FIU-UM Fight | 8 Canes Suspended | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

FIU-UM Fight | 8 Canes Suspended

DonShula84 said:
Maybe they were mad because Miami is a bunch of punks with no class?

you know what...I'm getting really tired of all your bullcrap about Miami ... you have a hate filled agenda and are acting like an ***...knock it off.

...all you do is take cheap friggen potshots from the sideline...you pronounced sentence before you had even seen the damned thing and I am tired of your low class insults directed at everything Miami...

Man I tell u what, I think Miami is the most HATED team in the league. If you are a non Miami fan, u are gonna think this is on Miami . . . I mean wtf man. Do any of yall understand the relationships from even back to pee wee football on the field right now. This is Miami-FIU . . . fk FSU and UF, this is what u call a LOCAL rivalry. U got kids from Deerfield Beach on south to Homestead making up about 90% of your squad. These kids got beef, alot of the FIU kids applied to Miami and weren't able to get a scholarship. I'm laughing at people saying that if it was USC or OSU this wouldn't happen. Of course not, they are way across the country some where. This type of thing happens at local schools ala Clemson-South Carolina. These 2 were jabber jawing all night, talking mess . . . probably talking bout how so and so's girl is a hoe, and how he hit it in the 8th grade . . .I mean u gotta understand the tension going on, on the field. Miami was taking that crap all night man, and when they scored . . .yea they relieved a little frustration and drawed that unsportsman like conduct flag . . . but hell what team doesn't draw one of those occassionly after scoring a TD. FIU took out the kicker and the scout QB, and thats when all hell broke loose. U wanna say Miami is classless, whateva man. I mean its bad what happened, but Miami didn't start this . . . they damn sure finished it tho. U don't let these UM rejects come on your field and take over, fk that, of course u non U fans think MIami could have prevented it, GTFO, this is bigger than NCAA, this is about hometown pride man. U know how many families were in the stands, how many homeboys, how many former teammates, how many current high school players . . . when FIU builds that program up, u will see this game on rivalry week every year.

I didn't think anyone was completely at fault. However, the "cheering" (jumping around pumping their helmets in the air), doesn't seem to make Miami any better looking. IMO, if anything showed lack of class, it was that.

DonShula84 said:
I have no doubt that FIU started it, but you just get the feeling(perhaps unfairly) if the same instigation had happened against USC or OSU or other top programs it wouldnt have turned as ugly as it did. FIU started it, but Miami had to problem pushing it to the next level.

No, it still would have been just as ugly. You may be fooliing yourself, but you're not fooling anyone else. You criminally assault the freaking kicker, you're going to cause a brawl with any team.

DonShula84 said:
I have no doubt that FIU started it, but you just get the feeling(perhaps unfairly) if the same instigation had happened against USC or OSU or other top programs it wouldnt have turned as ugly as it did. FIU started it, but Miami had to problem pushing it to the next level.
dont give me that USC pete carroll ****

MikeO said:
a couple guys on the field could have gone in and broken up the fight.

the whole Canes bench didn't need to clear!!!!!!!!

Once the FIU bench cleared, what choice did Miami have? Let their players on the field get assaulted while they stood by? Hope I never have to count on YOU to have my back. :rolleyes2

DonShula84 said:
Maybe they were mad because Miami is a bunch of punks with no class?

Naw, they were mad because FIU is a bunch of punks with no class and not enough talent to get into a real school.

Rick 1966 said:
Naw, they were mad because FIU is a bunch of punks with no class and not enough talent to get into a real school.

Funny wonder if the U. of Miami players had the same "Holier than Thou" attitude as you have :confused:. LIke my previous post stated, I didn't see a problem with Miami, until everything finished, and they started "cheering". Lack of class. Period.

Ricky Brown said:
Funny wonder if the U. of Miami players had the same "Holier than Thou" attitude as you have :confused:. LIke my previous post stated, I didn't see a problem with Miami, until everything finished, and they started "cheering". Lack of class. Period.

The stomp they do with the helmets in the air is more of a sign of unity, a "Nobody is gonna come in our house and run us over", its actually refreshing to see from this dead team, maybe its classless to u, but it may be the spark that turns this program back up, as crazy as it may sound.

Would u rather all the UM players go to the bench with their head in there hands crying about what just happened, c'mon man . . . it was only FIU, but Miami turned it on after that, and it was good to see a solid team effort after the brawl. These guys acted like they had interest in a game for the first time all year . . .its about DAMN TIME.

305TillIDie said:
I know Sean since child hood and his was acting a fool even before he came to the University of Miami...thats not Miami's fault hes like that

they took him! They gave him the free education!!! Don't go after him!

Rick 1966 said:
Once the FIU bench cleared, what choice did Miami have? Let their players on the field get assaulted while they stood by? Hope I never have to count on YOU to have my back. :rolleyes2

Nobody was going to get killed. Nobody had guns or knives.

The canes bench could have stayed there, let the refs take care of everything. And make FIU look like the bad guys.

Now, everyone looks bad. And the Canes have a history of this nonsense and this type of crap plus they are the bigger school so it effects them more. You don't think Florida, FSU, and other ACC schoools will use this footage to recruit against them?? Sit down with a players mamma and pappa and say....you want to send your kid to a school where THIS happens?? How it started who started it becomes irrelevant. You just don't "act" that way.

Like I said, nobody had a gun or a knife or was going to get murdered. The refs could have broken it up. Then the Canes come off looking like the good-guys.

Ricky Brown said:
LIke my previous post stated, I didn't see a problem with Miami, until everything finished, and they started "cheering". Lack of class. Period.

Your surprised? :lol:

That brawl was sooooooo ugly and so bad. You can't trust Miami or even the ACC to pass out the punishments.

I hope the NCAA steps in. Bans certain players for life from playing NCAA football (on both schools). No little 3 or 4 game suspension. BAN THEM FOR LIFE!!!! Then maybe block FIU and Miami from going to any potential bowl games for 1 or 2 years. Starting THIS YEAR!

The punishment needs to be so harsh to prevent anything like this happening again. You can't trust the schools or conference to make the call.

I saw the brawl several times on the clip shows. Here's the bottom line of it all: FIU started it and UM finished it, with style. Even on a bench clearing brawl, there's no need to stomp on players laying on the ground, and there is not need to swing your helmet like a weapon...ever.

FIU started it. Any player from that team that stomped on another player, or body slammed another should have their scholarship revoked. Any other player who threw a punch should have the rest of their season yanked. No bowl game (like they were going to make one anyway).

The UM kid that swung his helmet like a mace: Revoke his scholarship and send him packing. THERE IS NO REASON FOR THAT ACTION. None of you can defend it, so don't even try. Any other UM players that were stomping on players on the ground, either revoke scholarships, or suspend the rest of the year. Kids that swung a punch? Suspended the rest of the year.

I put equal blame on both sides. Yeah, FIU started it and I think should bear the brunt of the consequences. Miami has the higher profile program and will bear most of the scrutiny.

img9728902-1.jpg

:sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol: :sidelol:

Back
Top Bottom