Five Potential Surprise Picks at #18 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Five Potential Surprise Picks at #18

I guess I'm the type to play it safe and reach for need. I'd be very happy with Burrow/Tua/Herbert at 5, Austin Jackson/Josh Jones at 26, and Isaiah Wilson/Lucas Niang at 56. If the tackles have to be at 18 and 26 so be it (but then I'd being hoping for Thomas). There will be quality WR's, RB's, and SS's/FS's later on. Plus picks 18 and 39 ain't chopped liver.

If they want to roll with Davis at right tackle fine.....draft a left tackle and a right guard.....just get the darn OL fixed this year!

I guess I'm the type to play it safe and reach for need. I'd be very happy with Burrow/Tua/Herbert at 5, Austin Jackson/Josh Jones at 26, and Isaiah Wilson/Lucas Niang at 56. If the tackles have to be at 18 and 26 so be it (but then I'd being hoping for Thomas). There will be quality WR's, RB's, and SS's/FS's later on. Plus picks 18 and 39 ain't chopped liver.

If they want to roll with Davis at right tackle fine.....draft a left tackle and a right guard.....just get the darn OL fixed this year!
I would love to see the team draft Thomas at #18. I think if he falls close to that spot, I'd be looking to deal up.

Right.

If they want one of Thomas/Wirfs/Wills/Becton they are going to have to move up to the 13-15 range.One of them may slide to 18 but it sure does not seem likely right now.

There are some good OT's later and they may like Jones/Jackson/Niang at 18 or 26 better than paying a higher price for one of the Top 4.

And if they get Tua then Isaiah Wilson is a nice RT target in R2

CJ Henderson wouldn’t be a surprise to me. In fact, I think that’s who we should be targeting. I’m even willing to give up a mid round pick to move up 2 spots ahead of Dallas to get Henderson.

CJ Henderson wouldn’t be a surprise to me. In fact, I think that’s who we should be targeting. I’m even willing to give up a mid round pick to move up 2 spots ahead of Dallas to get Henderson.
He could be a terrific add. Think about Miami in obvious passing downs with Howard, Jones and Henderson. I still would call Henderson surprising, though, considering the addition of Jones.

Right.

If they want one of Thomas/Wirfs/Wills/Becton they are going to have to move up to the 13-15 range.One of them may slide to 18 but it sure does not seem likely right now.

There are some good OT's later and they may like Jones/Jackson/Niang at 18 or 26 better than paying a higher price for one of the Top 4.

And if they get Tua then Isaiah Wilson is a nice RT target in R2
I've seen mocks with all four of those gone by the NYJ pick. I think the Jets could go wide receiver, though. I think they added some offensive lineman in free agency.

If the 49ers are targeting a wide receiver, SF could be a trade partner at #13. At #18 they could still get a good wide receiver, but not likely Jeudy or Lamb.

He could be a terrific add. Think about Miami in obvious passing downs with Howard, Jones and Henderson. I still would call Henderson surprising, though, considering the addition of Jones.

We will have 5 DBs on the field most of the time in today’s NFL. Do we have 5 decent DBs on our team right now? I don’t think we even have 3 decent coverage guys, and I’m not so sure Howard will be here very long. CB is a premium position.

SF was who I looked at too.

In a mock over at PFN I moved from 18 to 13 by giving them #70 and got Wills to play RT for Tua.

Then I traded down from 26 and got my 3rd rounder back. :)

My first 4 picks were Tua/Wills/Jackson and Ruiz.

Got my QB and built what will become one of the best OL's in the League.

Grabbed Winfield and Hamler to round out the 6 picks.

Not sure a Draft could go any better than that realistically.

A future OL of Jackson/Flowers/Ruiz/Davis/Wills would be outstanding.

SF was who I looked at too.

In a mock over at PFN I moved from 18 to 13 by giving them #70 and got Wills to play RT for Tua.

Then I traded down from 26 and got my 3rd rounder back. :)

My first 4 picks were Tua/Wills/Jackson and Ruiz.

Got my QB and built what will become one of the best OL's in the League.

Grabbed Winfield and Hamler to round out the 6 picks.

Not sure a Draft could go any better than that realistically.

A future OL of Jackson/Flowers/Ruiz/Davis/Wills would be outstanding.
That would be an awesome draft.

Fans need to watch Austin Jackson tape in the bowl game against Iowa. He was pretty bad. Dont like drafting Pac 10 players thst played against weak competition all their careers.

Fans need to watch Austin Jackson tape in the bowl game against Iowa. He was pretty bad. Dont like drafting Pac 10 players thst played against weak competition all their careers.

Pac 12 is anything but weak from a talent standpoint. The USC program was under attack entering that bowl game. Everyone expected a lackluster performance. It was all over the USC forums. The fanbase spent the second half of the season salivating for Clay Helton to be fired and potentially replaced by Urban Meyer. The big win over UCLA to end the season was viewed as meaningless. Helton's dismissal was expected within days. Instead when new USC president Carol Felt decided to retain Helton in early December it was like the fan base was on tilt and in revolt. I have never seen anything like it in my 4 decades of association with that university. Nobody cared about the bowl game other than hoping somehow the decision could be reversed if Helton was embarrassed in the bowl game. The recruiting class was already an unsalvageable disaster. Everything was a disaster.

I guarantee the players felt that also. I haven't paid full attention to Jackson but that's one game I would never base an evaluation on. Situational influence is everything.

That tape is rough to watch. Epenesa is elite with his hand usage while Jackson is sloppy with his with too much reaching, and it showed time after time.

Epenesa would jab and knock him off balance or slap the hands down and get the edge regularly.

Pac 12 is anything but weak from a talent standpoint. The USC program was under attack entering that bowl game. Everyone expected a lackluster performance. It was all over the USC forums. The fanbase spent the second half of the season salivating for Clay Helton to be fired and potentially replaced by Urban Meyer. The big win over UCLA to end the season was viewed as meaningless. Helton's dismissal was expected within days. Instead when new USC president Carol Felt decided to retain Helton in early December it was like the fan base was on tilt and in revolt. I have never seen anything like it in my 4 decades of association with that university. Nobody cared about the bowl game other than hoping somehow the decision could be reversed if Helton was embarrassed in the bowl game. The recruiting class was already an unsalvageable disaster. Everything was a disaster.

I guarantee the players felt that also. I haven't paid full attention to Jackson but that's one game I would never base an evaluation on. Situational influence is everything.
Seriously? The PAC 10 stinks. Their OLineman play against weak defensive lines that are not physical or very talented. Thats why when they play the B1G10 and SEC defenses they get schooled.

The thing with Jackson is you have to take into account the fact that he donated bone marrow to his sister the summer before the season and that procedure and everything that went with it really took some steam out of him.

He is a guy who could make a big leap with good coaching and getting fitter and stronger.

And we would be talking about him playing LT for a lefty QB so he would not be charged with protecting his blindside.

Having Tua is a reason I like Andrew Thomas so much. He is a good pass blocker but run blocking is where he excels.That could make for a very strong run blocking line, especially on the left side.

Back
Top Bottom