Five Potential Surprise Picks at #18 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Five Potential Surprise Picks at #18

No. Wilson is explosive but not reliable and not really a downfield threat. Hurns is just a guy.

I disagree. I see Wilson as being the same player as Shenault. Maybe I should say it correctly and say, "I see Shenault as being the same player as Wilson," only minus the NFL experience.

I like Ruggs if he falls he would force defenses to play you different also like Kinlaw if he were to fall Dolphins need a pass rush from the interior, also like Jefferson there and he would allow you to trade - cut or ask for a serious pay cut from Albert Wilson, trade up for one of the offensive tackles or Wirfs wouldn't bother me either.

WR is a dark horse pick for one of these 1st rounders. Definitely. Grier has a particular love for CeeDee Lamb and Jerry Jeudy, I’m told. Jeudy is obvious and not likely to be available at a pick we’d consider using on him. Lamb is not as obvious and more likely to be available at a relevant pick, so, hmmm.

As far as surprises go - WR, CB, C are the positions where value overrides need and could be considered a surprise.
We can get by at said positions but the value presented in Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs, Reagor, Henderson and Ruiz would make them mild surprises- and not disappointing.

Disappointing at #18:
Any RB,
Any OT outside top 4,
Any front 7 Defender outside of Young, Simmons, Brown, Chaisson, Kinlaw.

I think we need to go all in on the offense. We went defense in the FA market. So I'd consider any of the following a surprise but I don't think they would be terrible picks by any stretch.

Brown/Kinlaw/Chaisson/Henderson/Murray

On the offensive side, only because we need OL help so badly, I suppose I'd consider the following somewhat of a surprise.

Jeudy/Lamb/Ruggs/Mims/Reagor

WR is a dark horse pick for one of these 1st rounders. Definitely. Grier has a particular love for CeeDee Lamb and Jerry Jeudy, I’m told. Jeudy is obvious and not likely to be available at a pick we’d consider using on him. Lamb is not as obvious and more likely to be available at a relevant pick, so, hmmm.

If Lamb is there at 18, it should be an easy pick for Miami - unless Thomas is also there. I slightly prefer Lamb for Miami. If you need to convert 3rd and 8, Lamb plays so much stronger - ball in the air or in his hands. You can use him like a Michael Thomas, and his RAC would really shine in that role, or you could use him like Nuke Hopkins and know he's better than 50/50 on 50/50 balls. For Miami, I'd want to use him more like Thomas, giving the QB a strong target in the intermediate range, who makes plays with the ball in his hands.

I'd like Jefferson in this role, as well. I'd also like Jeudy and Reagor, among others, as complements to the existing group in Miami, but they're guys you want running deeper routes, in general. They all win at various levels and in various ways, but their strongest points are different.

Lamb gets a lot if YAC. Have to like that about him. His game does seem similar to Parker and Williams, though. A likely better version of those two.

As far as surprises go - WR, CB, C are the positions where value overrides need and could be considered a surprise.
We can get by at said positions but the value presented in Lamb, Jeudy, Ruggs, Reagor, Henderson and Ruiz would make them mild surprises- and not disappointing.

Disappointing at #18:
Any RB,
Any OT outside top 4,
Any front 7 Defender outside of Young, Simmons, Brown, Chaisson, Kinlaw.
I could see Jones or Jackson there. Both would be a bit of a reach.

If Lamb is there at 18, it should be an easy pick for Miami - unless Thomas is also there. I slightly prefer Lamb for Miami. If you need to convert 3rd and 8, Lamb plays so much stronger - ball in the air or in his hands. You can use him like a Michael Thomas, and his RAC would really shine in that role, or you could use him like Nuke Hopkins and know he's better than 50/50 on 50/50 balls. For Miami, I'd want to use him more like Thomas, giving the QB a strong target in the intermediate range, who makes plays with the ball in his hands.

I'd like Jefferson in this role, as well. I'd also like Jeudy and Reagor, among others, as complements to the existing group in Miami, but they're guys you want running deeper routes, in general. They all win at various levels and in various ways, but their strongest points are different.
A board of Lamb and Thomas would be best case scenario

If the WRs fall, I would prefer for the Fins:

Jeudy
Ruggs
Trade back
Lamb

I would not want Ruggs at 18 but I would jump on Jeudy or Lamb at 18 without hesitation.

I can't see either being there though.

A first round of QB/WR/OL would be fine with me assuming I like the players in question of course.

Herbert/Ruggs/Cleveland would not make me happy for instance. ;_

Back
Top Bottom