FIU-UM Fight | 8 Canes Suspended | Page 21 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FIU-UM Fight | 8 Canes Suspended

Cuban Dave 9 said:
Sorry no one says USC is a model school...they have had about equal problems as UM.

did you forget the fight FSU and Florida got into a couple years ago in the swamp? weve had many face offs on the field with Florida. including stomping on the center logo.

FSU nor UF are model schools either.

Nappy Roots said:
did you forget the fight FSU and Florida got into a couple years ago in the swamp? weve had many face offs on the field with Florida. including stomping on the center logo.

FSU nor UF are model schools either.
Yes, that is the typical rivalry fight. never did I claim modelty so don't put words in my mouth. LSU UM had one where someone again took out a helmet and knocked someone unconscience.

Is it fair to say that this fight was dirty? Or are you always going to have something else to say?

Cuban Dave 9 said:
Yes, that is the typical rivalry fight. never did I claim modelty so don't put words in my mouth. LSU UM had one where someone again took out a helmet and knocked someone unconscience.

Is it fair to say that this fight was dirty? Or are you always going to have something else to say?

im just sayin, they way you speak in this thread, this UM-FIU fight is unprecedented.

Cuban Dave 9 said:
Where's the kicking when a man's down? and swinging helmets? See how people were pulling and pushing to break it up???
There's very obviously a couple guys hitting people while they're down at around the 40 second mark.

And only ONE guy swung his helmet in the UM-FIU fight, he swung it once and hit someone in the shoulder pads. It's not like it was widespread.

The only people I saw making a concentrated effort to break up the 71 fight were the cops and the coaches.

there have been numorous college football brawls

Clemson-S.Carolina - http://youtube.com/watch?v=omHv-UWbfe8

Syracuse-WVU - http://youtube.com/watch?v=vbS07tvfurY

Ole Miss-Miss St - http://youtube.com/watch?v=cxpdYRColEo

Illinois-Mich St - http://youtube.com/watch?v=5SEA-XM88jk

I'd list others but don't have the time but don't forget about the FSU- Florida brawl and the USC-Notre Dame brawl already listed above

my point is you guys need to get over this, it's not just Miami. it's all of college football. we all not the only school to jump at midfield before playing Loiusville either

Donna Shalala isn't stupid; without football, UM athletics would go bankrupt. I foresee some major house cleaning at seasons end.

Can FSU offer Jeff Bowden?

NorFlaFin said:
Donna Shalala isn't stupid; without football, UM athletics would go bankrupt. I foresee some major house cleaning at seasons end.

Can FSU offer Jeff Bowden?

No. It was worth a shot though:tongue:

UF Fin Kat said:
:lol: that's awesome.

just as his team mates arrive to congo rats on him he appears to push them away and move back into the solo spotlight...what do you think....

[mod] No personal attacks, and do not circumvent the profanity filter! [/mod]

It has been 5 days now since the brawl and IMO this has been blown WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY out of proportion by the media. And whoever posted that sorry Dennis Dodd article about Merriweather and Reddick being in jail can take that somewhere, Dennis Dodd is of CBSsportsline, I loved how last year he said the Miami program could never beat VA TEch in Blacksburg. A true Miami Hater. the "U' is a brand, and the media loves to hate them. It makes them not have to do real work by just blaming everything on Miami. I would say 90 percent or more of the media outlets outside of South Florida probably did nothing more than look at the fight and blame Miami for the whole thing because they knew that was a story for them to keep running.

I honestly don't agree with the Lamar Thomas firing either, you pay this man to bring his opinion to the station and his point of view, and he is a former player for the U, and he got into it. Maybe he was out of line, but I don't think it was worth firing him over . . . if u wanted a candy commentator, you should NOT have hired a guy like Lamar, wayyyy overblown.

Reddick deserved the indefinite suspension, no question . . . u just can't swing the helmet at somebody, wayy out of line. Everybody else who was primarily involved with the one game suspensions, I think that is fair . . . along with the zero tolerance policy in effect. I think if we were playing Ga Tech this week, then people would accept that as well, but since we are playing Duke people don't feel the punishment is harsh enuff.

Lets be done with this, everyone knows FIU started this. Hell there were quotes in the paper how FIU players were saying "We are gonna show the world something on Saturday", cheap shots throughout the game, bad blood in the stands as well . . . and yea Miami had that celebration penalty, ooooooo like that doesn't happen almost every game. Fact is FIU started it . . . and if wasn't for them, this thing would not have happened. Its a brawl, yea there was cleating, there was crutches, there was helmet swinging . . . sometimes u don't think in situations like this, u just react . . . and its something that should be forgiven and BE DONE WITH.

Back
Top Bottom