida International do community service, is sufficient punishment, Shalala said.

"It's time for the feeding frenzy to stop," Shalala said. "These young men made a stupid, terrible, horrible mistake and they are being punished."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/ncaa/10/17/miami.prez.ap/index.html

Donna Shalala says "the buck stops here", yet she hasn't watched the tape of the fight. How can you claim ultimate accountability if you won't review the specifics of the incident?

Back
Top Bottom